Choo choo!

Bamber

Super Moderator

The diesel on the back was assisting on some of the banks, as two extra carriages had been added to assist passenger distancing and the originally intended engine was a good deal more powerful.

Bamber

Super Moderator
early and often ... just lovely! lol View attachment 118495
why are they there?

View attachment 118496
Hundreds of S160s were built during WWII and shipped to Europe, many via the UK. After the war they were sent all over the world and several ended up back here. Some have been brought to the UK from Europe quite recently. There are more of them left world-wide than any other steam engine, not bad for something built to last no more than 10-15 years.

Bamber

Super Moderator
I've talked about the Blue Pullman before. The original, introduced in 1960 and withdrawn in 1973, was the first British attempt at the now common double ended express passenger train. A good concept, it suffered from poor ride quality as the bogies the carriages rode on were a new concept and needed development.

In 1974 the InterCity 125, or HST (high speed train) was introduced, a much better double ended train. Now one of these sets has been painted to match the original Blue Pullman livery. I must say that for a train over 45 years old it looks pretty modern (and very smart).

squirt

Administrator
I had to dig out my old ear phones, no speakers on the new 'puter lol

with a modern horn to boot! lol
she's slick!
1bravosmiley.gif
xsandos1.gif