saphron

I thought war would be a good topic since it seems like thats all thats going on rite now...

indy babe

I will agree with that .. its just a shame that our men and woman are over there for no reason. I belive Iraq can get along with out us now .. Its t ime to send our troops home where they belong !!!!!!!

lovely_angel

There is a very good reason for the war. It's not only for the people in Iraq. it's for the whole world. We don't want another 911. I think it is great that we made the people in Iraqs life a lot better too. My heart goes out to them.

indy babe

I dont want another 9-11 either .. my daughter refuses to celabrate her b day now . But i dont think we need to be in Iraq any more . I think our mission there is done . The only way to stop another 9-11 from happing is to send our troops back home so they can protect us . My husbend is in the military and let me tell you ever since the war started he has sacraficed alot... there is no need for us to be there any more . and yes my husbend knew what he was in for when he signed his name on that line but look at all the families that are going to be with out their loved ones on the holidays .. there is no need to keeps us over there . we have lost more men and woman since the war ended then when it was going on

IZaNaMI

A Premium Jokaroo'er
[color=B604D0]There are so many arguements for and against this war that I don't think it is quite as simple as saying "I am pro or anti war" . I agree with some aspects of it, but not with others.

Also, I don't think that the war itself is really to be questioned any longer. The Iraqi people just don't seem to want any further help and (as indy said) more people have died since the end of the war, than did throughout it. I think it is time to send the troops back home to their loved ones, before any more lives are lost.

(I would just like to stress that I am NOT anti American, before anyone accuses me of that, These are simply my opinions. )
[/color]

indy babe

sorry if it seemed that i was pissy in my last reply . Its just iam sick of hearing about all the men and woman who have died because of the war. I personally havent lost any body but i can only imagine what other people are going through. Everytime i turn on the tv thats all you hear is that another american has died because of the war . Its very depressing . so again i apoligize for being so pissy

saphron

i dont see why countries have to have war just to see whos better. i think they just need to find common ground and if they cant they should leave eachother alone.its really hard tryng to explain to my kids why people are getting hurt and dieng.when i do try to explain it to them it seems lke the reasons im giveing them about why people are getting hurt and dieing could be resolvd in a fashion oter than war.

saphron

I would also like to thank everyone who has expressd their opinions on ths subject as I feel everyones opinions should be respected and heard.

vixen_dear

:whatsthat going to war was not the greatest idea, and ever since we have gone to war people in europe and other countries dont like us at all...Going to war has ruined a lot of lives and sometimes I wish we would have left Iraq alone...But b/c George Bush wants something out of it..(and others) it has to be this way...And the media goes on and on about it...I wonder how those soldiers are treating the iraq people hummm? :baaa: let me also add that I have nothing against what anyone says!

IZaNaMI

A Premium Jokaroo'er
[color=B604D0]I would like to stress that, as a European (sod that, I'm British) I have NOTHING against America or her values and beliefs. I have come across very few people who have any problem with America, our main gripe is the weakness of our own government in this matter.

Britain is also a part of this war, many of our own soldiers are still over there.
[/color]

Goofy

Those weren't good choices in the pool exactly to me. I didn't vote for any of them. I'm not pro-war but I think this "conflict" was a just one. Saddam needed to be out of power and the ONLY way he could be was to topple his regime. He would not go "voluntarily into that dark night" so to speak. He had to be forcibly removed. And as I see it we really can't leave without putting a government in his place or anarchy will reign. The UN should step up to the plate and take over now but they're too chickenshit to. They've really been worthless in the past many years.
As for those who think we should leave. Should we withdrawl all our forces from around the world so that they can "be with their loved ones to?" Get all the troops out from Germany, Korea and other places is what I believe you're suggesting. I spent nearly 3 years serving in Korea (army) but it was my job and duty to be away from my family. If I didn't accept that I should never have joined. How fair is it for them to come home and not someone over in Korea? Or Germany? Don't they miss their families just as much? As for these reservists who said they wouldn't go to fight because they didn't believe in it I feel they should all have been sent to prison and forfieted their benefits (such as college money etc) that the military gave them. They knew that war was a possibility when they signed up as did I. Yet they signed up anyway in good times then when time came for them to put up their end of the bargain with Uncle Sam they said no. Bullcrappie on that!

Just my thoughts

IZaNaMI

A Premium Jokaroo'er
[color=e27eff]But is it right to condemn more soldiers to death, trying to protect and rebuild a country that loves you one minute and detests you the next?

Being killed in battle is one thing, but it is even worse when the people you are trying to help are killing soldiers. These people obviously believe that it is now time for them to take over the running of their country, so I think it is time to let them try. For the safety of all our troops.
[/color]

seddonfella

I'm an Australian, and as an Australian have never really witnessed the atrocities of terrorism. The bombing of a nightclub in Bali where Australians were killed is the closest I've ever been to terrorism. If this war that Australia is a willing partner removes the threat that I, my family and fellow Australians from witnessing terrorism, then I wholeheartedly endorse and agree with the USA and Australian governments.

Once again..... very well put, Goofy. My sentiments exactly. And Seddon - I always had a feeling that Aussies were a pretty intelligent group of people - you are the proof.

Goofy

Why thanky Creamyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy see that Laraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hehehe someone thinks I put things quite well.....hehehe If they had a government in place then I'd say by all means let em have at it....but from what I have read and seen they have one mass of people wanting to be leaders here and another mass of people wanting to be leaders over there and still another mass of people who think they should be leaders up there and over in the far left corner yet another mass of Leaders. I don't believe we can leave the country like that until the leadership issue is settled (granted they should stop wasting time and get down to settling it)
Speaking of Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussies where's that darn Mimimimimimimimimi ? ? ? ? I sure do miss her telling me that I'm full of shit hehehehe
I'm not exactly agreeing with the thought that we're condeming soldiers to death there. death happens in wartime and peace.....One girl who came back to spend leave in the states survived the war but guess what she got killed back home in a car accident. Seems she would have been safer staying over there to me. A few years before I got stationed in Korea (even before I was close enought to thinking of enlisting) 2 officers were killed by the North Koreans when they were chopping a tree that was obstructing their view in the DeMilitarized Zone between the North and South. Were they condemned to death before being sent over there? I don't believe so. The point is like I said death happens whether it's wartime or peacetime. You could say every soldier is condemned to death because their primary job is to fight in a war whether there is a war ongoing or not it could break out at any moment and just by it breaking out near them they are condemned to death. I respect your views Izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :inlove: but I don't always agree wiff ya hehehe