Gun sales galore as another massacre takes places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynn

[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4165591]There IS no easy solution... Take away all the guns and the idiots will be making bombs. The problem is with violence and rage. I am older...When I went to school, the schools were NOT locked...in fact, when the weather was nice, the doors were wide open all day. There was never a problem...or even the thought of a problem. Of course, back in those days parents AND teachers were allowed to spank naughty kids...we started each school day with the Pledge of Allegiance and a non-denominational prayer, and the teachers were called "sir" or "maam". Whether or not a child mastered the school work, we ALL learned respect. These days, kids have "rights" and they have tender little psyches that must be protected.[/QUOTE]

Of course the problem is violence and rage but making semi automatic assault weapons available at street level makes it easier to kill in greater numbers.

Flynn

[QUOTE="Vinnie, post: 4165846]Great, lets make it harder to get guns but then you also need to keep up these checks because people change. You also need to make sure they do not drink since that can change their mental state. Make certain no other in the household is "mentally unstable" as well. What of children in the house? How are you going to store them?

why do other countries where there is much gun ownership not have such high levels of gun violence?[/QUOTE]

Most people can't make their own bullets so you only need to make it harder to get ammunition.

Why is there such a high level of gun violence in the USA ?

American gun owners put themselves in the position of judge, jury and in most cases...executioner. Have a look at some of the previous posts about USA gun control and you'll understand why the NRA said the only way to beat a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.

Ms.Diablo50

[QUOTE="Vinnie, post: 4165846]Great, lets make it harder to get guns but then you also need to keep up these checks because people change. You also need to make sure they do not drink since that can change their mental state. Make certain no other in the household is "mentally unstable" as well. What of children in the house? How are you going to store them?

why do other countries where there is much gun ownership not have such high levels of gun violence?[/QUOTE]

Because these kids run free & wild and if under the age of 18 all they get is a slap on the wrist and some alone time in a swanky institution for the mentally handicapped. And we the parents are powerless to correct their rude behavior. We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. The sooner the government gets out of our private lives and how we discipline our own children and bring back a little respect for the schools & states ie; The Pledge Of Allegiance every morning, A prayer of their choice maybe then and only then will these kids know the true consequences of misbehaving. Put the fear of God back in these kids already stop playing the "No, You'll hurt his feelings game" You do wrong you must pay the price. JMO..........

Goodgrief

"What of children in the house? How are you going to store them?"

We have rules concerning storage of guns. Read my post on them.
Every responsible gun owner has to do what I described. That system is also an anti-theft method. Most gun related crimes are committed with stolen guns. NO, the bad guys don't register their firearms. They steal them or get them on the black market.

As for the children, I guess the parents have to keep an eye on them, can't keep them in safes.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4166884]"What of children in the house? How are you going to store them?"

As for the children, I guess the parents have to keep an eye on them, can't keep them in safes.
[/QUOTE]

You can't? oh shit, how about cages?
[jimg]n67z/z3/_/8/h/e/a.baa-.jpg[/jimg]​

[QUOTE="TonyHendrix, post: 4159855]That will give the good old NRA a huge boost similar tae the cinema shooting eh!
Fucking wise up and get the guns off the street,or are you part of the master plan to rid people off the face of the earth.
A fucking disgrace,gun lovers hang your heads in shame,that is of course if you have any.
How many more times do you want tae see this happening eh?
How many school shooting incidents in America since Columbine!

Mike Byhoff ‏@mbyhoff
31 U.S. school shootings since Columbine. School shootings in every other country in the world combined since that time: 14.
R.I.P. tae the children who won't ever see their parents again,God bless you all.[/QUOTE]

Banning guns solves nothing. Banning alcohol didn't soleve anything either, not has banning drugs. For the amount of guns there are in the USA and the amount of bullets that are fired every year, the number of homicides is actually very small. in fact, the number of cases where a personal gun is used to stop or prevent a crime dwarfs the number of times a gun is used to take a life.

[QUOTE="Flynn, post: 4166149]Most people can't make their own bullets so you only need to make it harder to get ammunition.

Why is there such a high level of gun violence in the USA ?

American gun owners put themselves in the position of judge, jury and in most cases...executioner. Have a look at some of the previous posts about USA gun control and you'll understand why the NRA said the only way to beat a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.

[/QUOTE]

making bullets is easy as hell. take them away, more people will make them

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="kipper, post: 4167235]You can't? oh shit, how about cages?
[jimg]n67z/z3/_/8/h/e/a.baa-.jpg[/jimg]​
[/QUOTE]

Kipper, all I can say is that I'm glad I had swallowed that sip of water before I saw your post!

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
I am the first to agree we have a problem...but "gun control" is not the answer. (Unless it is to remove assault weapons...) My community is mourning the death of two "first responders" and the injuries to two more who were gunned down early Christmas Eve morning. Turns out the fire (which eventually engulfed 7 homes) was deliberately set. The gunman had served 17 years in prison for killing his grandmother with a hammer, so he was NOT "allowed" to own a gun...but that didn't stop him from killing two good men, seriously injuring two more and ...oh yes...eventually, his sister was found dead in the house.

