Bridge in Canada

Boys Night Out

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Congrats on P O D

Iceman

[QUOTE="BountyHunter, post: 2678489]Congratulations on POD!!![/quote]
Thanks BH, I appreciate that..

Iceman

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 2678521]Congratulations on POD Iceman!

That last overpass is one of several on the Banff/Jasper highway, near Lake Louise.[/quote]
Many thanks and thanks for the information...

Iceman

[QUOTE="Boys Night Out, post: 2678662]
Congrats on P O D
[/quote]

Thank you very much BNO

Iceman

[/URL]

Anyone notice that the Elk are only going in one decrection, how do they know it's ok to cross the other way and not bump horns? Hummm!
I am no authority on them but I would guess it is because they stay and travel in herds and therefore they would all be going to the same place..

Iceman

[QUOTE="Studman 2, post: 2680754]I have some deer roast in the fridge now. wish I had more.[/quote]
There are some people that like it and some don't. Personally I had rather have a good beef ribeye steak..

Iceman

[QUOTE="Lotty, post: 2684664]
[/quote]
thank you very much sweetheart, I appreciate it..:inlove::inlove:

truckoflites

Congrats
That was a nice picture. I sure wouldn't want a elk in my windsheild, so it does make sense.

Iceman

[QUOTE="truckoflites, post: 2686153]Congrats
That was a nice picture. I sure wouldn't want a elk in my windsheild, so it does make sense.[/quote]
Thank you very much. I really doubt that they would make a very good lap pet..lol :D

Inky1231

Elk are really cool animals. Back in 94 my parents and I traveled to Yellowstone. We had several up close and personal encounters. The first was at 5 am the first day we entered the park. there were two elk on the side of the road so we stopped to get pictures. I got out and started taking pictures form about 20 feet away and one elk took off. The other with a HUGE rack of antlers started walking toward me. I started freaking out when he got about 6 feet away because they tell you not to get too close.

My mother had an even closer encounter. She had been sitting on a bench because the trail we took was too difficult for her to navigate (she was blind). When we were at the top of the trail a small herd of female elk came up the trail and we looked down to the base of the trail and an elk was walking up to my mother and came around the front of the bench. My mom actually reached out and sat there petting the elk for a good five minutes. We stood watching the whole time. My mom was super excited.

Iceman

[QUOTE="Inky1231, post: 2755737]Elk are really cool animals. Back in 94 my parents and I traveled to Yellowstone. We had several up close and personal encounters. The first was at 5 am the first day we entered the park. there were two elk on the side of the road so we stopped to get pictures. I got out and started taking pictures form about 20 feet away and one elk took off. The other with a HUGE rack of antlers started walking toward me. I started freaking out when he got about 6 feet away because they tell you not to get too close.

My mother had an even closer encounter. She had been sitting on a bench because the trail we took was too difficult for her to navigate (she was blind). When we were at the top of the trail a small herd of female elk came up the trail and we looked down to the base of the trail and an elk was walking up to my mother and came around the front of the bench. My mom actually reached out and sat there petting the elk for a good five minutes. We stood watching the whole time. My mom was super excited.[/quote]
Thanks for the story, it was interesting. They can be very dangerous and she is lucky they were in a good mood that day..lol

Inky1231

[QUOTE="Iceman, post: 2755753]Thanks for the story, it was interesting. They can be very dangerous and she is lucky they were in a good mood that day..lol [/quote]

No kidding! we were afraid that the one she was petting or some of the rest of the herd would freak out, but they all were completely calm. Of course my mom had some weird connection with wild animals I have many stories with her and wild critters that defy explanation.