Interesting Quotes

LAWRENCE

To get something done, a committee should consist of no more than three men, two of whom are absent.
--Robert Copeland

People are lonely, because they build walls instead of bridges.
--Unknown

When we hear news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.
--Voltaire

LAWRENCE

The sages do not consider that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe, rather, that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his mistakes and continually make a new man of himself.
--Wang Yang-Ming

When everything seems to be going against you, remember the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
--Henry Ford

LAWRENCE

I'm so old they've cancelled my blood type. - Bob Hope

As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can't remember the other two. - Sir Norman Wisdom

Yes, time flies. And where did it leave you? Old too soon...smart too late. -Mike Tyson

You know you're getting fat when you can pinch an inch on your forehead. - John Mendoza

As we grow older, our bodies get shorter and our anecdotes longer.- Robert Quillen

People say that age is just a state of mind. I say it's more about the state of your body. - Geoffrey Parfitt

JackPumpkin

I don't have any quotes to contribute at the moment, but I want to thank you guys for sharing! Those were really good and most of those I haven't heard of so it was refreshing and really uplifting! Thanks again! :)

LAWRENCE

The family fireside is the best of schools.

--Arnold Glasgow

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation, for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.

--George Washington

Grow old along with me. The best is yet to be; the last of life for which the first was made.

--Robert Browning

LAWRENCE

Parents are not quite interested in justice. They are interested in quiet.

--Bill Cosby

Talking to men for God is a great thing, but talking to God for men is greater still.

--E.M. Bounds

While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.

--Angela Schwindt

LAWRENCE

A good marriage is the union of two good forgivers.
--Ruth Bell Graham

What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
--Sir John Lubbock

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
--George Eliot

LAWRENCE

Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training.
Anna Freud

They do not love who do not show their love.
William Shakespeare

We must constantly build dykes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

LAWRENCE

Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.
Evelyn Waugh

If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

The purpose of life is a life of purpose.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

LAWRENCE

A man who makes trouble for others is also making trouble for himself.
Chinua Achebe

You pile up enough tomorrows and you'll be left with nothing but a bunch of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.
Meredith Willson

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.
Carl Jung

LAWRENCE

Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.
Helen Keller

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Optimism is essential to achievement and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress.
Nicholas Murray Butler

Hospitality is making your guests feel at home, even if you wish
they were.
Annom

Last edited:

LAWRENCE

If there is one thing upon this earth that mankind love and admire better than another, it is a brave man. It is the man who dares to look the devil in the face and tell him he is a devil.
James A. Garfield

All high achievers plan their work and work their plan, for they are keenly aware that luck is most often being prepared to take advantage of a situation.
Unknown

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole, experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.
Helen Keller

LAWRENCE

Look to your health and if you have it, praise God and value it next to conscience, for health is the second blessing that we mortals are capable of. A blessing money can't buy.
Izaak Walton

The things that come to those who wait may be the things left by those who got there first.
Unknown

When we accept tough jobs as a challenge to our ability and wade into them with joy and enthusiasm, miracles can happen.
Arland Gilbert

LAWRENCE

Search others for their virtues, thyself for thy vices.
Benjamin Franklin

Treasure the love you have received above all. It will survive long after your gold and good health have vanished.
Unknown

If you wish to know what a man is, place him in authority.
Yugoslav proverb

LAWRENCE

Envy is the art of counting the other fellow's blessings instead of your own.
Harold Coffin

Hard things are put in our way, not to stop us, but to call out our courage and strength.
Unknown

Aim at the sun and you may not reach it, but your arrow will fly far higher than if you had aimed at an object on a level with yourself.
F. Hawes

LAWRENCE

Never go out to meet trouble. If you will just sit still, nine cases out of ten, someone will intercept it before it reaches you.

Calvin Coolidge

I can think of nothing less pleasurable than a life devoted to pleasure.

John D. Rockefeller

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it, the tree is the real thing.

Abraham Lincoln

LAWRENCE

Who invented the brush they put next to the toilet? That thing hurts!"
Andy Andrews

Flow with whatever is happening and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.
Unknown

Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
M. Scott Peck

Happiness consists not in having much, but in being content with little.
Unknown

Last edited:

LAWRENCE

Knowledge is having information. Wisdom is knowing what to do with it. Intelligence is doing it.
Peter Stern

Bureaucracy defends the status quo long past the time when the quo has lost its status.
Laurence J. Peter

When you take a risk and step out of the norm, you run the risk and sometimes you fail. But you only fail if you give up.
J. Peterman

LAWRENCE

It's not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.
Hans Selye

Optimists make the best of it when they get the worst of it.
Unknown

Life is a quarry, out of which we are to mold and chisel and complete a character.
Goethe