my moody daughter!

AutumnRain

My 17 year old daughter is pushing her luck lately.. moods moods and more moods..shes worse when her boyfriend is around which is odd because he is a lovely lad..
2 weeks ago I took her shopping and asked her if she wanted a new jacket for the winter.. nope she said the one she has is fine and opted for a pair of expensive boots instead...
NOW, shes trying the guilt thing to get a new jacket..
its apparently too small (it fits), its not warm enough, its the wrong colour, its ugly.. I refuse to budge..
today its like -2C out there and shes wearing a tiny little sports jacket saying with the biggest sigh ever
*its the only jacket I have that fits*

bwuahaha if she thinks she can manipulate me shes got another thing coming!

Just Debbie

Super Moderator
Stand your ground!
My kids try that shit but they are old enough so I don't feel bad
when I don't give in or they don't get their way.
My kids know I am straight forward and like things to have a point.
I don't have time for the head games
I am assuming she is like any other teenager,give 'em and inch,
she'll take the mile - you gave her the chance,she didn't want it.

Ms.Diablo50

I have to agree with JD here... If she persist's on it tell her about budgeting and how you did buy the boots, Next take her to a 2 nd hand shop and tell her this all I have in the budget now pick one!! Next time she'll think twice before picking..

AutumnRain

oh shes just a snot... for a while she got what she wanted but i had to stop it as her behaviour was getting worse.. I put it down to her losing her father.. but noooo shes a moody hormonal teenager...
she *found* her wool jacket that she will *have to make do with* .. her words not mine.... she is NOT getting a new winter jacket when i know there is nothing wrong with the 4 she already has!

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
Sounds soooooo much like my 13 yr. old..............and she has more nice clothes than the rest of us, but she never "has anything to wear.." UGH Good luck, and stand your ground...She will thank you for it in the longrun.

squirt

Administrator
the way I see it, you gave her a choice and she chose boots!
so now she has to live with that choice
good job Mom! :bravo: