Around Totnes

squirt

Administrator
how cool is that?! 1clap2.gif

xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
I missed this yesterday; didn't even know it was going to happen. The first time in over 50 years working horses have been see in Totnes town centre.

They're planning to do it again on Sunday 19th July: I've got my diary marked!
Damn! They've postponed this Sunday's visit. No idea when it'll be at the moment.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Looking north across the garden to the rear of the merchants house the entry through which the garden is reached is just visible beneath the wood framed part of the building.

Totnes museum garden
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

If you click the photo three times you will get maximum zoom on the shot and can see part of a shop front on the opposite side of Fore Street through the entry.

AuroraAngel

Looking north across the garden to the rear of the merchants house the entry through which the garden is reached is just visible beneath the wood framed part of the building.

Totnes museum garden

If you click the photo three times you will get maximum zoom on the shot and can see part of a shop front on the opposite side of Fore Street through the entry.

I absolutely love how the buildings are all close together yet are so beautifully tended. It's like walking through a fairy garden to get to where you wish to go. Fabulous photos, Phil!!

Bamber

Super Moderator
I needed to visit the butcher this morning, so took the chance for another look in the courtyard of the museum.

Alms House relics

The artwork is modern, but the items are not.
A stone window frame and stone and metal plaques which were part of the John Norris Alms House of 1600, originally built on Totnes Quay, demolished and moved to The Grove in 1830. Later demolished again to make way for a road between The Grove and St Katherine's Way.