Roofessions

JokerooTim

Anyone here ever go to Roofessions.com anymore?

Well, since it's part of JMG's network, it's alright to talk about our own property here. (This is for the people who hate me for advertising a site...)

I'm in charge of it now, so what do you want to see?

I've already made a couple changes, such as the success & alert messages after every posting related function is used. I also fixed the spam attacks where users would hold "ENTER" for a long period and make long pages.

Please share your idea's. I'll be giving feedback, don't you worry! :)

- Tim

AndyandTim

Where would one go to find roofessions? I havent noticed it in the daily email I get.

Dangerously

Hello Tim.

Thanks for taking this task on, I have no clue what kind of schedule you’re on, but I’m sure taking over Roofessions just adds to the burden of work you have to do.

I visit Roofessions periodically, more so in the past than I do now. I originally discovered the site by accident, watched it for a couple of days and then actually requested some help on a problem I was having. Now looking back that was a scary thing to do, leaving yourself open to complete strangers. But I actually got some honest answers and concerned replies. I then became a regular observer there, making sincere comments when I felt they were called for and wisecracks when I thought someone was being…well just silly or ignorant. However lately I seldom go there. I always enjoyed the smiles and laughter the place use to give me, not to mention the camaraderie I found there. But now this rarely occurs because of the bickering, attacks and negativism that has taken over the “Roo.” I realize that requesting or suggesting you step in to stop these types of responses would be against the whole purpose of the site so I won’t go there, but I did want to express that it does cost the site some viewership.

I would suggest you make it a point to put on the newsletter daily one post. I realize that might not be easy to do since there’s so few posts to choose from that have any substantial contribution, but surely you can go back into the archive and find something to post daily. Doing this alone will make more people aware of Roofessions and possibly convince more people to visit and contribute. Hopefully just more people being aware of this site will amount to more positive contributions and possibly bring back a few of the smiles and laughter that are currently missing.

Again, thanks for your efforts and thank you to Jokeroo as well for putting you “in-charge” of overseeing the “Roo.” Good luck!

hortysir

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I recently visited Fessions, and browsed around a while.
While I did see some negativity (which is to be expected from Anonymos posters), mostly I saw genuinely caring and concrened replies.
One thing that stuck out at me, though, was the general disdain some have over there for "Roo" members. I had to point out that without Roo, it would just be Fessions!!
I think if the partnership is more openly integrated, and members (from both boards) can interact more easily we could have the potential of a member explosion! :bigsmile:

JokerooTim

[QUOTE="Dangerously, post: 3102301]Hello Tim.

Thanks for taking this task on, I have no clue what kind of schedule you’re on, but I’m sure taking over Roofessions just adds to the burden of work you have to do.

I visit Roofessions periodically, more so in the past than I do now. I originally discovered the site by accident, watched it for a couple of days and then actually requested some help on a problem I was having. Now looking back that was a scary thing to do, leaving yourself open to complete strangers. But I actually got some honest answers and concerned replies. I then became a regular observer there, making sincere comments when I felt they were called for and wisecracks when I thought someone was being…well just silly or ignorant. However lately I seldom go there. I always enjoyed the smiles and laughter the place use to give me, not to mention the camaraderie I found there. But now this rarely occurs because of the bickering, attacks and negativism that has taken over the “Roo.” I realize that requesting or suggesting you step in to stop these types of responses would be against the whole purpose of the site so I won’t go there, but I did want to express that it does cost the site some viewership.

I would suggest you make it a point to put on the newsletter daily one post. I realize that might not be easy to do since there’s so few posts to choose from that have any substantial contribution, but surely you can go back into the archive and find something to post daily. Doing this alone will make more people aware of Roofessions and possibly convince more people to visit and contribute. Hopefully just more people being aware of this site will amount to more positive contributions and possibly bring back a few of the smiles and laughter that are currently missing.

Again, thanks for your efforts and thank you to Jokeroo as well for putting you “in-charge” of overseeing the “Roo.” Good luck![/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that Roofessions isn't a hot spot for you anymore. Because of all the spam and hate, i'm enforcing a better admin panel there. At the moment, users moderate everything so that they can choose what they want to see.

Thanks for the feedback :)

JokerooTim

[QUOTE="AndyandTim, post: 3102098]Where would one go to find roofessions? I havent noticed it in the daily email I get.[/QUOTE]

I took it out of the newsletter because of all the spam and unnecessary stuff being said there. Until I re-enforce it with a better admin panel, I'll only send what I think is newsletter worthy.

JokerooTim

[QUOTE="hortysir, post: 3102308]I recently visited Fessions, and browsed around a while.
While I did see some negativity (which is to be expected from Anonymos posters), mostly I saw genuinely caring and concrened replies.
One thing that stuck out at me, though, was the general disdain some have over there for "Roo" members. I had to point out that without Roo, it would just be Fessions!!
I think if the partnership is more openly integrated, and members (from both boards) can interact more easily we could have the potential of a member explosion! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the negative comments is exactly why I'm taking over :p

Dangerously

[QUOTE="hortysir, post: 3102308]I recently visited Fessions, and browsed around a while.
I think if the partnership is more openly integrated, and members (from both boards) can interact more easily we could have the potential of a member explosion! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Hello Hortysir,

I find the “Lick me” Avatar to be humorous, thanks for the smile! It makes me want to go on the net and find a picture of a suggestively designed straw and add “Suck this” but I bet that’s already been done.

Anyhow, in the past I’ve been curious and have come to the forum and read a few posts. Those in regards to Roofessions imparticularly grabbed my attention, being that I visit there. On numerous occasions I read the same thing you put here, that members from Roofessions have a disdain for members of other boards. I’m a little confused with where you came up with that because I haven’t seen it, much less seen any interaction between boards. Me, personally, I would welcome any and all positive contributions and agree with you 100% that interaction between the boards could result in a positive impact on members.

On a side note…I got a chuckle out of the member explosion comment. God know how much I enjoy those! I’m looking forward to that happening again! “Honey, hortysir had a suggestion I think we should seriously consider….It's called MEMBER EXPLOSION! What do you think?”

Hortysir, one of these days you’ll have to explain your manicure to me. I bet there’s an interesting story behind it.

Last edited:

hortysir

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I had clicked on a newsletter-directed post (by HelpingHand, if I recall) and someone commented that Fessions had drawn alot of riff-raff from the Roo membership.
As to my name....Horty is a variation of my last name that my wife uses as a nickname for me.
She calls me Horty. Anyone else can call me HortySIR :D
I had someone accuse me once of it meaning whore-teaser :devil: never thought of it, until then :bigsmile:

Dangerously

[QUOTE="JokerooTim, post: 3102411]Sorry to hear that Roofessions isn't a hot spot for you anymore. Because of all the spam and hate, i'm enforcing a better admin panel there. At the moment, users moderate everything so that they can choose what they want to see.

Thanks for the feedback :)[/QUOTE]

Hey Tim again!

I’m pretty much Ignorant as to what an Admin panel is or what it does. I will say, I am curious as to what they will be doing. So any enlightenment would be appreciated, hoping you’d take into account my computer illiteracy of course.

While Roofessions might not be the “hotspot” to me it once was, I don’t want you to get the impression I don’t often visit. I just don’t go there a couple times a day like I use to. In fact, I’ve even met in person one of the members I met there and have talked on the phone to several others. People say you can’t trust people you meet on the net but there I’ve found that the people I’ve come to know are exactly who they portray themselves to be…atleast the ones I’ve met so far.

Once more thanks for your efforts and good luck with the new endeavor.

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Dangerously, post: 3102468]Hey Tim again!

I’m pretty much Ignorant as to what an Admin panel is or what it does. I will say, I am curious as to what they will be doing. So any enlightenment would be appreciated, hoping you’d take into account my computer illiteracy of course.

While Roofessions might not be the “hotspot” to me it once was, I don’t want you to get the impression I don’t often visit. I just don’t go there a couple times a day like I use to. In fact, I’ve even met in person one of the members I met there and have talked on the phone to several others. People say you can’t trust people you meet on the net but there I’ve found that the people I’ve come to know are exactly who they portray themselves to be…atleast the ones I’ve met so far.

Once more thanks for your efforts and good luck with the new endeavor.[/QUOTE]

Since I've come across this thread I've taken a few minutes to check out Roofessions..lol..while it makes for some ......interesting reading, in my opinion it's no different from any other site on the net dealing in sexual fantasies..lol..nuff said.

JokerooTim

[QUOTE="sexysadie, post: 3102484]Since I've come across this thread I've taken a few minutes to check out Roofessions..lol..while it makes for some ......interesting reading, in my opinion it's no different from any other site on the net dealing in sexual fantasies..lol..nuff said.[/QUOTE]

I'm working on making an Adult Only section on it. Just to categorize it a bit more

essex boy

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Dangerously, post: 3102468]Hey Tim again!

Once more thanks for your efforts and good luck with the new endeavor.[/quote]

With the Admin panel we'll be trying to end the hate posts/anon posters trying to be someone they're not and the troll posts.
They seem to me to be ruining the site,taking advantage of the anonymous login that genuine confession posters should have the right to have.

JokerooTim

Adult section is up.

Is there anything else in that category that should be more secure?

essex boy

Super Moderator
I've checked the other catogaries and the most recent does go to the top of the page.
Is there a way to keep the Adult Only out of the recent section or would that be to difficult?

hortysir

Jokeroo Enthusiast
How about linking the 2 boards with a Roofession tab on our home page and a Jokeroo tab on their's?

JokerooTim

[QUOTE="essex boy, post: 3103779]I've checked the other catogaries and the most recent does go to the top of the page.
Is there a way to keep the Adult Only out of the recent section or would that be to difficult?[/QUOTE]

If it didn't appear in recent you'd never see new adult confessions :p

JokerooTim

[QUOTE="hortysir, post: 3104154]How about linking the 2 boards with a Roofession tab on our home page and a Jokeroo tab on their's?[/QUOTE]

They will be linking together. Just in time when everything is done :)