Best Television Show in the Last Five Years?

lmiller95

Could be ongoing or have recently ended. It was tough choice for me, but I have to go Mad Men. I loved the writing, the character development, and the set design (and the clothes, god I wish that style would come back full force without being resigned to dress-up). It had such a great narrative arc it was like watching a novel unfold. What say you?

squirt

Administrator
Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods, Survivor are my top 3, but I've recently discovered Person of Interest and it's holding my interest! lol ♥

TwiztedAngel

I tend to watch things with a bit more of an educational persuasion, such as Forged in Fire, or Face Off. Sometimes, it gets my creative juices flowing ... and since I'm stuck with Windows 10, my creative juices are useless on the laptop.

Tsalagi

I loved Pie in the Sky, Longmire, Jeeves and Wooster, Foyle's War, Rumpole of the Bailey, A Place of Her Own , Mulberry.

I know, many of them aired years ago, but tith the advent of Netflix and Acorn TV, I have watched them all within the past 5 years

And the actors and actresses have been the cream of the London stage or Royal Shakespere Company, etc. Far better than the stand-up comedians and the beauty "princesses" (Sofia Vergargle), and the endless "reality" shows that are total dreck.

T

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Longmire Flashpoint and Person of Interest as fictional and Deadliest Catch and Survivor as reality

lmiller95

Not a fan of Windows 10. I started going more Windows-based just because I used it so much at work. But this latest one I feel is even worse than Windows 8. I kind of liked the tile look.

lmiller95

One of my nest friends still watches Survivor. I think I watched a couple of seasons, but she is a die-hard fan. She is the only person I know that still watches it, actuially.

squirt

Administrator
I can add to that list with members here!
me, Manzy, RK, our king!
and we can add my hubby! lol

lmiller95

[QUOTE="sybarite, post: 4852140]Definitely, Game of Thrones![/QUOTE]

Boyfriend loves that show. But all the plot lines just become to much for me. And what ever happened to the boy who could jump into animals? I haven't seen him in like 2 seasons.

sybarite

[QUOTE="lmiller95, post: 4852306]Boyfriend loves that show. But all the plot lines just become to much for me. And what ever happened to the boy who could jump into animals? I haven't seen him in like 2 seasons.[/QUOTE]

Season 6 premieres in April. I guess we'll find out!

Tsalagi

Longmire is filming season 5 now in New Mexico. It is rumored to be released in September.

T

Last edited:

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Tsalagi, post: 4854811]Longmire is filming season 5 now in New Mexico. It is rumored to be released in September.

T
[/QUOTE]
took them long enough...i was beginning to think it got cancelled by the networks

Tsalagi

It was cancelled but the fans raised so much fuss with Netflix that they finally agreed to film another season, which they now claim will be the last.

T

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Tsalagi, post: 4856220]It was cancelled but the fans raised so much fuss with Netflix that they finally agreed to film another season, which they now claim will be the last.

T
[/QUOTE]
thanks for this info...i appreciate it

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Survivor.... Sons of Anarchy but it was cancelled.... House of Cards and Orange is the New Black both on Netflix

Game of Thrones, liking the new show Vinyl on HBO about 70's music

American Idol ends tonight... American Crime Story about the OJ Case was really good, all the actors matched the real life players and I learned a lot I didn't know
every season will be something differnt

Modern Family for my comedy fix

Tokentoo

I've found a show that is new, and has held my interest
It's called Damien, and it's from the Omen movies from the 70's!