Yahoo! Mail Blocking Jokeroo.com

jokaroo

Administrator
Staff member
As of this weekend we have received reports that our Yahoo users were no longer receiving the daily Jokeroo Newsletter. Unfortunately it seems that Yahoo is currently blocking our newsletter and clearly they are making a mistake. We tried contacting them last week so they can white list Jokeroo so your newsletter would go straight into the inbox. Instead it seems like they have blocked us.

They are saying its because our volume is really high, but thats hardly a good excuse. Our volume is high because our site is big. At this point we will try our best to resolve this issue, but since its so difficult to actually contact someone at Yahoo, it might be really tough.

In the meantime, the following Email Providers are treating us very well:

Hotmail
Live
AOL
MSN
Telus
Cox
Comcast
Verizon

Any ideas are appreciated and feel free to announce here if you are not receiving your newsletter. Thanks.

UPDATE:
Please contact yahoo with their Live Chat. Tell them they have blocked all Jokeroo.com newsletters and requesting they unblock us. Do NOT let them tell you that you need to unblock us from your spam filter as that is not the issue.

Contact Yahoo through Live Chat:
Click Here

If that doesn't work, please click here and press the purple button that says :
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/forms_index.html

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
Will do but if it doesn't go into my inbox I never look or open up the junk mail. Although with the hotmail address that I usually use have been getting them nice and early.

squirt

Administrator
I've contacted yahoo. they said to tell ya'll to make sure you're spelling my email addy right (which I get all your other emailings just fine and got the newsletter just fine just a few nights ago lol) and to check my blocked email settings, which Kipper already had me check and there's nothing there, you've given me some more information here to give them, thank you!

I want my newsletter back!!! lol :sob:

squirt

Administrator
here's how it went!

James: Charlene, I've checked our servers, and our mail systems appear to be fully functional. Occasionally, temporary network issues may cause a message to be deferred or fail in rare cases.

James: What I would recommend at this point is to have the mail systems administrator or the postmaster for your email (Internet service provider like Verizon, Comcast, etc. or the domain like Google, Hotmail, etc.) contact us directly.

Charlene: Jokeroo admin says:

James: Unfortunately, I am unable to do this task for you; it must be sent from the customer.

Charlene: As of this weekend we have received reports that our Yahoo users were no longer receiving the daily Jokeroo Newsletter. Unfortunately it seems that Yahoo is currently blocking our newsletter and clearly they are making a mistake. We tried contacting them last week so they can white list Jokeroo so your newsletter would go straight into the inbox. Instead it seems like they have blocked us. They are saying its because our volume is really high, but thats hardly a good excuse. Our volume is high because our site is big. At this point we will try our best to resolve this issue, but since its so difficult to actually contact someone at Yahoo, it might be really tough.

James: I understand your situation and as said earlier our servers, and our mail systems appear to be fully functional, so I would recommend to have the mail systems administrator or the postmaster for your email contact us.

Charlene: my ISP is Time warner, you're telling me I have to contact them and have them contact you to get the Jokeroo Newsletter added to your white list?

James: Yes, you will need to email the postmaster of your ISP or domain with detailed accounts of what has happened.

James: The address is usually:

James: postmaster@domain (examples of domains: MSN, AOL, Google) .com

Charlene: but Jokeroo admin says YOU are blocking it?

Charlene: why does it have to be so hard?

Charlene: I got the newsletter fine for 7 years!

James: Charlene, so I said its not at our end.

Charlene: so you're telling met that Jokeroo is not being blocked by Yahoo?

James: Contact them and describe the issue and we can then work together to resolve this.

Charlene: contact Time Warner?

James: Yes.

Charlene: thank you for your help, I just want my newsletter back! lol

James: You are welcome and I assure, your issue will be resolved. .

Charlene: I want to ask you for a clear answer here, yes or no: Jokeroo is not being blocked by Yahoo?

James: Yahoo! is not blocking Jokeroo but it might be the server that is causing the issue and so I asked you to inform them to contact us.

squirt

Administrator
everybody's passing the buck! Time Warner says it's not them! lol :hairpull:

essex boy

Super Moderator
Thanks for the info.
As there's a problem with Yahoo if I come across any unregistered members with Yahoo email addy's that I have checked and am 100% sure is safe I'll send them an email myself.
If they reply verifying that the email addy is real and they do wish to be part of our family I'll manually verify their account for them.

squirt

Administrator
I'm getting all my notifications just fine essex, all approvals, comment notifications, all of it, just not the newsletter!
the *Jokeroo* email addy is different for the newsletter!

It's not Time Warner, it's Yahoo!. We have proof, they have admitted it, and it's Yahoo!'s Postmaster that's blocking us entirely. I can't believe how much Yahoo! is pushing to make users believe it's not their fault.

jokaroo

Administrator
Staff member
Just for clarification, not ALL of Jokeroo is being blocked, just our newsletter is. Here are the following domains being blocked:

news.jokeroo.com
news2.jokeroo.com
news3.jokeroo.com
news4.jokeroo.com
news5.jokerooo.com

Which is essentially our whole newsletter system. This has NOTHING to do with Time Warner, I can assure that. It's strictly Yahoo's MX servers blocking our IP's which send our newsletters.

jokaroo

Administrator
Staff member
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 3576161]I've reopened live chat! lol :sigh:[/QUOTE]

The more users that voice their complaints, the better chance Yahoo will listen. At the end of the day, Yahoo is not interested in pissing off their users. Thanks Squirt!

squirt

Administrator
it's a good thing too, you should see this form the Yahoo postmaster sent me, makes my tax return look simple! lol