My Husband ♥

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Cramping is usually caused because your dehydrated I buy Dasani water by the case in fact I’m headed to the store now to get a few last minute things were supposed to get snow and a storm like no other soon, so need to get more water and paper towels I gotta have my paper towels lol
when are you going to take a nap Missy lol get some sleepytime tea it really does help xoxo

squirt

Administrator
I want to talk about the benefit I'm getting from foods without carbs or sugar

once I discovered that I COULD eat, I began eating only the foods with no carbs or sugar, like meat, eggs, bacon, cheese, and salad
but I'm only able to eat small portions right now because my stomach is still in recovery from having basically no food, for so long

as I'm able to eat more, I'll have more fuel for things like focusing, and walking across the room lol
and as my stomach adapts to food again, I'll be able to eat more at each sitting

one more benefit: this is sure to bring down my cholesterol levels
if those levels are down, it will be a lot easier to reject the doc's notion of putting me back on cholesterol meds
I know lots of people have taken them for years, no problem

but after I'd been taking them for awhile, I began having seizures, I didn't know what to call them at the time, so I was calling them spells, but they WERE muscle seizures. and I was starting to have them more often, and more severe in intensity
the feeling would start in my arms and back, and it felt like somebody had my hands behind me, pressing their knee into my back
and I'm pretty darn sure it was the med causing it, because when I accidentally couldn't take it for like a week, the seizures pretty much stopped
I refused to take it again

I don't have clogged arteries or heart disease, we've proven that with 2 stress tests within 6 years - and I passed both with flying colors
remember? the doc had to tell me I have a good heart lol and that was just Thanksgiving before last
I think it's because I have such high energy levels and am hyperactive, and maybe even because of hot flashes
so A: I'm not building up clogging cholesterol in my arteries, because the blood isn't staying in the same artery for extended lengths of time
and B: I think the hot flashes could be helping control the amount, if any, cholesterol wants to start clogging

we have them for a reason, God is good all the time, and nearly all women begin hormone therapy at menopause, or when they begin to get hot flashes after reproductive surgery
I couldn't (or wouldn't) take the hormones because by the time I reached a dosage that actually impacted, my feet were swelling, I decided right there and then that hot flashes aren't so bad after all, and chose to live with them, they only last a few minutes, and I'm able to go back to sleep if needed/required
I think because I'm having hot flashes instead of swollen feet, they're helping "melt" cholesterol like heat does to lard
and I've been having them since 1998

squirt

Administrator
Cramping is usually caused because your dehydrated I buy Dasani water by the case in fact I’m headed to the store now to get a few last minute things were supposed to get snow and a storm like no other soon, so need to get more water and paper towels I gotta have my paper towels lol
when are you going to take a nap Missy lol get some sleepytime tea it really does help xoxo
I'm clearly not in the least bit dehydrated, my urine says so lol
I'm on my 8th bottle of water today, mostly because my body is demanding so much

but you're right, I think it's lack of magnesium and dehydration that make them start happening so much in our later years
I didn't start getting severe or frequent leg cramps again until I backed off the Dasani, and that was long before even Thanksgiving

they just got worse as I lost strength ♥

squirt

Administrator
I'm going to take a bit of an extended break, and have some fun posting replies I don't have to edit (images) and it doesn't take me long to edit one or two sentence posts lol

I've been pretty much just in here, because I wanted to get out what I wanted to say, and I wanted to say it correctly, which means changing some words (like I said but when I meant to say because), replacing skipped words to better get the real meaning across, fixing typos and removing duplicate words (like I'll post "the the" when only one "the* is needed lol)
so it's taking me at least over an hour to create a written post in here, and hence the edit, the lengthy posts in here, about half that for the shorter but still taking longer than one or two sentence posts

as my condition improves, so will my ability to focus
so, prolly soon, it won't take me so long to compose written posts
I'll be able to go to sleep easier when the pneumonia isn't affecting my pot hits
and it will continue to improve until it's right again, my ability to focus

