Covid-19 member status

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
ooOK I've been on hold for the last freakin' hour being shifted over to one dept. to another and the 7 of them do not know if I can order Cigarettes or Beer online. Maybe I should put this in the WTF thread.

Bamber

Super Moderator
It's not about "civil liberties", it's about not infecting other people. It really is as simple as keeping businesses open or causing deaths. The more people infected, the worse things will be in hospitals. More medical people will be infected and die, exacerbating the problem. Everywhere in the world has the same problem to some degree when it comes to businesses, jobs and finances. It's up to the government of each country to do what they can to help those with financial difficulties at this time, but simple "business as usual" won't cut it.

When this is over, I fully expect "normal" to be a totally different "normal" to that we have become used to. I don't expect things to ever go back to the way they were at the start of the year.

squirt

Administrator
but they're taking it too far in my opinion
there should be no reason Manzy can't get in her car and drive up into the mountains where there are no people
you can fuel up and stay well away from anybody these days
or Kipper can't walk to the lake in his neighborhood and go fishing by himself
they're making people get out of their own front yards and go in the house, how is that protecting anybody?
they can't just lock us up and tell us to stay, it's killing people too
1kissheart.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Here’s our stay at home order thru May 4 (for now)

We can go on walks, get outside but driving somewhere besides getting essentials is frowned upon
we are going to drive to get burgers Saturday it’s a place near the lake but we can’t really stop anywhere every parking lot is closed and the essential is to get food

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
but they're taking it too far in my opinion
there should be no reason Manzy can't get in her car and drive up into the mountains where there are no people
you can fuel up and stay well away from anybody these days
or Kipper can't walk to the lake in his neighborhood and go fishing by himself
they're making people get out of their own front yards and go in the house, how is that protecting anybody?
they can't just lock us up and tell us to stay, it's killing people too
View attachment 94776
Are Governor came out today and said people are getting Covid 19 off of gas pumps I'm just waiting for her to say we can't go to get gas any longer ((we get it)) we are not children wash are hands or wear groves wear a mask stand 6 feet from someone My question is how many more Civil Liberties will they take away from us where will they stop with all this if people don't stand up for their Rights they will go as far as we let them!!! People are dying from other things and they are saying they died of Covid 19 what's that all about oh maybe to hike up the numbers to keep people in fear so they can keep controlling them or maybe to milk it for more money look I don't know. but if we don't get are country up and running their won't be no future for anyone we can't live in fear because this virus and and many other virus are out there and we have med's that DO WORK!!!

Last edited:

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
It's not about "civil liberties", it's about not infecting other people. It really is as simple as keeping businesses open or causing deaths. The more people infected, the worse things will be in hospitals. More medical people will be infected and die, exacerbating the problem. Everywhere in the world has the same problem to some degree when it comes to businesses, jobs and finances. It's up to the government of each country to do what they can to help those with financial difficulties at this time, but simple "business as usual" won't cut it.

When this is over, I fully expect "normal" to be a totally different "normal" to that we have become used to. I don't expect things to ever go back to the way they were at the start of the year
Are you willing to wait a year or 18 months for this to be over how long do you think businesses can go without business as usual I will tell you not much longer my Friend Just saying

Bamber

Super Moderator
Are you willing to wait a year or 18 months for this to be over how long do you think businesses can go without business as usual I will tell you not much longer my Friend Just saying
I am willing to wait as long as it takes. According to medical experts, until a vaccine is found this is probably just the first cycle: any lifting of restrictions will result in another increase of infection. The idea is to keep the number of infections at a level where the medical profession can cope.

I believe things have changed permanently, what is "usual" will be different once this is over.

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
I am willing to wait as long as it takes. According to medical experts, until a vaccine is found this is probably just the first cycle: any lifting of restrictions will result in another increase of infection. The idea is to keep the number of infections at a level where the medical profession can cope.

I believe things have changed permanently, what is "usual" will be different once this is over.
My dear Friend I am too it's easy for Ron and I to stay home we are retired and we stay home anyways,Believe me I understand what you are saying and I'm not trying to argue I hope you know I have great deal of respect for you. But I also know what the business people are saying also not everyone can stay home for much longer and are Country's can't when it comes to running it may be a long time until we ever get back to the way we all use to be I heard a old man say he was willing to sacrifice his life so his grand children would have a future he said if are country doesn't get back up and running their would be nothing to go back too it brought tears to my eyes.
I was thinking on my bed last night about the 1918 Spanish flu how these people didn't have what we have today so I looked it up today

The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic. Lasting from January 1918 to December 1920, it infected 500 million people
The death toll is estimated to have been anywhere from 17 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million,
The Spanish flu was the first of two pandemics caused by the H1N1 influenza virus

Now I fine that very interesting we didn't shut things down in 2009 when H1N1 came back and it hit us in Dec and we had a vaccine by May

Big Hugs And blessing to you and everyone here!!!

Bamber

Super Moderator
Actually the 2009 H1N1 is thought to have started around September 2008. A vaccine was not delivered until November 2009. That is pretty fast; usually it takes at least 18 months. But that was just a mutation of a known virus (H1N1). This is a totally new virus, so without a lot of luck a covid-19 vaccine will take longer than that.

Blessings to you and Ron too. And all our friends here.

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
Actually the 2009 H1N1 is thought to have started around September 2008. A vaccine was not delivered until November 2009. That is pretty fast; usually it takes at least 18 months. But that was just a mutation of a known virus (H1N1). This is a totally new virus, so without a lot of luck a covid-19 vaccine will take longer than that.

Blessings to you and Ron too. And all our friends here.
Thank you for the correction on that and thank you so much for the blessing my dear friend. ♥