Russian planes pummel Syria...

sybarite

MOSCOW – The presidents of Russia and France, which both started bombing Syria this week, held talks Friday about their military operations as they tried to overcome differences on whether Syrian President Bashar Assad should stay in power. A senior French diplomat said the two leaders tried to bridge the differences over an eventual political transition in Syria, as well as talking about the airstrikes by Russia and the U.S.-led coalition, and protecting civilians. The talks come at a time of tension and mistrust between Russia and the West.

So, how do you think this is going to turn out?

TwiztedAngel

Just what we need. A pussy and a thug practicing diplomacy. How in the world can this go well?

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
British TV is reporting that of 17 Russian sorties today only 2 were on known ISIL targets. That seems unlikely to reduce the real problems.

bbell

I think there are two American pilots who go by the call signs of Maverick and Iceman. Who are itching to get close to some Russian Migs. Ahhhh!! We no longer have to wax nostalgia over the days of proxy wars.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="bbell, post: 4763470]I think there are two American pilots who go by the call signs of Maverick and Iceman. Who are itching to get close to some Russian Migs. Ahhhh!! We no longer have to wax nostalgia over the days of proxy wars.[/QUOTE]

Well they sound like top guns to me, problem solved...

Goodgrief

Ours (N.A) are involved as well. But they aren't given the proper orders nor the proper power.

sybarite

Looks like Russia is taking ISIS out fast. I never thought I would be praising Putin for doing something Obama has failed to do. Extremely embarrassing for the United States.

Goodgrief

Extremely embarrassing for everybody! How soon has the rest of the world forgotten about Fascism/Terrorism/Domination that was going on in the last two World Wars? Did every school in North America and Europe burn all the history books?

Oh! I guess they aren't politically correct! But the facts are there for all to remember and history repeats itself because people forget or can't be bothered with the facts.

ISIS (ISOL) whatever they call it, is just as destructive as the Nazis were.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="sybarite, post: 4765351]Looks like Russia is taking ISIS out fast. I never thought I would be praising Putin for doing something Obama has failed to do. Extremely embarrassing for the United States.[/QUOTE]

Trouble is they're taking out innocent Syrians and their kids as well who have nothing to do with isis, rockets can't seem to tell the difference.

Goodgrief

No, rockets can't tell the difference. But well trained ground troops such as SEALS/and the equivalent can.

Vinnie

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4769014]No, rockets can't tell the difference. But well trained ground troops such as SEALS/and the equivalent can. [/QUOTE]

So you're pushing for a full scale invasion of Syria with ground troops and 15-20,000 infnatry? SEAL teams are no good inn a land war, they are surgical stike implements.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
THAT IS WHY ROCKETS WERE MADE IS TO KILL DOESN'T MATTER WHAT OR WHOM IT KILLS JUST AS LONG AS IT KILLS AND THE MORE KILLED ONE ONE SIDE THE OTHER SIDE WINS.

As for those rockets they are programed rto be droped on a dime. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Tsalagi

Dropped on a dime?

Wasn't it 10 Russian rockets that dropped far short and landed (exploded) in Iran?

T

TwiztedAngel

There are some short range missiles that can be programmed to hit a one-meter sized target. These may be launched from either naval vessels, airplanes, or truck-mounted launchers. With what they can destroy, one meter is close enough. While unforeseen factors can hinder the accuracy, those would be better than antiquated weaponry such as SCUD-type weapons.
If payloads are landing in the wrong country, it would be most wise to place the blame on the operators rather than the delivery system.