I already know it's getting better, I'm making less typos, having to back space less, and I can keep track of my place in face to face conversations better, not right yet, but most certainly better

it looks like the server is having trouble again, the post won't submit or load from the drag and drop uploader
I'm going to go play some candy crush, and check back later
it WOULD happen when I was ready to go post and have fun! lol screams.gif
but at least it didn't happen while I was in here, I might have lost (forgotten) some of the things I wanted to say ♥

squirt

Administrator
looks like it's already back up, and I'm gonna go do some fun posting, mostly cuz I can lol
GO slava! ♥
(they might be working on the server)
I don't know for sure, because they don't tell me they're working on it, they might be, they might not be lol
and it just went down again lol back to candy crush! lol

well, I'm back and it's down again, I can tell it's "again" and not "still"
because I can see posts that were posted while I was playing candy crush
I'm going to go lay down then, and if it's not back when I'm done resting, I'll go do some PSP - yay! lol

squirt

Administrator
it seems to be back up at the moment, hoping it stays that way lol thpray.gif
even the drag and drop uploader is working but it's extremely slow, might reduce the amount of my smileys
and that's not exactly a bad thing lol

squirt

Administrator
I couldn't fall asleep when I rested, mostly because of the cough, but a bit because hubby's intermittent cough was getting through, if I was truly able to fall asleep, that wouldn't have bothered me

my coughing is rapidly decreasing now, because being well hydrated gave me the ability to cough more of the crap out
but I still have enough of it to be a problem when I'm trying to fall asleep
and even though I'm not coughing as much, I'm still coughing enough to keep me awake

plus I feel like there's something in my throat the whole time I'm laying down, so I'm swallowing more often than I would normally
this too serves to keep me awake
I think (believe) this is because I've learned to slow my breathing and make it more shallow, so it doesn't have enough force when I breathe out to be able to bring mucous up, but in my condition, I wasn't really able to make that work, my body wanted it out
I believe the reason your nose gets so stuffy after you've slept for awhile is because the lungs continue to get it out, but you're not coughing to help the process, so it's by-passing your mouth to get to your nose

squirt

Administrator
so much for PSP today lol
by the time I had time for it, I was too tired to FOCUS on a creation lol

and I haven't gone to bed yet, because I want to finish up on this topic, except for updates on me
and it will free up more time to do things like go finish our memorial wall ♥

I KNOW I'm getting better
I'm doing so MUCH better in conversations, able to speak complete sentences without having to stop and locate my place that's still in my brain
it's still happening, but much less severe and frequent

I think I'll be pretty much over the pneumonia by the time I see the doc on Wed, because I'm coughing a lot less, blowing my nose a lot less, skipping words a lot less, and making significantly dents in my typos, plus the antibiotics are really starting to kick in
my doc should be able to listen to my lungs and tell how much better they are
unfortunately, that DOES mean back to work on Thursday lol

but just gonna try to stick to simple and not very much physical tasks, like using the remote to clear ID checks
we're not supposed to, and I don't, but if they can get away with it, I'll be okay doing it for a day or 2! lol
plus it's just a 7hr shift, and it will be in the 70's on Wed, so it won't be nearly so fecking as cold in the store

one of the reasons there was so much misunderstanding about the state of my mental health was because I was having to search in my mind for some words, and sometimes I wasn't finding the more accurate words, that's a LOT better now too
and it's why I used the word "forget" instead of "I'm having trouble keeping track"
cuz a lot of my trains of thought were going right off the rails, never to be seen or heard from again

I cannot apologize enough for using "forget", it was the reason for so much misunderstanding about my brain condition
it caused ya'll to hurt and worry, when you didn't need to
but God bless ya'll, I couldn't love you more than I do right now, BECAUSE you got so concerned, worried, and speaking out about it! ♥
heartburst1.gif

I'm going to go to bed now, because I'm freaking exhausted!
and I think I'll be able to smoke enough pot to help me go to sleep tonight, cross your fingers! lol
I should be even better by morning!

