Bamber anecdote

Bamber

Super Moderator
Another bishop. This one died 1280. The effigy retains its medieval paint.

Bishop Walter Bronescombe
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

AuroraAngel

Absolutely fascinating pictures, Phil. Did you get to see the Exeter Rondels? I read about them (as you know) and it's an incredible feat of embroidery work! I'm so happy you had a great visit to this incredible Cathedral. :D

Bamber

Super Moderator
Absolutely fascinating pictures, Phil. Did you get to see the Exeter Rondels? I read about them (as you know) and it's an incredible feat of embroidery work! I'm so happy you had a great visit to this incredible Cathedral. :D
I'll try to take some pictures of them on my next visit. They're on the north side of the nave and there was repair work going on there so not good for photographing. I also couldn't photograph the bishop's chair in the quire as the choir were practising and photography is forbidden just there when they are.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Found out a few days ago that our only customer wants to extend our software support contract to the end of the year. They expect to have replaced it with new software by July but would like to retain the option of going back to our software for a few months "just in case". The boss is talking about extending my contract to the end of June next year to clear the company bank account before winding up the business.

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
I intended to go to Exeter Cathedral again last Saturday but the day got away from me. Was going to try again this Saturday, but I've got something else I must do, so it's being put off again until (probably) late February or March. The best laid plans...

AuroraAngel

Found out a few days ago that our only customer wants to extend our software support contract to the end of the year. They expect to have replaced it with new software by July but would like to retain the option of going back to our software for a few months "just in case". The boss is talking about extending my contract to the end of June next year to clear the company bank account before winding up the business.
This is awesome news!

I intended to go to Exeter Cathedral again last Saturday but the day got away from me. Was going to try again this Saturday, but I've got something else I must do, so it's being put off again until (probably) late February or March. The best laid plans...
Understandable and I hope you get to visit again and share your adventure with us soon! :D

squirt

Administrator
is that good news or bad news? hmm.gif

xoxox

Bamber

Super Moderator
The something else I must do got delayed. It is in Barnstaple and I was going there by train, but 2 cancellations and a breakdown en-route put paid to that! I'll try again next week.