Winter in Western Canada.

Goodgrief

The ski resorts are thriving. We, those who don't participate in winter sports are screaming for a break in the brutal weather! Cabin fever is sinking in. I'm wondering why I have an electricity consuming deep freezer when I could just leaver its contents outside.

HELP!

Country17

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Hey GG, when I lived in Michigan we had a 5' chest freezer which we kept in the garage. We lined the bottom with 1 gal. milk jugs and once winter set in we could unplug it until spring. Helped offset the heating bill a little bit.

Goodgrief

Hey GG, when I lived in Michigan we had a 5' chest freezer which we kept in the garage. We lined the bottom with 1 gal. milk jugs and once winter set in we could unplug it until spring. Helped offset the heating bill a little bit.

Hey Country! Nice to hear from you again! The trouble with our winters is that we get Chinooks. They may last a few hours, they may last for weeks. Chinooks are warm winds coming from over the Rockies. Winters in Alberta are quite unpredictable. You wake up one morning, it's 50 F but by the time you get back from work, it might have dropped to 20 F.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
And we worry over here about zero, frosty mornings, roads [gritted or not] and you have that to live with...Geesh

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
My word it's getting cold here as well I know the citrus growers use smudge pots here when the temp is below +29F. So yea guess I'll be looking for some place closer to the equator and personally I think the smart ones will seeings all this global warming and all. Although am having trouble finding a descent place to live with the elavation I need for when all that water truning this planet into WaterWorld.

But I do feel for you G.G. cause do still remember the cold cold weather we had living in Wisconsin And all that darn snow.