sexist or smart?

squirt

Administrator
China has come up with pink parking spaces for women
some are calling it sexist, some are calling it smart
I think it's a cute idea, as a mom of 3, I know I could've used a wider space when my kids were little
and anyone who's loaded groceries into a car from the side would appreciate more space as well
but ... I don't think it would fly in the U.S.A. lol

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
I too think it's a good idea although I can hear the protesters now. LOL!

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
Britain's biggest supermarket, Tesco, has had "Parent & Child" parking spaces at their larger stores for some years. They are certainly very popular with young mothers, and I haven't noticed any complaints. I think we ALL could do with wider spaces, but the parking is always pretty full, so widening more would probably cause more problems.

squirt

Administrator
that's a good point, I don't think there's many of us who haven't had our paint dinged by a car door!

TwiztedAngel

It does get difficult (when you get older) to climb in the minivan thru the back door, when the side doors are blocked off by other drivers whom really could not give a shit aboiut anyone else.

squirt

Administrator
so ... do you think there'd be man shaming if one tried to park there ... unless he had kids with him, of course lol
would we need a "mommy" placard, like the handicapped have?

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
I have used such spaces, with kids. I think I was supposed to have a card, but didn't have one.

squirt

Administrator
I don't think anyone would mind in that instance, but I see perfectly able bodied young men using the handicapped spots at the store all the time!

TwiztedAngel

I guess the only prerequisite to parking in a "woman parking" space ... would be to cut up your "man card".

sybarite

I think it would go over better in the U.S. if they have a woman holding a child's hand. Having just a woman's figure is sure to draw some ire.

squirt

Administrator
the ones in China aren't restricted to moms, any woman can park there
implying women need more room to park lol

Tsalagi

If a pedophile crossdressing man identifies as a woman, can he/she/it park in one of these spaces?

T

sybarite

[QUOTE="Tsalagi, post: 4884925]If a pedophile crossdressing man identifies as a woman, can he/she/it park in one of these spaces?

T
[/QUOTE]

As long as he shaved and his heels are more than 2 inches.

TwiztedAngel

Let's NOT change the topic of this particular thread. This one is about parking spaces ... not whom get to go to the loo.

Tsalagi

[QUOTE="TwiztedAngel, post: 4885075]Let's NOT change the topic of this particular thread. This one is about parking spaces ... not whom get to go to the loo.[/QUOTE]
Who said anything about going to the loo? I specifically mentioned parking! RTFP!

T

TwiztedAngel

FYI: I blocked MrT some time last year, in order to avoid the typical drama one might expect from such a person.

Tsalagi

Well, Gee! How did you manage to read my post?

The B.S. meter is over in the red!

T