Gun sales galore as another massacre takes places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.Diablo50

[QUOTE="bbell, post: 4174716]You must forgive them. So many people did not slay the bogey man living under their bed as a child. Thus they feel him everywhere, hence the need to always carry a gun. Living in fear of the bogey man is a heavy burden for people to carry. So sad.[/QUOTE]

I never did fear the bogey man he didn't exist when I grew up. I had a wonderful childhood calm and relaxed, no fear except for when we misbehaved and had to face the parents but scared? Nope not me... I didn't become SCARED as you so call it till I was a adult in my 40's and saw all the shit coming down and government bullshit imposing on my personal life. Yes, I have GUNS Yes I know how to use clean and do small repairs if needed. Why should that bother you, unless your up to no good? Do you really have such a terrible fear of guns? The gun can't hurt you. It's what is holding the gun you should be afraid of.. It's so SAD so many people fear something they have no knowledge of. And being that you are so anti-gun, it tells me 2 things your either very naive about them or you had a bad experience with one.
Either way you look at it guns are here to stay and I will not be a sitting duck like some of you........... I am NOT paranoid or scared. Just protected to a certain point and I'm happy and content to stay this way....

Last edited:

hortysir

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Flynn, post: 4160269]The teacher did have a gun.....up until the point that her son took possession of his mother's legally licensed guns, shot her and his brother at home then went to his mothers school where he shot and killed more teachers and children.

Like Kipper said........another massacre is not going to change anyone's position on gun ownership.

I honestly believe that in the USA it has passed the point of no return with guns, there are so many illegal guns it would be crazy to demand that honest citizens surrender their weapons.
[/QUOTE] that teacher wasn't teaching any longer. She was killed before asshole started the rampage.

Tony don't quote Michael Moore. That asshole hypocrite has 3 armed body guards, himself.

Gun sales have soared in CA, in anticipation of tougher gun laws.
Guess what? Gun crime has DROPPED.
That's what happens when the bad guy thinks you may be armed, they think twice.

Where was the outcry to ban knives when OJ slaughtered his wife?

While I'm here, stop whining about "semi automatic" weapons.
The name sounds mean and nasty, but all it means is ONE bullet comes out every time you pull the trigger......same thing that happens with a REVOLVER.

Quit shifting blame to further your goals of tougher gun laws.

kipper

Super Moderator
Well my grandchild has just got his new school uniform...

[jimg]naie/z3/2/t/j/e/a.baa-.jpg[/jimg]

Ms.Diablo50

[QUOTE="kipper, post: 4175231]Well my grandchild has just got his new school uniform...

[jimg]naie/z3/2/t/j/e/a.baa-.jpg[/jimg][/QUOTE]

What? Where is the poor boy's grenades? What kind of Grandpa are you? SMH! Come on Gramps, get with the program.......
:laugh:

bbell

[QUOTE="Ms.Diablo50, post: 4175067]I never did fear the bogey man he didn't exist when I grew up. I had a wonderful childhood calm and relaxed, no fear except for when we misbehaved and had to face the parents but scared? Nope not me... I didn't become SCARED as you so call it till I was a adult in my 40's and saw all the shit coming down and government bullshit imposing on my personal life. Yes, I have GUNS Yes I know how to use clean and do small repairs if needed. Why should that bother you, unless your up to no good? Do you really have such a terrible fear of guns? The gun can't hurt you. It's what is holding the gun you should be afraid of.. It's so SAD so many people fear something they have no knowledge of. And being that you are so anti-gun, it tells me 2 things your either very naive about them or you had a bad experience with one.
Either way you look at it guns are here to stay and I will not be a sitting duck like some of you........... I am NOT paranoid or scared. Just protected to a certain point and I'm happy and content to stay this way....[/QUOTE]
Well at the age of 12 I was taught to shoot rifles and small handguns both revolvers and semi-automatic. For about two years once a month I went shooting. I for one love guns especially semi automatic pistols, they are to me works of art and efficiency. As each of my brothers and sisters turned 18 my grandfather gave us hand guns. I still have the one he gave me. I rarely use it, at this time it sits in a box in my closet. The gun is not loaded the clip is not loaded. Why? Because I do not live in fear of this world. And I am not paranoid of the government or delusional enough to think if the government came at me with arms that I am going to repulse them.

Here is the thing about people with guns. It is a lot harder to take another human life even if your life or an love one is threaten. Despite what people think chances are they will not pull the trigger. The military has dealt with this problem for 100's of years. They have just now developed tools to get soldiers to kill the first time they go into combat. But there still is a high rate of soldiers missing human targets on purpose.

Last edited:

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="bbell, post: 4175640]Well at the age of 12 I was taught to shoot rifles and small handguns both revolvers and semi-automatic. For about two years once a month I went shooting. I for one love guns especially semi automatic pistols, they are to me works of art and efficiency. As each of my brothers and sisters turned 18 my grandfather gave us hand guns. I still have the one he gave me. I rarely use it, at this time it sits in a box in my closet. The gun is not loaded the clip is not loaded. Why? Because I do not live in fear of this world. And I am not paranoid of the government or delusional enough to think if the government came at me with arms that I am going to repulse them.

Here is the thing about people with guns. It is a lot harder to take another human life even if your life or an love one is threaten. Despite what people think chances are they will not pull trigger. The military has dealt with this problem for 100's of years. They have just now developed tools to get soldiers to kill the first time they go into combat. But there still is a high rate of soldiers missing human targets on purpose.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it has to do with the personality traits. Should anyone threaten the life of one of my own, I'd grab a shovel, axe, baseball bat, knife, my own hands or a gun to defend that person.
Would I kill a human for fun? Hell no!

I will reiterate what I have said many times before. Law-abiding gun owners aren't the problem. Whackos and criminals are.
Whackos are allowed to roam freely, criminals are set free to commit more crimes to pay they high-class defence lawyers.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Ms.Diablo50, post: 4175594]What? Where is the poor boy's grenades? What kind of Grandpa are you? SMH! Come on Gramps, get with the program.......
:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Just below is right shoulder, don't think I'd send him to school half dressed do ya?

Flynn

[QUOTE="hortysir, post: 4175084]that teacher wasn't teaching any longer. She was killed before asshole started the rampage.

Tony don't quote Michael Moore. That asshole hypocrite has 3 armed body guards, himself.

Gun sales have soared in CA, in anticipation of tougher gun laws.
Guess what? Gun crime has DROPPED.
That's what happens when the bad guy thinks you may be armed, they think twice.

Where was the outcry to ban knives when OJ slaughtered his wife?

While I'm here, stop whining about "semi automatic" weapons.
The name sounds mean and nasty, but all it means is ONE bullet comes out every time you pull the trigger......same thing that happens with a REVOLVER.

Quit shifting blame to further your goals of tougher gun laws.[/QUOTE]

His mother was an ex-teacher that makes all the difference.

Ex-teacher or not, she still did not lock up her weapons and her deranged son got hold of them and all the ammunition and committed the massacre that prompted this thread.

Auto, semi-auto assault rifle, not a whole lot of difference in the scheme of things,when an average magazine holds 30 rounds. The Bushmaster rifle he used can discharge 40 rounds per minute. I understand you feel a need to have weapons to protect yourself but in the average household I fail to see how an assault rifle is a defence weapon. I have a .222 bolt action rifle, one in the breach, 5 in the magazine, it is a hunting rifle, my friends laugh at me that I would need more than one shot to drop anything. The barrel length is probably longer than a Bushmaster but I find aiming a rifle in confined places to be a hindrance to sighting a target. Semi auto in the same gun you don't need to aim you just keep pressing that hair trigger and walk those shots into your victims and know you have scored a hit when arms and legs are dismembered from young bodies.

Flynn

[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4174942]There you go! Banning alcohol does NOT work, but try it if you are afraid of it. Banning cars??? That wouldn't work either. Yet you are saying those are the BIG dangers. So why are you so concerned about banning guns? I am more concerned with idiot newspaper reporters publishing the names and addresses of every LEGAL gun-carrying member in a community. [/QUOTE]

I'd rather my problem of drunk drivers than have to concern myself that the vehicle driver is not only drunk but they also have a semi-automatic hand gun strapped to the steering column of their car in case of a road rage incident.

hortysir

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Flynn, post: 4175782]
I'd rather my problem of drunk drivers than have to concern myself that the vehicle driver is not only drunk but they also have a semi-automatic hand gun strapped to the steering column of their car in case of a road rage incident.
[/QUOTE]
Again, that would happen based on a person's state of mind. NOT because of the gun. They could just as easily jerk the wheel and wreck you if they're that crazy.....don't need a gun.

