Chef could use some prayers and cheering up...

wife

Today my brother had an accident at work. They think he may have had a seizure. He's home now but he has a pretty serious concussion and a head wound. He hit the ground so hard they had to use several staples to close up his head. He's very upset over the whole thing and he's worried about losing his job. He'll probably be home for a week or so. As soon as he's up and around I'm hoping the Roo will help keep his spirits up and his mind occupied and some extra prayers would sure help too... Thanks everybody!

wife

At the Darkest Moment
======================

One thing that comes out in myths
is that at the bottom of the abyss
comes the voice of salvation.

The darkest moment
is the moment when the real message of transformation
is going to come.

At the darkest moment comes the light.

~Joseph Campbell~

I have not been here long enough to have the pleasure of meeting Chef, but you can be assured I will pray for him and that he will have his job when he returns. You said he is your brother? then I know how hard this must be fore you also.

My prayers go out to you all

Donald

wife

Thank you Undercover_Lover. Chef's been a member for about a year now but he was mostly a lurker. It wasn't until recently that the addiction kicked in, lol.

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
wife said:

Today my brother had an accident at work. They think he may have had a seizure. He's home now but he has a pretty serious concussion and a head wound. He hit the ground so hard they had to use several staples to close up his head. He's very upset over the whole thing and he's worried about losing his job. He'll probably be home for a week or so. As soon as he's up and around I'm hoping the Roo will help keep his spirits up and his mind occupied and some extra prayers would sure help too... Thanks everybody!

OMG, my dear dear friend, it is times as this that makes me come out of hidding and let you know I am so sorry for this unfortunate situation. You and Chef are very dear to my heart and i can not sit back and ignor my friends when in need. You tell Chef that I am here for him and you too. I will pray that he heals quickly and that his job will be waiting for him when he is ready to retyurn to work. Love you two very much and please, please tell Chef to take it easy and keep his chin up high.

IZaNaMI

A Premium Jokaroo'er
I am so sorry to hear that.

Hope you get better very soon Chef!

I am thinking of you.

n00dles

Sorry to hear about that Wife. He'll be in my prayers. I'll be thinking about some recipe request once we get settled after our move. Right now it's junk food for a few weeks. Hugs.

wife

He had a pretty fair night last night considering we had to wake him up every two hours. I woke him up the last time at 6 a.m. and took him his meds. He said he has a headache but the vertigo seemed to be gone. I'm thinking he's going to have a headache for quite a while but I'm hoping he'll feel well enough to check in here later.

Thanks for all the replies.

Mimi

Sorry to hear that Wife... :( ...hope he has a quick recovery... Take care both of you! :inlove:

PS. Tell him his ginger nuts are delicious! :laugh: :devil: :hehe:

purpleroscoedog

How scary!! For both of you.
My husband used to have seizures every now and then. He hasn't had one in years. The only explanation they ever gave him was that his potassium level was almost zero. He hasn't had one in years. But I know how scary it is. Hope everything turns out well for you, Chef. Hang in there.

talk2me452002

wife said:

He had a pretty fair night last night considering we had to wake him up every two hours. I woke him up the last time at 6 a.m. and took him his meds. He said he has a headache but the vertigo seemed to be gone. I'm thinking he's going to have a headache for quite a while but I'm hoping he'll feel well enough to check in here later.

Thanks for all the replies.

awwww,sorry to hear about this..hun did the virtigo cause him to fall..are was it a seizure?....i have bouts of vertigo..and mom has it bad at times..but we live with it..its really an inner ear problem..i have some info on it..and i will pass it along if you like..but ...what i have found,(threw accedent)..is any allergie pill will work for virtigo..i have graves and it has done my sinus's in..so alleriges are all over me..so i take zertec,and flonase..and it ck's the allergies and virtigo.....they prescribe ..meclacine for virtigo..are anti-vert..but those get expensive..but the ingredients are the same just about in zertec..contains meclasine as well..so hope this helps some..i will get info to ya..hope he feels better soon,i do go threw his thread some to get some new stuff to cook..so he will be missed....and too you can tell him he is gonna alter our eatting habits unless he gets back on here so i can get some new recp. to fix..lmaooo..hugs and much love to both of ya....

sweetpea0257

Praying very hard for you & Chef as you go through this time!!! If you need an ear or a shoulder, Andi, I am here for you!!! Hugs to you both!!!

SpiderWeb

Super Moderator
My thoughts and prayers are with Chef and you ....at this time .....

I am relieved that he is starting to feel somewhat better. I bet he will have a headache for a while after reading how bad he hit his head .... He is very lucky to have you to help him.
Sending you both lots (((HUGS))) ......

Zmama

A Premium Jokaroo'er
I'm so sorry to hear this I hope your feeling better hugs and kisses!!!!

wife

I just got home from Brandan's work. I went to pick up his equipment and his car. I got kinda mobbed because he's such a popular guy. Everybody wanted to know how he's doing and to tell me their version of what happened. I guess he was with a customer when it happened and the customer left his contact info for us to let him know everything's okay. :) Even vendors were stopping me in the parking lot when they saw me getting into his car. Yesterday, some of the store employees got together and called Northglenn police to have them contact the hospital to find out how he was doing. All the new privacy laws, you know?
I'm very grateful to them all. He had no memory of the customer he was helping when he had his seizure. He said the first thing he was aware of was the ambulance crew telling him he was going to be alright. I think it will help put his mind at ease to have an idea of the chain of events. (A little side note... one of the ambulance crew told him later just how badly behaved he was on the ambulance, lol.)