Car has a shimmy!

longwalker

Jokeroo Enthusiast
<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 1.5pt; PADDING-LEFT: 1.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1.5pt; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 1.5pt" width="100%"><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top>
<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top>

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top>Driveline Vibration Issue - Possible NTF Root Cause

This guy ran over a mattress and decided to keep going. The ensuing jumble finally whipped around enough to put a tear in the gas tank, the subsequent lack of fuel is what finally brought this vehicle to its knees.

It had still managed to drive 30 more miles decently with a 60lb tangle wrapped around the driveshaft.

This genius complained that the vehicle had a "shimmy" when driving it high speeds.

This is what the dealership found..............

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

squirt

Administrator
bet he tried to blame it on the manufacturer too, didn't he? lol

longwalker

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2598970]bet he tried to blame it on the manufacturer too, didn't he? lol[/quote]

Who can I sue, who can I sue?!!! lol

longwalker

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2616658]lmao ... hey, maybe the mattress manufacturer! lol :bigsmile:[/quote]

Right! They should be designed not to tangle around drive shafts! lol

longwalker

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2618047]or fall off trucks! lol :sneaky2:[/quote]

Probably some joker driving with it strapped to his roof and never noticed it gone until he got home! lol

longwalker

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2693677]lost a mirror that way lol got to where we were going and no mirror lol :crazy:[/quote]

Did you figure out why you had no mirror?!:eh:

longwalker

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2723905]we figured out what that strange noise was that we heard as we went up the mountain lol :crazy:[/quote]

Something hit the car?!

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="longwalker, post: 2725851]Something hit the car?![/QUOTE]

no, we were pulling a trailer and had the mirror between two mattresses on the trailer, the noise we heard was that mirror hitting the road behind us lol it had to have slid right out lol :crazy:

longwalker

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2725864]no, we were pulling a trailer and had the mirror between two mattresses on the trailer, the noise we heard was that mirror hitting the road behind us lol it had to have slid right out lol :crazy:[/quote]

Oh! You had me picturing a side mirror on your vehicle! lol

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="longwalker, post: 2726065]Oh! You had me picturing a side mirror on your vehicle! lol[/QUOTE]

no, this was a big wood framed mirror, it was a good thing there was nobody behind us lol :eek:

longwalker

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2726168]no, this was a big wood framed mirror, it was a good thing there was nobody behind us lol :eek:[/quote]

You ain't kiddin'! I hit a mirror with my van against another van mirror. I went back and asked the guy how much did he think it would cost him? He thought about $15 so I handed it over right there, that's all I had too!

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="longwalker, post: 2726180]You ain't kiddin'! I hit a mirror with my van against another van mirror. I went back and asked the guy how much did he think it would cost him? He thought about $15 so I handed it over right there, that's all I had too![/QUOTE]

how long ago was that? these days, it seems folks are out to get all they can, not just what they're entitled to lol I barely bumped a girl with the van recently, didn't even leave a mark and she wanted my insurance info lol

longwalker

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2726240]how long ago was that? these days, it seems folks are out to get all they can, not just what they're entitled to lol I barely bumped a girl with the van recently, didn't even leave a mark and she wanted my insurance info lol[/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean. This happened in the late 70's.

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="longwalker, post: 2726878]Yeah I know what you mean. This happened in the late 70's.[/QUOTE]

I gave it to her but I also had my son take pics of her car with his cell phone lol I never heard from her again lol :thumbs-up

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2723905]we figured out what that strange noise was that we heard as we went up the mountain lol :crazy:[/quote]

True story: back in the early '80s I was working for a vehicle delivery company. They had their own vehicle workshops, so all the company cars were serviced on site. Our Managing Director was in the habit of playing golf two afternoons a week. He had a top-of-the-range Rover and kept going into the workshop complaining of an odd rattling noise from the back, but they just couldn't find it. After about 4 weeks of this he was driving to golf one day and... No Rattle! Great, they'd fixed it!

When he got to the golf club he found out how - they'd removed his clubs.

squirt

Administrator
and I bet he wasn't in the least bit grateful! lol :sneaky2: :hehe: