Obama's 2 billion dollar vacation to India, 3000 entourage...

sybarite

T. Paine
Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The dust has not even settled nor all of the carnage of the Democratic Party carried away after yesterday's near historic record-setting sea-change in congress with the American people vehemently and unmistakably repudiating President Obama and the Congressional Democrats' agenda of severe fiscal malfeasance, and yet President Obama is still seemingly oblivious to the message.

The Democrats' unwanted and largely ineffective spending which has added over $5 Trillion more to the national debt since having taken control of congress in 2007, including the passage of the un-constitutional health care act, were the primary impetus for voters' anger yesterday according to most exit polling.

So what does President Obama intend to do to correct his course? Why, he plans to leave the country for ten days starting with a visit to Mumbai, India. The costs estimated for this ten day trip are $200 million dollars a day, or for those not wanting to do the math, 2 BILLION dollars for the entire trip.

"The huge amount of around $200 million (a day) would be spent on security, stay and other aspects of the Presidential visit," a top official of the Maharashtra Government privy to the arrangements for the high-profile visit said. An entourage of around 3000 people will be accompanying the presidential delegation including government officials, journalists, and Secret Service personnel. Of course President Obama will be accompanied on the trip with his wife Michelle and their two daughters, Malia and Sasha.

The entire Taj Mahal Tower Hotel, 570 rooms in all, have been rented for the Presidential visit accordingly.

Now I certainly don't begrudge our president having adequate security on foreign travels, but it certainly strikes me as ludicrous to have 3000 people traveling with him in over 40 planes, while ferrying six armored vehicles, and several Marine One helicopters for his use while abroad.

To add insult to injury, India is not expecting any "big bang" results from the forthcoming visit of President Barack Obama, India's Foreign Secretary has said. In other words this trip does not significantly advance the interests of America nor India. It, seemingly, is a "much needed" vacation with a little diplomacy thrown in to justify the trip.

So with all of this being said, it strikes me that our president, despite the horrific losses his party just suffered at the hands of irate American voters yesterday, still has not heard nor understood the message we sent. Surely a man of such intelligence cannot be that politically tone deaf and that foolish!

With millions of people still searching for employment and the economy still not showing any significant signs of improvement, is spending $2 Billion dollars on a trip to India, South Korea, and Indonesia really the best use of President Obama's time and our taxpayers' dollars right now? I guess he will be surprised when he gets our next message in November of 2012. I guarantee you that message will be heard by him as he packs his belongings to return to Chicago!

Four words.

Let them eat cake!

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
I don't see the debate here, not one question mark. Should he or we spend 2 billion dollars on his safe passage?

Yes!

After all he is the president for the United States of America. And to this day am really surprised that no one has tried to take him out.

Why is he going there? I have no freaking idea. Or to just establish good relations with them. Do you see any of these peoples in a war that is financed by the U.S? Haven't heard anything myself but please do say so if I happen to be wrong.

I would also like to know where you got that information that he travels with only one helicopter? Last time I looked over at March Air Force Base wish is where the President lands when in California (and I live less the ten miles from it) there are 47 birds in the air and out of that only 6 are news helo's and cannot use the same air space the he is flying in.

Although I do agree with you that, that amount of monies is a bit large to spend on a vacation, if that is what you want to call it.

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="sybarite, post: 3511207]Four words.

Let them eat cake![/QUOTE]

:meme:

and drink koolade!!!

:waiting:

sybarite

[QUOTE="stevent222, post: 3511232]I don't see the debate here, not one question mark. Should he or we spend 2 billion dollars on his safe passage?

Yes!

After all he is the president for the United States of America. And to this day am really surprised that no one has tried to take him out.

Why is he going there? I have no freaking idea. Or to just establish good relations with them. Do you see any of these peoples in a war that is financed by the U.S? Haven't heard anything myself but please do say so if I happen to be wrong.

I would also like to know where you got that information that he travels with only one helicopter? Last time I looked over at March Air Force Base wish is where the President lands when in California (and I live less the ten miles from it) there are 47 birds in the air and out of that only 6 are news helo's and cannot use the same air space the he is flying in.

Although I do agree with you that, that amount of monies is a bit large to spend on a vacation, if that is what you want to call it.[/QUOTE]

This topic was debatable when I had the feeling someone would say the tax payers should fork out 2 billion dollars for Obama's vacation. He needs 3000 people for safe passage? Since when does the tax payers owe anyone a 2 billion dollar vacation? You think just because he's the President he should have a bottomless taxpayer piggy bank to frolic around the world?

Where did it say that he only traveled with one helicopter??? The article said he would be traveling with SEVERAL marine one helicopters. Please read carefully!!

The American people are going through hard times. There is record unemployment and forclosures. There is nothing like the President thumbing his nose at the peasants, and going on 2 billion dollar vacation. What a wonderful example he is! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Goodgrief

He knows very well he's not going to be re-elected. So..... Why not make the best use of the system while he's in power?
Isn't that a typical politician's tactic?

hortysir

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Any links or quotes besides a chain e-mail?
The number gets higher every time I read it
:noidea:

Country17

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Timing is everything.......good timing Obama!!!!

Bail out his banking buddies, set our country up for bankrupcy with Obama care and get his ass kicked all over the polls because of it, then go take a billion dollar taxpayer vacation.....yeah, real responsible

Could I have a mere $5000 or so so I could go see the grand canyon and a few other american national parks please?

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
Give the man a break, he knows he is not going to be elected president again, so he has to take advantage while he can...Hell, if that was my parting gift, I would take the vacation too...:rofl:

Flynn

The four largest economies in the world, at present, in alphabetical order are....America, China, India, Japan.

No matter what the personal JUNKET costs amounts to, if Obama goes to any of those three countries it can only benefit the American economy .

Flynn

Hillary Clinton is in Melbourne Australia with an entourage of about 70 people.

I'm not sure why members think Obama or Clinton should be hauled across the coals for promoting trade and building on elegances with international communities.

squirt

Administrator
Hillary Clinton is in Melbourne Australia with an entourage of about 70 people.

I'm not sure why members think Obama or Clinton should be hauled across the coals for promoting trade and building on elegances with international communities.[/SIZE]
that's not the gripe, surely that can be done a bit cheaper, at a time when a lot of Americans are trying to cut costs wherever they can, it just seems a bit extreme and luxurious to be spending so much when less will do

Flynn

Squirt

Everything can be done cheaper but that doesn't mean it will be done better.

There are 300 of America's top business people in India with Obama to sign import/export deals between the two countries.

Clinton is in Australia to discuss a range of international topics. Most important is the USA getting access to our radar tacking stations. Probably the most important topic is the building of USA military bases on Australian soil.

squirt

Administrator
well, I agree to a point, you do get what you pay for, but neither is there any good reason to stand in the shower and tear up $100 bills, his aides have aides who have aides who have aides who have staff and they don't all need to go!

Flynn

I understand why American people are pissed off about " The Cost " but you need to look a bit further into the future to see the benefits of political junkets.

hortysir

Jokeroo Enthusiast
When yer house is being foreclosed yew don't need the fur coat
:lookaroun

squirt

Administrator
he needs his personal chef because? and 12 teleprompters? he can't use 1 over and over? lol or even 3, one for right, one for left and one for dead ahead? lol

Flynn

I'm not a member of the Obama fan club.

I basically agree with your sentiments about the excess baggage that our politicians take on board once they have secured our vote.

In your terms I am a Democrat voter but I always vote for an individual candidate in preference to “ The Party Line Vote “. It’s a “ No Brainer “ to say that the hard earned tax dollars politicians take off us ends up in an Appropriation Bill that, us, as individuals do not support.

This particular trip by Obama, with all the excesses added up, will be money well spent if it adjusts the balance of trade between India and America. At this moment in America’s economy I know for a certainty that India is reaping the rewards of their exported goods, and, it is at the peril of America and Australian manafacturers.

Obama’s next leg of the trip to Indonesia, well, that’s just a home coming " Howdy Do " Mr Indonesian President of the USA.

What a joke Indonesia is.

It’s a hotbed nursery of Al Qaeda terrorists in the waiting.

Hundreds of Indonesians died after the 2006 tsunami, Australia sent food, health care, and engineers to assist in the rebuilding of tsunami affected Indonesian villages and the Westernised locals in Jakarta still hate us.

Point is, it is more relevant to this thread to discuss Obama’s home coming to Indonesia than to be critical of Obama securing trade deals with India.

Vinnie

Be interested to see how this figure is reached. If you include the wages and hiring costs of the military protection of a political figure then the cost rises dramatically. If you include the capital costs of the helicopters it rises again.

What is the cost of keeping him in washigton?

This is not a holiday but a work trip.