High School Punishes Christmas Sweater Club For Giving Candy Canes

sybarite

HAYMARKET, Va. (WUSA) -- They call themselves the "Christmas Sweater Club" because they wear the craziest ones they can find. They also sing Christmas songs at school and try their best to spread Christmas cheer.

Now all 10 of them are in trouble because of what they did at their school.

"They said, 'maliciously maim students with the intent to injure.' And I don't think any of us here intentionally meant to injure anyone, or did," said Zakk Rhine, a junior at Battlefield High School.

The boys say they were just tossing small two-inch candy canes to fellow students as they entered school. The ones in plastic wrap that are so small they often break apart.

Skylar Torbett, also a junior, said administrators told him, "They said the candy canes are weapons because you can sharpen them with your mouth and stab people with them." He said neither he nor any of their friend did that.

Next thing they knew, they were all being punished with detention and at least two hours of cleaning. Their disciplinary notices say nothing about malicious wounding but about littering and creating a disturbance.

"It was at 7 in the morning, before school even starts, so I don't what we'd be really disrupting," said Cameron Gleason, also a junior.

http://princewilliamcounty.wusa9.com...al-high-school

Better watch out or I will hit you with my two inch candy cane, lol!

squirt

Administrator
gives new meaning to the term "caning" ? lol :hide:

how ridiculous can some people be??? :crazy:

Flynn

Wouldn't a sharp artistist pencil do more damage than a candy cane that had been sucked into a spear shape ?

It wouldn't take too much imagination to come up with a much better weapon than a pointy candy cane.

A cirlce drawing compas, ceramic shards from the art class bin.......do you see the pattern forming......be wary of art students they have all the best weapons.

squirt

Administrator
where there's a will, there's a way! lol
there's a lot worse things in schools to worry about! :crazy:

sybarite

Wouldn't a sharp artistist pencil do more damage than a candy cane that had been sucked into a spear shape ?

It wouldn't take too much imagination to come up with a much better weapon than a pointy candy cane.

A cirlce drawing compas, ceramic shards from the art class bin.......do you see the pattern forming......be wary of art students they have all the best weapons.[/SIZE]
Yes, with their reasoning, all sharp objects should be confiscated. Pencils, pens, hair barrettes, earrings, etc. Maybe they should make the students wear prison jumpers and sandals.

essex boy

Super Moderator
LOL,When I was at School the teachers threw a lot more than Candy Canes.
One said "I've heard about you lot,any trouble and see the rafters above your heads..the first one to start will be hanged from there."
Imagine that these days,fair to say that lesson we was always on our very best behaviour