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal God
Oh Dear lady just read all your writings No one really has told me that it's really important to be well dehydrated at all times. (see helped me out already). Guess I should really talk to my doctor about this and eating cause don't know a darn thing of what has carbs in it or not.
I force myself to stay awake as long as possible in order to get to sleep cause everything the doctor ordered didn't work. Oh and I self medicate too with alcohol. Can get pot here but have found out that in order for me to get a medical card for marijuana there is a law here in Cali. I will not be able to own any guns and that is bullshit. Besides never did like it even in the 60's before it was groove. LOL!

Knowing what you mean by knowing what you want to say but are stuck on the words to say it has been a big prob for me also, I don't worry about it though.

longwalker

Jokeroo Enthusiast
you'll really like what I had to say to him lol View attachment 84097

I think you reacted to the binding agents, not the flu virus itself, but that doesn't change the outcome, you still shouldn't get flu shots, because it will always have binding agents in it

I think it's the complete lack of ANY nutritional food for so long that's causing the focusing issues
I'm not hallucinating *yet* because my progression hadn't gotten there yet, and I was blessed enough to learn about nutritional foods I COULD eat before I got to that point

I've never seen anybody starve to death, but I think we're getting a good look at what begins to happen when somebody starves to death View attachment 84098

I've had flu shots twice. Once in the 70's when president Ford urged everyone to get a flu shot. I became so ill with the flu for two weeks I thought I might die! The second time was only a couple years ago. I figured I'd give it a try, maybe I already had the flu when I got the first shot. Well every joint in my body ached for two weeks! I'm not sure what I can do to prevent the flu, I have asthma and the flu is very detrimental because of the its effect on the lungs.

longwalker

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I'm ready to talk about leg cramps, as I began getting older, I began getting more and more severe leg cramps in the mornings, after I've been in bed awhile
I accidentally discovered that Dasani drinking water helps, because it contains magnesium
so I started drinking it all the time, instead of tap water or other brands of water
and my legs cramps were greatly reduced, both in frequency and intensity

but kinda' recently, I started drinking other water, because Dasani is expensive when compared
I was only drinking the Dasani at work because I'm only allowed to have bottled water at the registers
when I realized this, that it was happening because I wasn't drinking the right water, I started drinking Dasani exclusively
and I'm drinking so much water, I'm going through it fast, I'm about to start my 7th bottle of water, and it's only a little after 4PM!
keep in mind that I've been drinking LOTS of water, and I didn't figure out it was was the lack of magnesium causing the leg cramps until Thursday, so I picked up another case in my Kroger online order

I think I've built my magnesium level back up, because yesterday and today, I didn't have leg cramps keeping me awake and MAKING me get up, just the back ache, the cough, the hot flashes, hunger pains and needing to pee lol I'll take it! lol

the reason I wanted to talk more about this is because I think it will help others who suffer from leg cramps, especially severe and frequent
if you don't like drinking bottled water or don't like Dasani, you can get magnesium in the supplement section of the vitamins
just follow the directions on the bottle ♥

Squirt I don't know the type of back injury you have and you may already know what to do to relieve the pain. I have a degenerative disc, number 5 I think. I injured my back some 45 years ago getting clothes lined by a guy in a hockey game, but it never really caused me any trouble. After having a torn rotator cuff repaired and convalescing for six months I was feeling pretty good. Didn't consider my core may have weakened. So about two weeks before I was due to go back to work I was out in the front yard putting dry leaves in a bag. I turned to drop leaves into the bag and my back went spastic! I couldn't stand for more than two minutes. After a chiropractor and finally an MRI, I was sent to therapy and within six weeks I was up and dancing! So I'm leading to this, in therapy they had me do a number of exercises and even stretched me. The one exercise I still use is the leg kick. They used a weight system and I have one myself, but at first they gave me these elastic bands to use at home. I did it diligently! So now when my back begins to ache I do the legs kicks. Standing with a minimal amount of weight I do both legs. I do 30 total reps forward, backward, cross leg, and side. This all tightens the core and for me ends the pain if not immediately, then by the next day I'm good to go. This is a very common exercise and you may be aware of it or it may be a different kind of back pain, but there you have it.

