Bamber, you're sick!

Bamber

Super Moderator
I'm doing well; going for my winter flu jab on Saturday morning.

Not so good for my dear old da: he had MRI and CAT scans a couple of weeks ago and they show he now has liver cancer. He was given the option of surgery but refused (he'll be 88 in 5 days time). They're deciding whether to use radiotherapy or chemotherapy now. He feels alright in himself at the moment, but prayers wouldn't go amiss.

LilMissPurrfect

I'm doing well; going for my winter flu jab on Saturday morning.

Not so good for my dear old da: he had MRI and CAT scans a couple of weeks ago and they show he now has liver cancer. He was given the option of surgery but refused (he'll be 88 in 5 days time). They're deciding whether to use radiotherapy or chemotherapy now. He feels alright in himself at the moment, but prayers wouldn't go amiss.
I am so sorry to hear about your father.
You know me, always lost for words in situations like this but then again what are the right words?
Just know that I am thinking about him and you and wish for the best to the both of you.

And that he has a nice birthday to come.

Bamber

Super Moderator
I am so sorry to hear about your father.
You know me, always lost for words in situations like this but then again what are the right words?
Just know that I am thinking about him and you and wish for the best to the both of you.

And that he has a nice birthday to come.
I never know what to say either.

I believe da's at peace within himself. He doesn't want to go, but he's ready to go. In the past 12-18 months he's been tidying up loose ends and trying to prepare us, his three kids, for what is to come. He's quite prepared for whatever treatment they offer, then palliative care towards the end. I just pray I am as ready when my time comes.

I really hope lockdown restrictions are eased enough for me to spend Christmas with him; it could well be the last chance I get.

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I’m so sorry to hear too Bamber ~ I’ll be keeping your dad in my thoughts and in prayers
hoping the treatment gives him more time ~ quality time, I hope you’ll be okay too ~ I don’t think you can ever prepare yourself you can only cherish each day you can with him and with quarantines I truly hope you get to spend the holidays together Sending much Love ♥