Gun sales galore as another massacre takes places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyHendrix

That will give the good old NRA a huge boost similar tae the cinema shooting eh!
Fucking wise up and get the guns off the street,or are you part of the master plan to rid people off the face of the earth.
A fucking disgrace,gun lovers hang your heads in shame,that is of course if you have any.
How many more times do you want tae see this happening eh?
How many school shooting incidents in America since Columbine!

Mike Byhoff ‏@mbyhoff
31 U.S. school shootings since Columbine. School shootings in every other country in the world combined since that time: 14.
R.I.P. tae the children who won't ever see their parents again,God bless you all.

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
Wow.........I'm tempted to ask ...hell I'm gna go ahead and ask.....why would you blame gun owners for the stupidity of one person or persons???this falls on the responsibility aspect and not our right to bear arms and protect our homes and families!!! So take your head out of your rear end and get a life.

TonyHendrix

Michael Moore‏@MMFlint

Too soon to speak out about a gun-crazy nation? No, too late. At least THIRTY-ONE school shootings since Columbine.

Michael,watch your back or even your front you never know the minute.
Talking of which,it's been over two hours since I posted this and no replies from the gunners,then again I'd be ashamed tae post if I was a gun freak.
You can learn your children how tae fire as much as you want,it's getting them not tae fire is what you really need doing.

TonyHendrix

[QUOTE="TakinMyLyfeBack, post: 4159869]Wow.........I'm tempted to ask ...hell I'm gna go ahead and ask.....why would you blame gun owners for the stupidity of one person or persons???this falls on the responsibility aspect and not our right to bear arms and protect our homes and families!!! So take your head out of your rear end and get a life.[/QUOTE]

Was posting my message before I saw your post.
Yeah protect your homes and families right,funny how we're managing just fine.
We had the Masonic lodge tae thank for the Dunblane massacre,you have no excuses whatsoever.

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="TonyHendrix, post: 4159879]Oh btw,I have a life,more than those poor children and adults have this evening.[/QUOTE]

Please don't get me wrong Mr.Hendrix....
It is a very unfortunate tragedy....but I just don't get how you can blame EVERY gun owner for what happened... for example ppl get killed everyday by drunk drivers, who's hollering take the alcohol off the streets...or to better put an example that is more fitting, you don't see anyone yelling take the vehicles off the street and blaming everyone who owns four tires to transport themselves to work and back...I'm simply saying, lay the blame where it belongs, the mental stability of the person or persons that took a gun into hands and slaughtered innocent children...I'm just saying I believe your campaign is just and right, just barking up the wrong tree darling . Sorry if I came off as insencire to the families of the children lost....ask a mother myself, I can only imagine the pain and grief they are experiencing and will have them in my prayers.

TonyHendrix

My apologies for losing it,Ive often said that when folk start swearing in a thread then they lose the debate entirely,all I can say is,and I ain't too ashamed tae say it,I've been shedding tears and no doubt many others are doing likewise when viewing the massacre.
All it takes is common sense,is that too much tae ask folk,it's so heartbreaking and it's happening way too often.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="TonyHendrix, post: 4159897]My apologies for losing it,Ive often said that when folk start swearing in a thread then they lose the debate entirely,all I can say is,and I ain't too ashamed tae say it,I've been shedding tears and no doubt many others are doing likewise when viewing the massacre.
All it takes is common sense,is that too much tae ask folk,it's so heartbreaking and it's happening way too often.[/QUOTE]

Yep, there's no need for fucking swearing in the thread.

TonyHendrix

I have tae post this from an 18 year old lad,I was so impressed by it,it made me do proud that there are people out there who have the intelligence and thoughts,he deserved a star.

'So, yet another shooting incident has come and gone in The United States of America. Due to how common happenings like this are, in that ‘developed country’, we all know now what will ensue. A hugely emotional, but irrational, pseudo-debate on gun laws. The anti-gun lobby will espouse the need for guns to be completely banned, and for stricter regulations to be imposed on them until such a team that the constitution can be amended. The pro-gun lobby will say (somewhat bafflingly) that people need to be given more guns, in order to defend themselves from gun-toting lunatics who are perfectly free and able to legally obtain guns and then carry out such vicious attacks, due to the backward gun laws, which are actually based completely on false pretence, which I will come to later. Here’s the funny thing; both sides are very, seriously wrong. Total banning of guns would lead to the same events that occurred during the alcohol prohibition in the US, widespread chaos, and gangs running the joint. Also, freely giving out guns to people in the hope that they, themselves will defend one another from a potential attacker is even more laughable than the first proposition, for obvious reasons (but I still would not even choose the former over it). I mean these people are actually using the ‘fight fire, with fire’ argument, which should be excluded immediately from any serious argument, but somehow manages to filter through. Now on to the point on the constitution.
Here is the actual language used in the second amendment, as passed by congress; ‘A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a Free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.’ Now, this very clearly does not allow anyone to simply go into a ‘store’ and buy a gun. It does, however, clearly state that a ‘well-regulated militia’ has the right to ‘bear arms’. Now the importance of the language here cannot be overstated. This clearly means that, only those who are part of such a militia should be entitled to have a firearm. Not just any average Joe from the street, who doesn’t have an understanding of how to handle a gun, who has been given a somewhat half-assed background check, and to whom a proper, psychological evaluation, has not been carried out. This is not what the founding father’s wished.
The founding fathers were against all forms of tyrannical government, hence why they fought against the ‘British’. They would certainly have not appreciated the, so-called, ‘patriot act’ which I will describe as the most democratic way that fascism has crept into a democratic state, since the most obvious example. But, I digress. And this is why they gave the right to the people, to form militias and fight back against governments that were encroaching too far on their personal liberties. Not, however, for everyone and their dog to have an AK-47 hanging on the wall. And I would urge the pro-gun lobby to recognise this undeniable fact, and legislate on guns, accordingly.
The last major gun attack we had here, in the ‘UK’ (specifically in Scotland), was the Dunblane massacre carried out by an individual in 1996, and immediately after, we signed in laws and campaigned for tighter gun control, to ensure that a travesty to humanity such as this, would never happen again. That is the last of its kind we have been forced to bear witness to, since then. Unfortunately, in the United States, it’s happening to a point where it’s becoming worryingly common. In the calendar year of 2012, we have been shown truly horrific scenes, from the shooting at the new batman film premiere, to those who were killed in a shopping mall, and now, an elementary school, in which a ‘man’ opened fire, with multiple firearms, and stole the lives of at least 29 people, including members of his own family.
It pains me to say that, when I first heard of this, I was obviously experiencing a wide range of emotions, but the one that was missing was shock. It’s just all too common. It happens too much. And we really need for the people of the United States to have an, adult, civilised, and more importantly fact-based, discussion on what needs to be done in order to effectively prevent travesties like this from happening again. And the annoying thing is, the solution is all too simple; attitudes towards guns are what have to change. Not the laws, not the prices, not the availability, the attitudes. That is how we managed to legislate against them after the massacre at Dunblane. Not because the law was easier to change (which it is), but because of our attitudes towards guns, we managed to do the right thing. The attitude towards guns across the pond, however, is disturbingly different, and is proving to be lethal. Mass killings such as the most recent in Connecticut, and the more famous like the Columbine massacre, and the 61 that have happened since 1982, should be enough to rationalise against the idea that guns are a good thing that keep the citizens safe. But this is just simply not the reality. After gun laws were tightened here, gun crime went down. It works.'

kipper

Super Moderator
Tony, I have been here since 2004 and have seen more gun threads than I care to remember, point is it's a different mind set to the UK so no matter what you copy and paste it ain't gonna alter the fact the US still holds the right to bear arms. We have supposedly strict gun laws here yet there were over 4000 firearm offences in London last year alone.

TonyHendrix

I know that kipper,thankfully up here in Scotland the SNP are taking steps regarding using an air gun,there will soon be a law for the requirement of a license.
I know that only 32% of American households have a gun available in case of Emergancy,even so,it's still helluva lit of guns.
The gun lobby must be so powerful over there that people are running scared shitless of them,they bully politicians and they are too scared to argue back for fear of losing votes come election time,that's a fact.

Vinnie

There is hope even after such a tragedy as this. A guy who was at school during the Dunblain shooting some 16 years ago won the US tennis open this year.

Ms.Diablo50

Michael Moore may not be everyone's cuppa T but he sure brings the tragic events today intae focus.

A Timeline Of Mass Shootings In The US Since Columbine | ThinkProgress

Micheal Moore is nothing more than a sensationalist wanna be, always pointing out the negative and nothing positive, At this time I have to agree with you this is very bad. And it does not shed a bright light on the NRA. But facts are facts this guy was a sick and twisted person. You can not say all gun owners are crazy lunatics. And it also stands that are a lot of countries that ban guns, and YET the only one's that have guns in their country is the bad guys & police,and or military. It don't matter what the government bans, the bad guys will always have them. There is no stopping them unless the government themselves go gun free and they will never do it. So does that mean I can't protect my family from these so called idiots? If it's not a gun it could be anything from baseball bats or bows and arrows or what about axes? Idiots will always find a way to kill you if they want to. There is no way the people of America will ever give up their right to bear arms. I can't see me trying to protect myself or family with a axe or bow & arrow. It will be fruitless against a bullet Tony. So we should all give them up so ONLY the bad guys have them? What about Denmark? They are supposed to be a gun free nation, but look what happened there with Anders Behring Breivik, it didn't stop him now did it? Sorry Tony but I will never give up my guns. And yes I've been so angry at times at other stupid people but I never EVER thought about pulling out my gun and shooting anyone. No matter what someone else thinks here, I am not a killer. Just protected, just in case.... You will never win an argument in this country on your grounds of guns kill people.......

Merry Christmas all the same Tony.........

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
Fact is if the teacher had a gun there wouldn't of been this shooting of 27 people. Just one.

I don't have any children in school anymore although it I did I'd like them to carry a gun. What the hell kind of parent would I be if I didn't give them one to protect themselves?

Flynn

Fact is if the teacher had a gun there wouldn't of been this shooting of 27 people. Just one.

I don't have any children in school anymore although it I did I'd like them to carry a gun. What the hell kind of parent would I be if I didn't give them one to protect themselves?
[/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/B]

The teacher did have a gun.....up until the point that her son took possession of his mother's legally licensed guns, shot her and his brother at home then went to his mothers school where he shot and killed more teachers and children.

Like Kipper said........another massacre is not going to change anyone's position on gun ownership.

I honestly believe that in the USA it has passed the point of no return with guns, there are so many illegal guns it would be crazy to demand that honest citizens surrender their weapons.

indianajoe

Jokeroo Enthusiast
murdering 28 innocent people is not an exercise of the 2nd amendment,..it is an abuse of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.