Spreading Joy

Flynn

Not that I know anyone named Joy but spreading the name brings a smile to my dial.
So how are you all, who’s here, who isn’t ?
This is the best bit of Social Distancing I’ve been part of, besides for some Malware what could possibly go wrong ?
All good here, survived life to get to retirement age and now that we are able to be here and there and all over the Globe we’re staying within the boundaries of The Australian Capital Territory and living in the hope that all my fellow Australians are safely locked away in their own part of “ The Lucky Country “.
Keep smiling it doesn’t cost anything to do it and it can make others respond in kind.
Cheers. Flynn

AuroraAngel

Thank you for bringing a smile to my face. I am pretty good considering I tumbled outside Hyvee Store and injured myself. I forgot about the step down from the curb. Lol

I am healing slowly but well. It is making me feel my age. Lol

Keep spreading that Joy around. You are truly appreciated, especially by me. 😀

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
Not to worry Flynn I don't know anyone named Joy either. Yes staying inside myself also inside this gated retirement community even thou we did have one of the tenants die from this virus. No one is safe anywheres.

Flynn

Thank you for bringing a smile to my face. I am pretty good considering I tumbled outside Hyvee Store and injured myself. I forgot about the step down from the curb. Lol

I am healing slowly but well. It is making me feel my age. Lol

Keep spreading that Joy around. You are truly appreciated, especially by me. 😀
Hey there A/A
Sad to hear you’ve taken a fall, we are not children any more and it takes so long to heal.
I hope you have someone to fetch and carry for you but more important I hope you have someone special helping you recover.
Laughter, that’s why I searched for this place yesterday, I was looking for a laugh and was remembering the good times that happened on this board before so many people were banned for not being part of a moral minority. I never developed a great relationship with you but we both have friends who should be here.
Good to hear from you, hope we do it again.
Keep smiling I am !

Flynn

Not to worry Flynn I don't know anyone named Joy either. Yes staying inside myself also inside this gated retirement community even thou we did have one of the tenants die from this virus. No one is safe anywheres.
I live in Canberra, we are a landlocked part of NSW. Local government has banned people from NSW and Victoria from entering our Territory, keeps us safe but doesn’t do much for the local economy when the Nations Capital is locked down.
We had one infectious case today, first one for a month, hoping it stays that way. Australia has gone for suppression of the virus until we get our vaccination rates up.
So you’re right, it’s not safe anywhere and this virus will be with us for several more years.
Covid Vaccine will be offered like the flu shot in time.
Stay home, stay safe.

squirt

Administrator
smiles are contagious ~ I spread them everywhere lol

I think you've already found our memorial wall, that will tell you who is no longer with us

flowerforyou.gif

Flynn

smiles are contagious ~ I spread them everywhere lol

I think you've already found our memorial wall, that will tell you who is no longer with us

View attachment 133586
Wasn’t sure you’d drop by, glad you did.
Yes, I had a look at the notices but I’m more interested in the members who actually survived. I was pleased so many names weren’t listed. Maybe someone should get in touch with those who are conspicuous by their absence.
I’m pleased that the board is still functioning but there’s a lot of threads that used to be renewed by the minute, now, not so much.
My avatar has been reduced to an “F”, it feels more like F for fail and I’m not sure I should change it to feel good.
Cheers Squirt
From Me !

squirt

Administrator
a lot of them are on Facebook, I don't go there
I think there's even a Roo group
I often think of your old avatar ~ life is pain lol
1bighugs.gif

Flynn

I don’t have a whole lot more Joy to spread on this thread, well I could but one person spreading joy is like applauding with 1 hand.
So where’s the daily event happen on this board ?
Hi, I just got a visit from Federal Police Officers……………………… !

Flynn

There doesn’t seem to be an area on this board where people can just drop by and say hello. I either join onto a thread that is already done or add a new topic that wont really prompt anyone to participate.
The daily event for me was to be visited by our Federal Police looking for information on an immigration matter about people who lived next door. I was looking for a place just to say, I was visited by the Federal police and then see what other people were actually doing.
The Police being here was funny because we are Home Schooling our 9 year old grandson ONLINE. They live in Sydney which is in Covid lock-down, both parents work from home so we offered to do some of the online work with him. He got to talk to one of the Police officers while we were looking for phone numbers and addresses.
To my grandson it was way bigger than that and he got the rest of his family to check out the Police People in our house.
My very untrusting son was quick to the screen to get himself UN-Involved.
Anyway
So where is that spot where there is a running dialogue?

Flynn

All good, I had a look at what is trending on the board.
My views on Covid and Climate Change are no where near the general consensus of the board.
I see little point in upsetting some folk whose statistical information differs from reality.
Climate change has been a natural thing, there are several scientific ways of proving that. Scientists can also prove humans are accelerating climate change at this point in time. We should and can do something about it.
Covid19 has been declared to be an International Pandemic so I got vaccinated and am prepared to have booster shots for at least the next 2 or 3 years. Covid will keep mutating until someone provides a vaccine that kills it. This new Delta strain is proof of how adaptable this virus is.
So besides for me building a new letterbox there’s not much more more I can add at the moment.

squirt

Administrator
yeah, that's pretty much the only way, start a new thread or add to an old one
but this works?

ya'll are still in lockdowns?
do you have to wear masks too?
I got vaccinated too, but we're not locked down and we don't have to wear a mask if we're vaccinated
I hate putting that mask back on lol

that's a cool story about your grandson and the police
1sm088doubleup.gif

Flynn

I live in Canberra, the equivalent of Washington DC I guess, it is the Capital City but we are land locked within New South Wales and they are in lockdown because of an outbreak, a lack of vaccine and lack of will to have Astra Zenica. We have NO cases of Covid in Canberra but it is easy for people from other States to get here and use our airport, so most other States have banned flights in and out of here. I rarely wear a face mask but if there are crowds I either avoid the crowd or wear a mask.
My grandson was excited to see Police Officers in our house and was pretty happy that he got to speak to one of them.
So that’s what’s happening here, besides yourself I don’t think my personal anecdotes are of much interest to any other members. As you have already pointed out members from the past are using Facebook. I got a much better reaction about my grandson from my relatives and friends on Facebook than I’m ever going to get here.
It was good to chat to you.
Cya next time I get they urge to check in.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
Love the story about you grandson and the police officers Flynn. Now I am wondering how can I get the Feds to visit me. OMG! That would be some buzz around here and cause some excitement around this walking graveyard. Hahahaha!

Flynn

Stevent, funny you mention Graveyard, sorry to hear that your life has been reduced to an episode of “The Walking Dead”.
Compared to what was happening here 15 and 20 years ago, this is like a graveyard.

Squirt one of the reasons I dropped back in because I live in hope that someone will give the board “The Kiss of Life” and return it to the halcyon days of Jokeroo.
There are a lot of members missing in action !

squirt

Administrator
I carry that hope too, but I don't know what it would take to get it done, we're not getting any new blood
people come here now mostly to see each other, have a few laughs
many connect on Facebook, but that's not my cup of tea