In Loving Memory ♥

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
What a Beautiful memorial to are Roo Family of friends dear Squirt Bravo gf
I cry every time I come in here tho..:cry:

82xygyx.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I don’t know how to say this but today I tagged Homie in a FB post because it’s Veterans Day on his Facebook page someone posted something to him about Veterans Day and said You will never be forgotten Rich Moreland RIP 😭 I couldn’t believe what I was reading and I left a comment asking what that meant. I then messaged Homies friend who we’re both friends with and she said check Calif death records, so I did a search and found his name on #26 but I don’t have a date, funny thing is I tried to call him again today and the number doesn’t work. Deep in my heart I just knew and of all days Veterans Day would be the day he would pick for it to be known

He used to tell me You can’t keep this old King down ~ I am so sad 😭 I loved him and I’ll never forget us going in the commissary to get stuff for samores he had his Vets hat on he always wore and he said Hi to everyone I’ll never forget him EVER if anyone can find the date he passed his name is Richard Wayne Moreland Moreno Valley, Calif Riverside county 😭😭😭

squirt

Administrator
I have searched myself blind ~ it's stupid how they make it so hard!
I've searched VA records, social security records, newspapers, death certificates, obits, and vital records

I can't wrap my head around it either ~ it's hard to think of him gone
seems like it was just yesterday I was kissing his cheek
that pic of me in the Roo gallery was taken while we were visiting the Bush Museum here in Dallas
he vowed to get even with me when I took them to my DIL's restaurant where she comp'd our meals lol
neither one of us paid for it! lol

my king, don't give up on me
I'll be there when my chores are through
I don't know how long that will be
but I'm not gonna let you down, darlin' wait and see

And between now and then, till I see you again, I'll be loving you ... love me ♥

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I got a reply from the gal she said he passed away in March 😭
I asked her in private message what happened
it’s so hard because he was loved by all of us 😭

his last text to me was March 19 I had shared the love and prayers sent to him
on the Roo he said Tell Bamber I said Hi and thank you the same goes for little
squirty too ~ I told him Laila said Bless his heart he’s been on my mind
Then I sent him a Birthday text May 10 but he was already gone 😫

I just keep thinking he wanted us to find out on Veterans Day 😢

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I got a message from his friend Sally

Carol, I’m not sure what happened to Rich. He passed away in March from heart failure. We were all in shock and sad. Sunni is doing okay. Her son & daughter-in-law are helping her.
Hope you all are doing well. Sally
Rich was buried at Riverside National cemetery with honors 🇺🇸

Today I’m reflecting on a man I call a Hero who was in the Vietnam War and suffered severe PTSD from it and lived many more years than he should of with the dreaded lung cancer and carrying oxygen with him wherever he went, he outlived the odd’s and he remained sober for years, he just kept falling and hurting himself, his poor body gave out. I will remember all our conversations and laughs. He was a character and Roo’ers on Facebook are saying he was their favorite I can only imagine he’s having a ball with all his Roo princesses and his beloved dog Rascal
He would want us to smile and laugh and remember him like that
If I’m ever in Riverside
I’ll be sure to stop by and see him He’s my Hero 🇱🇷
and he was 84 years old and he met his son he didn’t know he had and bought his dream car
his Corvette I think he did alright ❤

EB804DDB-5BCB-4D9F-A1DE-28FDBCF4D311.jpeg

queen isabella

I am still in shock. Rich seemed so bigger than life {with his small stature:LOL:}. We talk on the phone every blue moon but a lot in emails and IMs.
He would share lots of memorable things and I'd look forward to see what I'd have in my mail from him daily. I was delighted when he was on one of his many road trips across the country and he said "Ok I'm leaving {where ever he was at the time} and I plan to be in GA in about 3 hours I'll let you know when I get to the campsite" I didn't see him the first day but was over for 4 days to hang out afterwards. He stayed in the beautiful Stone Mountain National Park. Being a typical southern I came with rolls, mashed potatoes, and gravy. FRIED CHICKEN, green beans, mac and cheese and an apple pie {should have been peach cobble but I didn't have any peaches on hand} and of course SWEET TEA! We ate at the picnic table right outside his camper. I remember when I first saw him coming out of the RV I got the biggest smile and said "Oh WOW King Homie looks like a Gnome" He had a bushy long beard and his hair was long and I think he was about 5' 3"or 4. When we hugged I whispered in his ear.." Mmm did you ever think we ROYALS would ever meet in person? This is like a dream come true"
Met Sunni and Rascal who looked like a little fat sausage. We loaded up in Rich's jeep and went riding around the park it is 5 miles the actual rock of granite .its elevation is 1,686ft . Then we drove down by the lake. The next day we went to the Laser Show which doesn't start till it gets dark. Folks had their blankets, lawn chairs etc out on the lawn, the show is about an 90mins Then the next day we went and toured the village and did a show. There is so much to do in there. I'll have to try and find some pics we took together and post them.
1605387115066.png

Last edited:

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
well Homie bro..what can i say that hasnt already been said..it was quite the shock to hear the news of your passing
we ROO'ed quite often and chatted on the other forum as well..i have all the emails and prayers you sent me while i was in the coma
i was proud to call you bro..i will miss you deeply but will always remember your kindness to me and my daughter
i was looking forward to seeing you in person as you had planned to take a road trip up this way
now we will have to wait to meet on the other side

Bro you fought the good fight good and faithful soldier and now your war is over rest peacefully in the Lord's arms
knowing you touched so many lives and were loved by so many while here on Earth
Till we meet on that beautiful shore brother..RIPsoldiersalute1.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
he was definitely one of a kind and quite the character he had an impact on people that’s for sure.
We used to talk about TV shows his favorite was Big Brother and Survivor my phone would go berserk ding ding ding with texts after texts if something good happened lol Funny now that I think of it he kind of was everybody’s Big Brother ♥

I remember once I told squirt I wonder how we could get ahold of Homie he hadn’t been on
for awhile, she said let’s do a wellness check So she called the police and they went over there
and he was ok, I remember he couldn’t get over the fact we had the police come over lol

maybe we can sticky his personal thread it was nice looking through it 😭

I miss him and one thing that he was very proud of was being A Veteran

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
OMG! I too am shocked and did not know he lived in Moreno Valley that only like 10 miles from me, if I knew that I would of made it a point to visit.
My heart goes out...
He knew you lived close you’ve just forgotten Steven in this thread you chatted about
being neighbors ♥♥King Homie needs our prayers♥♥
Wish you could of met too you would of had a blast together ☺