How 'bout This?

Saz

Humans have developed advanced technology to help in their daily lives eg. cars, electricity and even internet. But is it really helping? Maybe, maybe not...Some inventions do help us to a extent but there are always bad side-effects. Should we be contented then, when we invented the basics that can help us survive? Is it really neccessary to make things more complicated like now? Did it really help in our lives or did it just give us more problems? Could we be more happy without such technology? Do we have a choice?

Argh, I'm having problems conveying the question properly across. I wonder if you all understand what I'm trying to say??? :eek:mg, nevermind then...

shedevil

I think I get what U mean. I'm not that old but I remember growing up things were quite different. Has technology hurt us? I think we abuse the advancements that have been accomplished. As a society we want instant gratification and all our questions answered immediately. Because of this we have become impatient, ie road rage, impersonal, When is the last time you went inside the bank instead of the ATM? And maybe a little lazy, On a beautiful day/night do you sit in front of this screen or enjoy a lazy summer breeze on the porch?
I don't think technology is bad. I think like most things that make life easy it's simply abused at times. And every person has to decide what is important to them messy and complicated human contact or the consistent ease of technology.

Goofy

Actually I always go into the bank to make my deposits cept for this past one when the bank I use got robbed (before I got there) and the only thing open was the drive thru. I would just rather deal with banking on a person to person level than a machine. Only time I use the atm is when the banks closed and I need cash without buying anything from a store.

I think I get your question Sazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz of course we'd be happy because we wouldn't know anything different. The people of yesterday were just as happy without fast cars or puters or electricity for that matter. All because they never knew such things existed. True some "progress" isn't always for the better but most is I believe. Just think if it wasn't for the personal computer being invented you'd have no one to answer the question you posed cept family and neighbors. :hehe: :hehe:

IZaNaMI

A Premium Jokaroo'er
[color=e27eff]I don't think that it's the technology that is necessarily "bad" but maybe the way it is used by the consumer. Most things are invented to make our lives easier, safer, more productive etc.

Personally I don't let it take over my life (I do my banking inside the branch, face to face, I DO go outside on sunny, and indeed miserable days and so on and so forth) Some people may decide to let technology take over their daily lives, I prefer not to, but I do like the choice of having certain things available to me.
[/color]

~L!te5~

It's us human who juz nvr get enough of the technology. We re always demanding more of everything, aren't we??

eaglelover

It has good and bad side effects.. If abused theese advancements can hurt you or your loved ones.. If respected they all have there positives... I live in a community where ALOT of amish live.. no electric .. no cars,,,.. tons of kids.... but ya know they have everything they need and would have it no other way.. so if we had grown up used to something like this we would not even miss it...

Patrish

A Premium Jokaroo'er
Personally, at this point, I doubt ppl would be able to go back.

Not the high tech stuff necessarily, but the cell phones provide security, and puters provide companionship and acceptance where there wasnt any.

Basically, we are soft now. ;)