Adhd

mariah62177

meds or no meds?

IZaNaMI

A Premium Jokaroo'er
[color=e27eff]I know a woman whos eldest child has ADHD. He is VERY dangerous when he is not on medication, but is a wonderful child when he has taken his tablets.

Personally, I wouldn't like to say yes or not because I have never had to live with it, but I can see why my friend decided to give her son the meds.
[/color]

Lulu

It definitely depends on the child. Some kids can be helped with other strategies and some are violent and do harm to themselves and others when they are not medicated. It is an imbalance in the brain and meds can correct that.

fruit_loops

All the kids that I have known with ADHD-which isn't many- have hurt themselves and others quite constantly, I think that, if it is extreme enough, that yes, they should take medication.

essex boy

Super Moderator

My son was one of the children that became a victim of the ADHD craze when every mother that had a slightly naughty child blamed ADHD.
His School and me got him off the medication as he really didn't need it,the docters ect..need to be stricter before dishing out medication

eaglelover

Alot of doctors nowadays will tell you that your kid is adhd but if the truth be know we all have some type of attention disorder... in the eyes of the doctors at least.. I have a son diagnosed adhd 3 years ago I have never medicated him . I do not see the need.. redirection has worked this long i just pray it continues.. but it does depend on the child for everyone of them is different.

naughtyjoe

there are a lot of cases of it that are ligit and if the child is a danger to himself then medication yes.

but then there are a lot of misdiagnoses as in the case of essexs son
there has to be tougher guidelines on diagnosing it.
and always go for a second opinion with out letting the second doctor know one doctor already diagnosed it .
see if the second doc diagnoses it on his own

Patrish

A Premium Jokaroo'er
I agree Izzers, havent been in the situation.

I do feel that maybe it shouldnt be the 1st choice tho.

Kids drugged on this from yrs ago, said their childhood was in a cloud....and they felt odd.

That should say something. :(