Have we forgotten?

squirt

Administrator

I remember when the NYPD were the heroes, was it that long ago?
is it not the same NYPD who rushed into those towers, not bothering to check if someone was black or white, rich or poor, gay or straight, just trying to save every single life that could possibly be saved?

Have we done such a piss poor job of keeping the memory of that day alive?
Or have we failed to pass on the lessons we learned that day?

How did we get so far from the unity we had that day, to the civil war level division we're at now?

We're still the same country ... aren't we?

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I was home and hubby called and told me to turn on the TV it was early here when it happened
I was shocked utterly and truly shocked ~ hubby was in the Air Force they stopped all the
planes from flying he said the skies were bare not a plane insight. It was surreal it still is and

I think it always will be.
As far as your question I say Yes we have, that’s why Neverforget is so important and keeps that reminder in us to stick together but to me it seems we’re driven further apart. Especially since COVID
and police killings and protests and politics and now we’re dealing with wildfires. I have to say that
I have seen communities come together to help each other and that’s what keeps me going in hopes
for Unity 🙏🏻♥

Last edited:

squirt

Administrator
I was in the clean room at Texas Instruments, and hubby called to tell me to get to a TV
made it down to the break room just in time to see the 2nd plane hit the Towers
the break room was packed, but you could hear a pin drop, we just couldn't believe what we were seeing

I work in one of the most diverse locations in the country, everybody needs groceries
as best as I can tell, most people treat each other with respect, courtesy, and kindness
but that doesn't make headlines
we need to stop focusing on what makes us different, because there's so much more that makes us all the same

I saw something yesterday that said the best way to honor those we lost on 9/11 is through service and kindness ~ I rather like that!