Father faces charges after accident kills son

Nympheas

http://www.foxbaltimore.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wbff_vid_4039.shtml

I'm wondering what charges he'll come up against. A history of traffic violations and disregard for others' safety seems to go beyond "reckless endangerment." "Vehicular manslaughter"?
It's s shame that it takes his son's death for the seriousness of his previous citations to possibly sink in. But is that enough?

squirt

Administrator
oh yeah, like there's anything they can do to him that is worse than having to live the rest of his life knowing his "recklessness" killed his 6 year old son!
unless they can prove his blood alcohol limit exceeded the law, I don't see what they can charge him with

Nympheas

I agree that no charge will be worse than what's happened. It's been alot of those kind of accidents it seems, hit and runs, drivers with histories of dangerous driving killing someone. Anytime a person gets a citation for not having a child properly secured just a few weeks ago to have this happen... makes me wonder. Penalties are definitely not stiff enough. I sure hope the child that wasn't in a seat belt a few weeks ago wasn't the same little boy.[/FONT]

Just Debbie

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 3393520]oh yeah, like there's anything they can do to him that is worse than having to live the rest of his life knowing his "recklessness" killed his 6 year old son!
unless they can prove his blood alcohol limit exceeded the law, I don't see what they can charge him with[/QUOTE]

I completely agree -

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
OH YES LOCK THE BASTARD UP FOR LIFE!

Each person should have had there seat belts on. He had kids in the car so should of been going at least 10 miles under the speed limit. And Children under the age of 12 should also be wearing helmets. That should become the next law. AND to top that off it was an SUV, those should by law have roll bars installed. Maybe even electronic sensors when children are in the car under a certian weight that it will not start unless the seat belts are in use.

Don't worry that he's got to live with knowing that he was the cause of his own childs death.

News reports like this make me sick to my stomach they don't know what the hell happened and can only guess, news stories like this can ruin a persons life forever.

Just Debbie

Super Moderator
he ruined his own life when he didn't take the precautions needed to make sure everyone in the car was safe and when he did so while under the influence

Nympheas

The only way to know what happened without question is if an incidence is on tape. Thankfully, laws are not limited to this. Innocent people catch the raw deal at times, but when a person has had previous citations for reckless driving, does not secure a child in a vehicle, which is the law in MD, and breathalizers can verify intoxication levels, my thoughts go to the child's death. Not the driver.

The child was my little cousin's classmate. He took this really hard...