Back surgery scheduled!

TwiztedAngel

Forget male neurosurgeons. They refused to do anything. A couple of them even told me it's all in my head. On October 17, I go in to have pieces cut from 2 vertebrae, and a disc cut to take pressure off the nerves.

During my bedrest, I hope to drive y'all nuts, while on morphine. After that, maybe my life will improve. It sucks ... not being able to stand, walk, or have sex.

AuroraAngel

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery! I hope it goes well and you have a speedy recovery. You will be in my thoughts, lady.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Good to see you're getting something done. I pray it all goes well for you.

I'm sure morphine fueled posts from you won't alter the general content of this place much: we do have Koni holding the silly bar pretty high and Likeaneagle looking after the weird quotient.

squirt

Administrator
praying all goes as well as possible! :pray:

:blowhearts:

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
It's time to have something done - I hope it all goes well TA and you'll be out of pain and able to do every day things

It might take a year to recover but well worth the outcome - Please keep us posted and sending well wishes your way :hearts:

KingHomie

Sex for Brains

All the best for you TA and know we are all pulling for you to have a quick recovery and get back to all of the things you enjoy - - - including,,,, S - E - X ,, :heehee:

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
shoot just having a good orgasm will take a lot of pressure off your back lol
Praying all go's well & you are able to enjoy your life once again....

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
It pains me everytime I hear someone I know that has to go under the knife for I've had my fare share of surgeries.
You will always be in my heart and prayers TA.
I never did like morphine oh sure it takes the pain away but keeps you awake and I'd rather be sleeping then that cesses pain also.

I've only had spinal surgery once had crushed the 5th. & 6th. vertebrate at 17 years old from a car mishap from barrowing my fathers V.W. bug and drove to Fond du Lac, Wi. Then had to wear a freaking steel clumsy brace for 18 months.

Sorry about the no sexy part but I heard cuddling is quite nice too.

TwiztedAngel

This will not include fusion. The L5 and S1 have bone spurs that close up the foramen, and pinch nerves. Bulged discs are also contributing to the problems. I know that, if I do not go under the knife, I will be be paralyzed within a year. I have nothing to lose.

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
I'll be thinking of you and saying prayers for you...but it sounds as though even if you aren't completely cured, it can only get better. Hang in there, and keep us posted!

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
Time is getting close now...are you excited? At the very least, you should probably be enjoying some good drugs for a while. Still thinking about you and saying prayers for a decent recovery. :zebrahug:

TwiztedAngel

Knowing they'll want me in at an obscene time of the morning, and the fact that it is over an hour's drive to get it done.... I'll be spending the night prior to surgery at my brother's house. At least that will reduce the drive to 15 minutes. I cannot say I am excited. With my luck, excitement would mean the surgery gets postponed indefinitely. I'm just praying it gets done, done right, and that I can actually walk right, after recovery.

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="TwiztedAngel, post: 4939686]Knowing they'll want me in at an obscene time of the morning, and the fact that it is over an hour's drive to get it done.... I'll be spending the night prior to surgery at my brother's house. At least that will reduce the drive to 15 minutes. I cannot say I am excited. With my luck, excitement would mean the surgery gets postponed indefinitely. I'm just praying it gets done, done right, and that I can actually walk right, after recovery.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you will be out of the jaws of pain Girlfriend...

:angel:

Last edited:

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
[QUOTE="TwiztedAngel, post: 4939686]Knowing they'll want me in at an obscene time of the morning, and the fact that it is over an hour's drive to get it done.... I'll be spending the night prior to surgery at my brother's house. At least that will reduce the drive to 15 minutes. I cannot say I am excited. With my luck, excitement would mean the surgery gets postponed indefinitely. I'm just praying it gets done, done right, and that I can actually walk right, after recovery.[/QUOTE]

I pray for you Sweetness. I know It'll be good. Last time I walked into a hospital for surgery I came out in a wheelchair and having to use one ever sense.

TwiztedAngel

Most mornings, I cannot even get out of bed on my own, due to paralysis. This morning, my hubby's knee was in my back. He received an elbow to the ribs. I am very much looking forward to getting something done. If he can't learn to sleep with me correctly, he can build a shed. Then I can tell him "You've made your shed. Now lie in it".