[QUOTE="Country17, post: 4172107]Obama gets the "best salesman of guns award" for the year![/QUOTE]

gun and ammunition sales are at record highs since he was elected. nothing gets americans more passionate then when you try to take away one of their constitutional rights

[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4172295]I am the first to agree we have a problem...but "gun control" is not the answer. (Unless it is to remove assault weapons...) My community is mourning the death of two "first responders" and the injuries to two more who were gunned down early Christmas Eve morning. Turns out the fire (which eventually engulfed 7 homes) was deliberately set. The gunman had served 17 years in prison for killing his grandmother with a hammer, so he was NOT "allowed" to own a gun...but that didn't stop him from killing two good men, seriously injuring two more and ...oh yes...eventually, his sister was found dead in the house.[/QUOTE]

its peoples heads that are the problem. not guns. you see the changes in society everywhere. from road rage to general attitudes. its like we've all developed this gangland mentality. dis me and I'll fuck you up, I'll kill you. and we glorify this lifestyle in our movies, tv shows, especially our music. when i was growing up there was no gun control. any body could buy anything. we didn't have these problems. of course the lyrics of our music were she loves you yea yea yea and come on peoplenow, smile on your brother. Not about killing and raping and thug life.

Ms.Diablo50

[QUOTE="lordoftheblackflies, post: 4172320]its peoples heads that are the problem. not guns. you see the changes in society everywhere. from road rage to general attitudes. its like we've all developed this gangland mentality. dis me and I'll fuck you up, I'll kill you. and we glorify this lifestyle in our movies, tv shows, especially our music. when i was growing up there was no gun control. any body could buy anything. we didn't have these problems. of course the lyrics of our music were she loves you yea yea yea and come on peoplenow, smile on your brother. Not about killing and raping and thug life.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Thank you ......................... This is what is the real problem. But I'm afraid I'm only preaching to the wall here because people refuse to see what the real issue is here, not the guns....The mentality of whats HOLDING the gun....

Tokentoo

[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4172295]I am the first to agree we have a problem...but "gun control" is not the answer. (Unless it is to remove assault weapons...) My community is mourning the death of two "first responders" and the injuries to two more who were gunned down early Christmas Eve morning. Turns out the fire (which eventually engulfed 7 homes) was deliberately set. The gunman had served 17 years in prison for killing his grandmother with a hammer, so he was NOT "allowed" to own a gun...but that didn't stop him from killing two good men, seriously injuring two more and ...oh yes...eventually, his sister was found dead in the house.[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw something about locating the woman who had purchased the gun(s)for him/ or gave to him.... are they going to charge her?

[QUOTE="Ms.Diablo50, post: 4172326]Thank you Thank you ......................... This is what is the real problem. But I'm afraid I'm only preaching to the wall here because people refuse to see what the real issue is here, not the guns....The mentality of whats HOLDING the gun....[/QUOTE]

Look at ho many millions of guns there are in the USA I think the latest estimates are 270 million privately owned guns. That is legally owned guns and it doesn't include the illergal ones owned by criminals. there are roughly 9,000 homicides a year using a gun. its a very small fraction of guns that are used in homicides. and most of them are obtained illegally. the big buzz now is assault style rifles. these are the new big killers according to the liberal media. so how many homicieds were there with these assault style rifles? well they don't keep stats on that, but all rifles combined, including these horrific assault style rifles was 358. Yep only 358 for all rifles combined. You have a better chance of being struck by lighning than being shot by an assualt style rifle.

now on the other had it is estimated that a privately owned gun is used 2,500,000 times a year to stop a personal attack or robbery. kind of dwarfs the 9,000 number doesn't it? also what they don't tell you is those 9,000 homicies include all inter gang related violence, drug wars, the whole spectrum.

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="Tokentoo, post: 4172347]I thought I saw something about locating the woman who had purchased the gun(s)for him/ or gave to him.... are they going to charge her?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know they belonged (legally) to his hated sister. He killed her and stole them. I question the prison system / parole board for releasing him after beating Granny to death with that hammer. Anybody who could do that is NOT sane!!!

[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4172476]As far as I know they belonged (legally) to his hated sister. He killed her and stole them. I question the prison system / parole board for releasing him after beating Granny to death with that hammer. Anybody who could do that is NOT sane!!![/QUOTE]

as long as we allow practices like this to happen we are going to have problems like this.

Goodgrief

What will it take for the people to bring back a Justice system, throwing out a Legal one? A revolution? Perhaps.

Too much slack has been given to the Legal pundits. The "Human Rights" factor has gone too far, at the expense of the common law-abiding citizen.

I only speak for my country. Foreign national gangs are flourishing because of easy entry to the country. We have Chinese, Vietnamese, Lebanese and East Indian gangs fighting in our streets, it would be OK if they only killed each other, but the sad thing is, they also take innocent by-standers in their pursuit of power. It almost makes the Hell's Angels look like saints.

Why is all this happening? The Legal system allowed it to happen. One bad ass has to be convicted of at least 10 murders before he is deported. Beats a cat's nine lives, doesn't it?

Totally, we never had these problems in the past and years ago we didn't even have gun control. We have become so politically correct we have created a monster.

Country17

Jokeroo Enthusiast
There have been many mass murders thwarted by an armed citizen, but you won't hear about this from the liberal media, it's not politically correct right now, it's all about the gun control agenda that the present administration is going to exploit now.

On Sunday December 17, 2012, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his X-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater. The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It’s like the Aurora, CO theater story plus a restaurant!
Now aren’t you wondering why this isn’t a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting?

There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. SHE pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened.

Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week. Just thought you’d like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.