Job Probs!!

AutumnRain

love my job..
love the kids
enjoy the company of my workmates
HATE my boss... despise his arselicker sidekick...

recently I have had the flu, so I had.. 2 days at home! 2 days.. wow
after that my daughter was ill so I took 1 day off
I needed today off as I have something a bit more pressing than work to see to and I get told
*NO, I cannot give you any more time off, othes have to cover for you and its not fair! If you do not come in to work you will face consequences*

hmm now here is my problem... I have 1 weeks holiday (paid) still to use... 2 days (paid) still to use and 99... yes thats 99 unpaid free days yet to use!!! I wanted 6 damn hours free..

This comes on top of my boss picking on little things.. when we make a mess we clean it up... so he comes to me last week saying I was a pig and I never cleaned up after myself, after a mess was left the day before.. I pointed out that laura was sick and therefore I wasnt at work.. he said that was no excuse! no excuse??? I wasnt there!!!
Then a little while later kids spilled paint on the floor and i said I would clean it up and wash the floor afterwards.. and he replied *if you cant clean up after yourself you will never clean up after the kids*

its this kind of attitude that is really annoying.. and his sidekick is a know it all who really knows nothing but kisses bosses ass all day long! i'm not kidding he seriously kisses ass... not thinking one day I mentioned that I was starting to look for work elsewhere.. 30 mins later I was called in and asked where I was looking for work and was I expecting a reference!!
To top it all off the sidekick and HIS pal, take the piss out of my accent.. I have told them time and time again that I am not a native, never will be and they shouldnt expect me to speak accent free like they do!

jobs are few and far between... HELP!!

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
Wow........sounds just like the ass hole I used to work for, I finally got a spur of the moment opportunity to take the job Im at now, and I love it...no boss, no attitude, and all night just about to myself to play on the internet...
This is the thing.
I think that you should try to talk to your boss and let him know how arrogant and rude he is being and that his better than thou attitude really is not fitting........*it may do no good, as was the case with my ex boss...but at least you get your feelings out and let him know very clearly that he can not disrespect you and talk to you in any kind of way that he wants to just because he is your boss....2nd you need to let him know and make sure that he understands fully that there ARE jobs out there and that you do not HAVE to work for someone that treats you poorly. Also let him know that he is pushing the line of harrassment......An employer has no right to demean his employees, it is against the law.

And it seems that if you have all that built up time, he cant tell you NO....thats the reason that time is there, and since it is company policy, you can actually report him to someone higher up for denying you that time.

AutumnRain

my problem is i work in a school.. so taking it higher means going to the local authorities and well thats a no no...
what really gets my goat is I cant get time off but his blooming sidekick gets to have 4 paid breaks a day where as I only get 1!

I knew things were bad for a while now but I chose to ignore it hoping it would get better.. but since a key member of staff quit, he is pushing his luck!
I dont mind having a laugh at my expense, good lord im not a touchy person.. but not all day every day..
I dont mind getting critizised, it makes me more determined to get things right.. id rather know I was doing something wrong..
But not allowing me 6 hours off to get something sorted when I have all that time free is just outragous...

ah shucks.. I better get off here and go to work.. thanks for listening xx

squirt

Administrator
ain't gonna change him, that only leaves the changing jobs option and *I realize* that's no easy task, and that you love what you do, it's a shame you don't seem to have any *other* course of action
:hugs: