❗❗ .gifs not displaying ❗❗

Bamber

Super Moderator
I've been experimenting with posting of .gif animations as so many will not display in Jokeroo.

It seems that the maximum size is less that 5MB: any .gif larger than that will show a red X in the post, even though the full .gif will be visible when editing and creating a post.

I suggest checking the size of .gifs before posting them and resizing if necessary.

I use this .gif resizer if I have a problem:
Resize animated GIF | GIFGIFs

Bamber

Super Moderator
I'm finding that refreshing the page will often show them (more often than not it seems)
Two different problems. There's definitely a size limitation, but there is also a problem when initially displaying some .gifs which, as you say, just needs a screen refresh.
I created this thread just to let people know there is a size limitation and how to get round it.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
Thanks Bamber I just bookmarked it. Usually now when I see the red x am deleting them myself not to clog up the thread with a bunch of them. Ha!

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I've been experimenting with posting of .gif animations as so many will not display in Jokeroo.

It seems that the maximum size is less that 5MB: any .gif larger than that will show a red X in the post, even though the full .gif will be visible when editing and creating a post.

I suggest checking the size of .gifs before posting them and resizing if necessary.

I use this .gif resizer if I have a problem:
Resize animated GIF | GIFGIFs
This is everything Thank you I had a cool gif and now I can post it check cozy by the fire thread ♥