Smashed in the ass

TwiztedAngel

I was taking Phillip to work today, when I got plowed into by an uninsured motorist texting on the farking phone. We are OK, but it looks like I have to do some redneck bodywork to make it street legal again. I have the lights and diamond-plate aluminum for the job, just to make it drive-able until my insurance cuts me a check. Since the bitch has no insurance, it may take a while.

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
wow glad you all are ok..what the heck..was she thinking driving with no insurance and texting my oh my...some people have no common sense

TwiztedAngel

And she is about my age too! The family knows her, and she (was) a friend of my mother. It's funny ... the look she gave me when she realized whom she plowed into. At least she totally admitted to being at fault. Let's hope they revoke her license for being a total idiot.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Goodgrief

Glad you weren't hurt. There's one thing the U.S. should learn from Canada. You cannot renew your licence plates unless you have proof of insurance.

squirt

Administrator
it's that way in Texas, you can't get an inspection (required yearly) or register your car without proof of insurance, and therein lies the rub, you only need a card that says you have insurance on that car

Bamber

Super Moderator
Unhappy to hear you had an accident, happy to hear you're both OK.

If the US is like the UK, there are many more people who shouldn't be allowed to drive who do than those who are conscientious motorists. If cars hadn't become so much safer in the past few decades the death rate would be horrendous.

Goodgrief

The distracted-driving fines are pretty steep here, plus, you lose 3 demerit points out of 12. 3 demerits also show up on your renewal and insurance. Rates go up!

But morons don't learn. What the hell is so important that one cannot wait to call back once it's safe? If it's a death in the family, it's already too late!

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
Always had insurance but most of my car mishaps I didn't clam. Like in the middle of winter those trees in Wisconsin jump out in front of you.
I know if you flatten one side of a V.W. bug wheels and the other side a little bit more keeping them 4 ft 8 1⁄2 in. a V.W.Bug and drive on a rail road. And I also know how it feels like jumping out of one going about 80 mph because you see a train engine in front of you. While in court the R&R didn't press any charges they all thought it was pretty cool. Oh and going about 115 mph and a curve comes up on you and happen to not stay on the road I know how much a telephone pole cost and the labor of the persons replacing said pole. But never hit any one else to cause them pain. And really happy no one got hurt with your car and hers. Happy your ok HOney

likeaneagle

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4833721]Glad you weren't hurt. There's one thing the U.S. should learn from Canada. You cannot renew your licence plates unless you have proof of insurance.[/QUOTE]

Same here in Aussie! Glad you werent hurt!!!

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I take it that she will be getting prosecuted for driving and texting.

Tokentoo

Glad you are okay, and sorry about your car, but glad it wasn't any worse.

Could have been like our nut jobs on the roads yesterday

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I've been fanatical about driving since I was a kid ~ drove on private land from the age of twelve and have passed all the driving tests available ~ including the advanced course with the police and the Institute of Advanced Motorist [of which I am still a member]
We were always taught that you can not have control of a car if you don't have both hands on the wheel ~ [OK I also did a lot of rally driving] and sometimes that's a bit difficult ~ when I drive now, or even walk around our streets ~ I get so p****d off with the number of people, driving round with a phone in one hand and the other on the wheel.

So my dear TA ~ I hope that the right thing takes place after this incident ~ but am also so pleased that you didn't get hurt ~ it could have been so different # and that is what many drivers fail to appreciate when they are doing these totally stupid things.

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I`m not being sexist but women are the worst offenders using the phone while driving.

TwiztedAngel

On a positive note, her car got totalled. Otherwise, she probably would have fled the scene. I just got off the phone with my insurance, and need to try to contact the police (if they are in), and see if I can get a report number. This is a very small town.

having just got off the phone, they said it could take days to file the report. I did tell them my insurance is getting antsy

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Not too sure about that Steve ~ the number of time I've seen the 'white van' driver [male] turning corners, at some speed, with a phone to their ear ~ I think it's both male and females ~ as often I look in my rear view mirror at some idiot close up my backside ~ and more often than not it's a lady driver, or a van driver ~ I think the problem is that people today feel so safe in a vehicle that they have no conception of what what happen if they actually 'hit' something

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Defiantly women are the worst up here in Mackemland.It`s the same with smokers there are more women standing outside pubs and buildings smoking.
It must be a Mackem thing.
Sorry drifted off the subject there. LOL

TwiztedAngel

I have seen just as many men as women on the damned phone while driving. It's bad enough when they are talking. It is much worse when they are texting, because their eyes are not on the road. They cannot see whom they are going to hit.

Bamber

Super Moderator
I'm with you on the safety thing Peter, people do not appreciate how dangerously they are behaving.

As a biker I always maintained that car drivers should be made to ride a motorcycle for some time so they realise how vulnerable you are outside of a ton plus suit of armour.