Example:
!back5.jpg

pandora1

I'm clearly not in the least bit dehydrated, my urine says so lol
I'm on my 8th bottle of water today, mostly because my body is demanding so much

but you're right, I think it's lack of magnesium and dehydration that make them start happening so much in our later years
I didn't start getting severe or frequent leg cramps again until I backed off the Dasani, and that was long before even Thanksgiving

they just got worse as I lost strength ♥

I used to work with a woman who was 15 years older than I. She got leg cramps and swore by tonic water with quinine. Most of the stores here are Publix and she always bought Publix tonic water with quinine. She was very upset for a while when they removed the quinine because her leg cramps came back. Publix put the quinine back in the tonic water after people protested. She retired about 11 years ago and moved to another state . I remembered what she had used when I started to get leg cramps about six years ago and tried the Publix tonic water with quinine. I'm happy tell you it works! If I forget to take a tablespoon of it every night those nasty cramps come back. I buy the diet version of it.

squirt

Administrator
Squirt I don't know the type of back injury you have and you may already know what to do to relieve the pain. I have a degenerative disc, number 5 I think. I injured my back some 45 years ago getting clothes lined by a guy in a hockey game, but it never really caused me any trouble. After having a torn rotator cuff repaired and convalescing for six months I was feeling pretty good. Didn't consider my core may have weakened. So about two weeks before I was due to go back to work I was out in the front yard putting dry leaves in a bag. I turned to drop leaves into the bag and my back went spastic! I couldn't stand for more than two minutes. After a chiropractor and finally an MRI, I was sent to therapy and within six weeks I was up and dancing! So I'm leading to this, in therapy they had me do a number of exercises and even stretched me. The one exercise I still use is the leg kick. They used a weight system and I have one myself, but at first they gave me these elastic bands to use at home. I did it diligently! So now when my back begins to ache I do the legs kicks. Standing with a minimal amount of weight I do both legs. I do 30 total reps forward, backward, cross leg, and side. This all tightens the core and for me ends the pain if not immediately, then by the next day I'm good to go. This is a very common exercise and you may be aware of it or it may be a different kind of back pain, but there you have it.
I don't have a back injury 1kissheart.gif
it just starts to ache if I'm in the bed too long
but thank you, because it might help somebody reading this thread ♥

squirt

Administrator
I used to work with a woman who was 15 years older than I. She got leg cramps and swore by tonic water with quinine. Most of the stores here are Publix and she always bought Publix tonic water with quinine. She was very upset for a while when they removed the quinine because her leg cramps came back. Publix put the quinine back in the tonic water after people protested. She retired about 11 years ago and moved to another state . I remembered what she had used when I started to get leg cramps about six years ago and tried the Publix tonic water with quinine. I'm happy tell you it works! If I forget to take a tablespoon of it every night those nasty cramps come back. I buy the diet version of it.
when I first started reading your reply, I thought you meant liquid
you mean there's a tonic water powder?
and if it was liquid, I'd only need to take one tablespoon?
I ask cuz I really don't like to drink tonic water
I've been told that a daily dose of magnesium will, I haven't tried it as a daily supplement, but I'm gonna start!
and you'll see why soon lol 1kissheart.gif

squirt

Administrator
well, seems like more posting just was not in the plan for me today lol
I'm still quite slow in completing tasks, but it IS much better
I actually get out the stuff for taking my dentures out when that IS what I'm doing lol

I did get some sleep last night, quite a bit actually
but it was a rough night still, and a bit of a rough morning
the sleep I got was deep, and double what I normally get (keep in mind, that's not a lot lol)
but I had trouble falling asleep, everytime I got right there ... something happened lol
but I did finally fall asleep on the 4th try lol I have no idea what time it was
it was a very deep, healing sleep, I think I was asleep 4-5 hours (not being sure when I finally went to sleep), and I very very rarely get to do that

that's what caused the rough morning, and a DAMN leg cramp! lol
like I said, I was deep deep asleep, just the kind I needed, and I prolly would have slept longer if ...
not for that damn leg cramp! and I only had one leg cramp pill left in the bottle, you can bet I took it! lol
one did at least get it to calm down some

