Gun sales galore as another massacre takes places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynn

[QUOTE="TakinMyLyfeBack, post: 4161578]Rather they.died ornot.flynn...they were still stabbed...I think that was the point that was to be made....so what your saying is that if your stabbed or shot, or beat with a bat, but live through it that makes it less tragic? I'm sorry but I disagree.[/QUOTE]

No...I think the point is, you can do a lot more damage with an assault rifle than you can with a knife.

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
Smh.....the right person with any weapon can do just ask much danmage.flynn and its all tragic.....

Country17

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Flynn, post: 4161159]
In this latest mass murder the shooter did not own the guns, he took his mothers weapons and ammunition and committed the atrocity.
[/QUOTE]

You are right Flynn and you have to wonder why a mother with a mentally challenged son would keep so many UNLOCKED semiauto weapons in her house. However, my point was about the way mental illness was treated as oppossed to guns. Too many families try to hide or suppress that their child has a problem, and the alternatives are prison or a mental institution. How many parents want to do that to their child?
'I Am Adam Lanza's Mother': A Mom's Perspective On The Mental Illness Conversation In America

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="Country17, post: 4160734]This incident has nothing to do with the second amendment![/QUOTE]

Thank you. Remember the Jonestown mass suicide/murder? Funny how nobody tried to ban Kood-Aid.
Yeah, let the people focus on the weapon, not the criminally insane.
No guns? No problem! Dirty bombs (design available on the internet) can be easily made, etc. Kitchen knives should be blamed as well.
Had a problem with a crowd who didn't like you? Easy! Just wait until they walk out of a party and mow them down with your car. That happened here a few years ago. Five were killed.

We have gun control here as well. The problem is, criminals don't follow the rules and get their guns illegally. That will always be the case.

Nut-cases have and always be present. It's a fact of life. Stop blaming the objects, start doing something about the deranged.

I forgot to mention one more weapon. Airplanes; like the ones who flew in the twin towers. The airplanes weren't designed as weapons. Get my drift?

Last edited:

kipper

Super Moderator
I'm not worried about road rage or car jacking since I bought my new car.

[jimg]n40g/z3/q/q/h/e/a.baa-.jpg[/jimg]

Flynn

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4161639]Thank you. Remember the Jonestown mass suicide/murder? Funny how nobody tried to ban Kood-Aid.
Yeah, let the people focus on the weapon, not the criminally insane.
No guns? No problem! Dirty bombs (design available on the internet) can be easily made, etc. Kitchen knives should be blamed as well.
Had a problem with a crowd who didn't like you? Easy! Just wait until they walk out of a party and mow them down with your car. That happened here a few years ago. Five were killed.

We have gun control here as well. The problem is, criminals don't follow the rules and get their guns illegally. That will always be the case.

Nut-cases have and always be present. It's a fact of life. Stop blaming the objects, start doing something about the deranged.

I forgot to mention one more weapon. Airplanes; like the ones who flew in the twin towers. The airplanes weren't designed as weapons. Get my drift?
[/QUOTE]

There is nothing that can be done to solve the gun ownership problem in the USA now, too many guns, too many people. The deaths of children is a heavy price to pay to uphold the rights for gun ownership but get used to it because mass gun killings are now entrenched in USA society.

This case alone is an example of how an unregistered user can get a semi automatic assault weapon and go on a murderous rampage. Members can post examples of how to murder your fellow human being without a gun but the fact remains that this time, within a matter of minutes several hundred rounds of ammunition were fired before anyone really knew what was happening.

Besides for explosives there are not many other ways to maximize the kill when hunting humans other than to shoot them close range with a semi automatic assault weapon.

sybarite

[QUOTE="Flynn, post: 4161581]
No...I think the point is, you can do a lot more damage with an assault rifle than you can with a knife.
[/QUOTE]

And you can do more damage with a bomb than an assult rifle. The bomb Timothy Mcveigh used to kill 168 people in Oklahoma City was illegal, but that didn't stop him. Where there's a will, there's a way.

squirt

Administrator
they're saying that Connecticut has the 4th strictest gun laws in the nation, only 3 states have stricter laws ... and that didn't stop it
when someone gets it in their head that they're going to do what this young man did, I don't think any law would stop them or even slow them down *much* :sad:

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="sybarite, post: 4161906]And you can do more damage with a bomb than an assult rifle. The bomb Timothy Mcveigh used to kill 168 people in Oklahoma City was illegal, but that didn't stop him. Where there's a will, there's a way.[/QUOTE]

The answer is easy then, lock up everyone called Will...or shoot them.

kipper

Super Moderator
I think y'all live in Dodge City....[jimg]n48v/z3/_/u/h/e/a.baa-.gif[/jimg]

sybarite

[QUOTE="kipper, post: 4162140]The answer is easy then, lock up everyone called Will...or shoot them.[/QUOTE]

Since all these shooters are men, I say ban men having guns, give the guns to the women and we'll protect the children and innocents!:chased::heehee:

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="sybarite, post: 4162152]Since all these shooters are men, I say ban men having guns, give the guns to the women and we'll protect the children and innocents!:chased::heehee:[/QUOTE]

Won't bother me as I'm a Jedi and the bullets bounce off...

Flynn

[QUOTE="sybarite, post: 4161906]And you can do more damage with a bomb than an assult rifle. The bomb Timothy Mcveigh used to kill 168 people in Oklahoma City was illegal, but that didn't stop him. Where there's a will, there's a way.[/QUOTE]

You can do more damage by hijacking a passenger jet and crash it into a building.

As I said, there are too many guns to do much about gun control, so get used to gun deaths being headlines for a long time to come. It is not about gun ownership any more it is more about the types of weapons people are arming themselves with.

I see no reason why any civilian should have a 30 clip, semi automatic assault rifle in their home. I understand the need to feel protected but Americans seem to be arming themselves for an inevitable street warfare situation.

Flynn

they're saying that Connecticut has the 4th strictest gun laws in the nation, only 3 states have stricter laws ... and that didn't stop it
when someone gets it in their head that they're going to do what this young man did, I don't think any law would stop them or even slow them down *much* :sad:[/COLOR][/B]

His mother left her guns and ammunition in an unsecured location.

Gun owners are irresponsible with how they store their weapons...then again if they are too tightly locked away there is no protection.

squirt

Administrator
how do you know they were unsecured?
he was a 20 year old man, well able to by-pass any security there might have been

Flynn

how do you know they were unsecured?
he was a 20 year old man, well able to by-pass any security there might have been[/COLOR][/B]

If a 20 year old man could by-pass the security that locks away assault weapons then it stands to reason that the security of those weapons was not up to standard.

All too often I hear stories of unsecured weapons that fall into the hands of the wrong people.

squirt

Administrator
no, it doesn't ... he lived in the home, went to shooting ranges with his mom, why wouldn't he know how to get to the guns?

she never dreamed her own son would shoot her much less 20 children!

squirt

Administrator
from everything I've heard about his mom, she was not the type to leave guns where they were easily accessible, she volunteered at the elementary school, she took time to try to connect with her son, they've only just begun to investigate the crime scene at the home, anything about the guns and their location at this point is merely speculation

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
? We can all go on and on tilwe are blue in the face, but not change the others mind or point of view...I for one will not change my mind about the rihht we have to bear arms......I don't own a gun, don't want to own one....but every law abiding citizen should have every right to protect their family, and taking the right to bears arms will only make us more susceptible to the criminals that could care less about the laws......don't you getit, a person who is set on causing harm to another person is gonna get the job done no matter what the law says....:hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.