Time for me to bring in my favorite word... Constitution.
Our government was never designed to be more powerful than the people.
We started out being able to carry the same guns as the military. Somewhere along the line we lost that.
Now you'll say "Should we, also, be allowed to have missiles and tanks?"
Hell YES!
We should be able to defend ourselves from a corrupt and out-of-control government.

[QUOTE="Flynn, post: 4174272]If a gun owner can’t buy powder, primers and shot for reloading empty casings it's not so easy to make bullets
[/QUOTE] yes, because there is no black market. which by the way will become huge if a ban is ever put in place. hey remember when alcohol was banned and nobody could get it. Drugs too. they are banned and we have odrugs around do we. only people who are short sighted actually believe a ban will solve anything.

[QUOTE="Flynn, post: 4174274]

After the Oklahoma bombing it became more difficult to buy and store bomb making chemicals.

After the 9/11 Twin Towers disaster it became more difficult to hijack a passenger plane.

After every gun death massacre there is an increase in gun and ammunition sales.
[/QUOTE] yea because gun grabbing lunatics start talking ban. hey here's another good one. we ban and tighten controls around sales of antihistanines because they are used in making meth. that will stop the meth problem right? wrong again. black market rises, theft of it goes up. alternative more dangerous alternatives are found. see yo ucan't force your principles and ideals on anyone and not expect them to retaliate. America originated because we wouldn't tolerate ideals and restrictions being forced on us

[QUOTE="Flynn, post: 4174929]
Too true.

There are way too many gun owners who own a gun because they live in fear.

Life is really good out there, I'm more concerned about drunk drivers after a big night out than being scared about car-jackers and random shootings.
[/QUOTE]

then why don't you suggest banning cars?

or we could continue to do what all of the gun grabbing nuts are doing blowing this issue way out of proportion.

likeaneagle

[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4174942]There you go! Banning alcohol does NOT work, but try it if you are afraid of it. Banning cars??? That wouldn't work either. Yet you are saying those are the BIG dangers. So why are you so concerned about banning guns? I am more concerned with idiot newspaper reporters publishing the names and addresses of every LEGAL gun-carrying member in a community. [/QUOTE] Banning alcohol ? go wash ur mouth out with soap!

Goodgrief

Ummmm. Ban cars, guns, airplanes, knives, baseball bats, snakes, grizzly bears, lions, tigers, spiders, skiing equipment, food (we all know most of the stuff we eat is bad for us), alcohol, trains, buses, sex (yes, it will only lead to more people to die from ??? Living?) Let us not forget about wars, terrorists, earthquakes, tsunamis, shark attacks, drowning, and so forth.

By the way does anyone here know someone who's 500 years old?

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4176478]Ummmm. Ban cars, guns, airplanes, knives, baseball bats, snakes, grizzly bears, lions, tigers, spiders, skiing equipment, food (we all know most of the stuff we eat is bad for us), alcohol, trains, buses, sex (yes, it will only lead to more people to die from ??? Living?) Let us not forget about wars, terrorists, earthquakes, tsunamis, shark attacks, drowning, and so forth.

By the way does anyone here know someone who's 500 years old?

[/QUOTE]

I think Methuselah lived to a ripe old age so I'm told...:nutter:

LilMissPurrfect

[QUOTE="kipper, post: 4176637]I think Methuselah lived to a ripe old age so I'm told...:nutter:[/QUOTE]

According to the bible he was 969 yrs old when he died (don't know if he died of old age or something else btw :huh:)......
And that makes as much sense....and sounds as real as some of the posts I read!!
:huh:

kipper

Super Moderator
God Bless America

<object id="player_api" width="491" height="426" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.jokeroo.com/bin/player.swf?nb03_bdf0_noautoplay">

</object>

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="LilMissPurrfect, post: 4176641]According to the bible he was 969 yrs old when he died (don't know if he died of old age or something else btw :huh:)......
And that makes as much sense....and sounds as real as some of the posts I read!!
:huh:[/QUOTE]

He was shot when they invented guns...:hehehaha:

Status
Not open for further replies.