I got very rudely woken up in extreme pain because my left foot was tying itself knots!
and because I'd been asleep so long, my bladder was more than full
I don't know if you've ever tried to pee when you are having a leg cramp, but it's downright difficult!
plus one of the issues I was having I really didn't want to mention to you lol

one of the ways I've been able to tell I'm getting better is: when I've been coughing, I'm literally unable to stop the flow of urine, any!
but when I go to the bathroom, I've had to force it out
I've already had the issue to some degree (only after I've been asleep for while), but it's not that hard, and I have to focus some, mostly to make sure it's coming out, and to make sure I'm done lol
but not being able to control it at all is better

so ... when I was trying with that major leg cramp, it was nearly impossible, so I couldn't get off the toilet or I'd pee everywhere! lol
add to that I'd just been deeply asleep, and not ready to wake up, I'm still pretty weak (I'll know I'm well when I can cut those damn toenails! lol), and still have some trouble focusing, I'm also having distance judging issues, I tried to crawl into bed one night, and I'm aware I need to be careful, so I went to put my hand on the bed and had my knee ready to crawl in, I missed the bed lol my hand caught on the frame, my forehead was caught and cushioned by the bed mattress, but my knee also hit the bed frame, luckily not very hard, just scraped it, but it got it good, and it hurt all night
and for a couple of days

when I was finally able to get off the toilet, I wanted to take some magnesium, so I went to find it, I thought I knew where it was (where it always is), it wasn't there, so I'm kinda freakin' out a bit, cuz that cramp was so painful, and I could find no other instant remedy, I was going to have to go back to bed and suffer it out
coming out of the bathroom, I had stumbled a bit, easily understandable considering all the above
but going back to bed, somehow my feet got all twisted up in each other, and I fell, and I couldn't stop it lol
I did have enough presence of mind to help myself make sure my head didn't hit anything, and I went down grabbing onto things, that I couldn't hold onto, fortunately that helped slow the fall *too*

well, just my luck lol hubby was up getting ready for work, and when he heard the fall (finally knowing how bad I am), he came to see if I was alright
I was ok, but I wasn't good lol
with all the stress, weakness, pain ... I got the hot flash from HELL
I was able to tell him I was awake, I hadn't knocked myself out lol
but I really didn't have the strength or mental capacity (see below) to get up on my own, and I really didn't want to yet lol

I was laying there frying, sweating profusely, just NEEDING to go back to sleep, and in extreme pain - but the leg cramp did stop in the middle of that happening? lol I'll take it! lol
he kept asking me if he should call an ambulance, and I kept telling him no, I'm alright, I just needed to get back into bed
I knew ONE thing for sure, I didn't need to go to the hospital, where I wouldn't even get a chance to try to sleep again for HOURS
but while having the hot flash from hell and the foot cramp from hell, I just wanted to lay there for a minute (or 2)
when I was ready, I had him help me back into bed, but because I'm still pretty weak, and had just gone through quite the ordeal, he had to take my hands and lift me back to my feet (I love being married to a tall man! lol)

he asked me if he should stay home, you know, just in case (that was truly the last thing I needed lol)
and I told him no, I'm ok
that was about 5:30AM, give or take
the next time I woke up, it was shortly after 8, and I got up to do heaven knows what (but I did know at the time lol)
and he was asleep on the couch (and he says I never listen to him? lol) and needless to say, he'd decided to stay home (oh joy lol)
I'll admit it was nice to see him finally concerned, but I told him it sure would have been nice if he'd been that concerned 2 days ago lol
just my luck, he only got concerned after I didn't need him to lol ♥

Last edited:

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Have you thought that you might have some type of vertigo?

