It's May in July

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="likeaneagle, post: 4899750]amen. The Ashes remain ours...[/QUOTE]

Not at the moment you don't unless you've declared yourself English....:england::englishthumb:

likeaneagle

[QUOTE="kipper, post: 4899753]Not at the moment you don't unless you've declared yourself English....:england::englishthumb:[/QUOTE]

I am an aussie true blue
Ill will never forget my country of birth though!:graf:

Tsalagi

How is May coming along? Has she formed a cabinet yet?
When will we see her answering "Questions for the PM?

T

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
Yes, she has formed a Cabinet. Prime Minister's Questions are at noon on Wednesdays, when Parliament is sitting.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Tsalagi, post: 4900754]How is May coming along? Has she formed a cabinet yet?
When will we see her answering "Questions for the PM?

T
[/QUOTE]
She has indeed, even got a matching wardrobe and dressing table I believe....

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
Mostly, members of her own party asked "questions" that were just ways of saying how much they like her. No insight was gained into what her new policies are going to be.

Tsalagi

It's rather like that in PMQ. After the party in power's leader and the Opposition party's ??leader?? exchange asking and not answering each other's question of the day, then the back bench of the P.I.P praises the PM and his/her leadership, and the O.P. back benchers ask why haven't the P.I.P given more to their constituency members.

And the Speaker of the House will shout "Order" if they get too rowdy.

Ayesha Hazarike wrote in The Guardian:

[FONT=&quot]"Theresa May had a brutally brilliant PMQs debut. To be fair, first outings generally go well and she had an embarrassment of riches gifted to her by a Labour party falling apart at the seams. But sometimes PMQ open goals can be easier to flunk than people think.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yet May rose to the occasion and hit the back of the net again and again. As a Labour supporter, it was excruciating to witness. She was confident, not referring to notes, and exuded cool authority – but most importantly showed she has the capacity to think on her feet and capitalise in an opportunity to land a punch. And Jeremy Corbyn gave her plenty of those. He kept moving between topics and asking open questions, which just allowed her to trot out her top-line positive messages and then go on the attack.
The worst moment for Corbyn was when he asked an earnest question about job insecurity and bad bosses without any self-awareness. Tom Watson’s face showed he knew exactly what was coming. May resisted going for the obvious gag straight away, which made it all the more painful. Her riff about bad bosses who won’t listen to workers and exploit the rules was both funny and politically true, which is why it worked. It was clearly prepared (so hats off to her team) but she delivered it effectively, at the right moment and with a touch of theatrical flourish that she clearly enjoyed and the chamber loved."
What she actually said to Corbyn was:
“I suspect that there are many members on the Opposition benches who might be familiar with an ‘unscrupulous boss’. A boss who doesn’t listen to his workers. A boss who requires some of his workers to double their workload. Maybe even a boss who exploits the rules to further his own career. Remind him of anybody?”

As a non-partisan observer, I rather enjoyed it. By the way, if you type PMQ into Google, you can watch the whole thing!

T
[/FONT]

Bamber

Super Moderator
And that is precisely why the general public quite rightly don't trust politicians. They are generally more interested in scoring points off each other, which does precisely nothing for the country, rather than what they were put there to do. And paying themselves from our taxes to do so.

Arseholes.

sybarite

Establishment career politicians are all the same. Lying and lining their pockets.

Vinnie

PMQs is always pure theatre. If you want to see teh House of Commons at work then look at the various committee rooms.

Bamber

Super Moderator
If I want theatre I'll go to the theatre. I'm not paying taxes for theatre, I'm paying them for government. In any other job, pratting about gets you fired.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Tsalagi, post: 4904563]Death by committee!
About the most horrible way to go.

T
[/QUOTE]

Best thing I ever heard about committee's was that they are " A collection of the unworthy elected by the unwilling to do the unnecessary"