Signature Space

Nympheas

I get the msg that the max is 100 chars including code. So far, it limits me to one pic even with short codes. 2 images pushes me over that 100 char limit.

Does this change based on mem status?

Not to say I want a book or anything in my siggie space :blush: but I would like to show maybe one pic I've made and also rotate tags sent my way as gifts.

squirt

Administrator
the way I understand it, the more posts you have, the more characters you're allowed

until your limit is raised, I'd be happy to add the pic(s) for you

squirt

Administrator
are you using the browser in EDIT SIG ?

or are you uploading like a post?

essex boy

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 3066807]are you using the browser in EDIT SIG ?

or are you uploading like a post?[/quote]

It's hotlinked through xzanga,reason it uses so many characters is because they use a lot of number characters for the savename.

I'm not sure about the character raise either,I think HortySir has a larger character allowance as he is in the Old Registered Members group.

squirt

Administrator
I've watched BNO go from bein' able to add only one pic to having several, unless you're still adding them for him but I don't think you are and I'm not lol that makes me think it's linked to post count, I guess we should find out lol

Nympheas

ahhh ok.
I was thinking that's what it was.
I'm patient. I'll wait to be fair :) But thanks!

I only thought of wanting 2 pics because I may be keeping my football tag all season :bigsmile:

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 3066807]are you using the browser in EDIT SIG ?

or are you uploading like a post?

umm.. lemme see if I can remember.
I go to User CP. then Edit sig. but when I preview or go to save changes I get the msg about the 100 char limit.

I'm just a little over 1000 posts. I need to get busy.
Starting my Ravens thread soon! (No replies to that Horty, lol)
[/FONT]

squirt

Administrator
you should still be able to get *at least* 2 pics in your sig, to do so, you need to upload with tinypic and copy and paste the image code into EDIT SIG just like a post ... remember that tinypic doesn't like nudity, not even bare butts lol

Nympheas

I've noticed that xanga uses more chars but they are the most reliable uploader I've tried. The second pic I tried was hosted at tinypic but since xanga's had me at about 60+chars (lol) it was done.
I know tinypics codes are much shorter but I don't want to come back and see a red "x".

It's all good though. I'll wait till I'm an oldie.
I was just hoping that limit I currently had would eventually change.
[/FONT]

ebtesting

A Premium Jokaroo'er
This is wierd..essex boy's test login here.
I have a 200 limit and have made only 4 posts before this one.
I'll play around with my post count and see what happens.

edit..test

Last edited:

squirt

Administrator
I've noticed that xanga uses more chars but they are the most reliable uploader I've tried. The second pic I tried was hosted at tinypic but since xanga's had me at about 60+chars (lol) it was done.
I know tinypics codes are much shorter but I don't want to come back and see a red "x".

It's all good though. I'll wait till I'm an oldie.
I was just hoping that limit I currently had would eventually change.
[/FONT]
the uploader Huggies gave us gives a short URL too, (and seems to be quite reliable) if you take off the parts you don't need ... (use the one that says HOTLINK FOR FORUMS 1)

Welcome to Image Uploader, a free image upload solution. Simply browse, select, and upload!

for this demonstration I'm going to put spaces in the code so that you can see what part you DON'T need ...

[ URL=http://image-uploader.com/ ] [ IMG ] http://image-uploader.com/files/xxlzdllfwiwiqlepwfwm.jpg [ /IMG ] [ /URL ]

what I've highlighted in red is not needed to post the image, it just provides a link TO the uploader

essex boy

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Nympheas, post: 3066848]hmm.. interesting.
You sound like me lol

I would be playing around and testing stuff out like that too.
Thanks for peeking with a different login :)[/quote]

I couldn't change my post count,it just autonated back to the real post number.
I'll change your usergroup to Old Registered Member and see if that gives you a larger character number.

Nympheas

the uploader Huggies gave us gives a short URL too, (and seems to be quite reliable) if you take off the parts you don't need ... (use the one that says HOTLINK FOR FORUMS 1)[/COLOR]

Welcome to Image Uploader, a free image upload solution. Simply browse, select, and upload!

for this demonstration I'm going to put spaces in the code so that you can see what part you DON'T need ...

[ URL=http://image-uploader.com/ ] [ IMG ] http://image-uploader.com/files/xxlzdllfwiwiqlepwfwm.jpg [ /IMG ] [ /URL ]

what I've highlighted in red is not needed to post the image, it just provides a link TO the uploader
I've got 2 now :D
Changed to the other uploader but the 2pics still put me over 100, but the allowance is different now. Thank you both! :)

There will be a Ravens tag in my siggie all football season now. Muahahaha
[/FONT]

squirt

Administrator
you're so welcome ... :inlove: just be careful about puttin' them side to side, better to stack them, so it doesn't stretch the page ;)