I also looked up legs cramps and needing more magnesium came up
it also said leg cramps cause the following
  • Muscle pain and cramps
  • Muscle weakness
  • Fatigue
  • Restlessness and sleep loss
  • Mood fluctuations and anxiety
  • Confusion and memory problems
In all honestly it sounds to me like your not getting better sometimes a trip to the hospital is the best
thing as you don’t have to play this guessing game any longer and get this sorted once and for all
and they have plenty there to help you sleep, once I was there with a neck ache they gave me
duladid I slept for 3 days lol
and what if it’s a blood clot or anything that needs immediate attention
You might be feeling better with some things but other things sound worse

Better late than never regarding your hubby at least he was there if you fell or needed help right away
you have to give him an E for effort he did stay home and on his own. Have him go get you
some magnesium and let him take care of you, I’d say it’s about time ?

Did you hear back about what the x-rays showed?

sending love you have so much going on I’d go to the hospital it’s about time you were the
getting taken care of ♥

Country17

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Perhaps you should have let hubby call 911. I called 911 for Mrs C on a Sunday night and by the time she got out on Wednesday, she was a new person. Before, her body was all out of whack.....white blood cells, red blood cells, oxygen count off, blood pressure up and down, hi temps, fever, could not sleep at night, you name it. Nurses, on moneters 24/7, doctors and specialists checking on you everyday. Plus, all you have to do is lie there all day lol After lying around all day before and sleeping most of the time, not remembering very well and not eating, now she is now back to her ole self, best thing that could have happened.
Just my humble opinion after what just happened to us. When you need help.....get it. Not trying to tell you what to do, just concerned.

squirt

Administrator
it wouldn't have happened just once if it was vertigo
keep in mind I worked for over 6 years in a pharmacy, 2-3 of those with a sage old pharmacist who taught me a lot, I really wish I'd gotten a lot more time with him, but I had some serious family issues, and had to leave Albertson's, I haven't worked in a pharmacy since
back then, after spending enough time with him to really get to know him, I really wanted to end up as a sage old pharmacist! lol
now I'm just a sage old woman lol and I'm good with that ♥

I already have the magnesium, already recommended by my doc, I just couldn't find it in that condition this morning
after I got some sleep, I immediately found it, naturally lol

I may be guessing but they are educated guesses, and I'm being made correct by my own body and observations 1kissheart.gif
I am much much much better, I type much better, I speak much better, I think better, I function better
but I am fatigued, I haven't had nearly as much sleep as I need, especially to allow my body to heal
I think that's why we have to sleep! that's when our body heals itself
this morning was just an anomaly, the perfect storm!
the odds of all those things happening at once occurring again are about as good as my odds at winning the lottery lol

I didn't get a call from my doc, that means the results weren't bad enough for the need to contact me, that's how his office works
if they don't call, I thank the good Lord! lol
I see him day after tomorrow, we will dicusss all this, promise! ♥
and ya'll will be informed too, prolly as soon as I get home, promise - I cross my heart I AM ok

and bear in mind, I'm not getting nearly enough nutrition, but it IS getting better, as I eat more, the more I'll be able to eat
and I'm not just eating bacon and fried chicken, I know better! I only get a few bites of chicken in me, for the last 2 mornings, I had one piece of bacon, today I got to eat 2! lol1happyday2.gif

the thing I'm eating the most of is salad, but I can only put a TAD of dressing in it, cuz it's got carbs, and it makes the salad sweet for me bleh! lol
but I'm ONLY able to eat a handful's amount right now
but I'm also eating a half of a banana today, that's about the most I can stand to eat anyway, and I'm not supposed to eat them at all
because of my potassium issues
and I've also had 2 boosts a day for the last 2 days, because we didn't figure out that I had boost until Friday night
so I've only been doing nutritional eating for 2 days, for both the boost and the eating, that makes today day 3
patience is the word of the day lol ♥

I listen to what my body's telling me
I am NOT the kind to ignore it until you HAVE to go to the doc
I am determined to NEVER be on the operating table again, it was by far the most awful experience of my life, I can tell about that later if anyone's curious, plus I saw what they did to Deb, and to hubby when he had his by-pass, I'm NOT going there again, unless I'm unable to make that choice, and they make it for me, like a car accident
I go to the doctor when I know I need to, and trust me, I do know
1kissheart.gif

Last edited: