Suicide

likeaneagle

ive thought about it for sure! i havent got the guts to do it!

01Aladdin

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4533862]Love your picture, Aladdin! But nowadays, hugs are only transferred from cell phones.

I only go shopping twice a week, sometimes I have to make special trips to specific stores. It doesn't matter. But I do expect some human interaction other than "Hello, goodbye".

Recently, my local grocery store brought in several new young employees. NONE of them could actually look me in the eye when they greeted me.
Small talk is out of the question. I'm dealing with robots. Are these kids all right? I don't freaking think so!

I'm happy to say that today, I had the pleasure of dealing with an older employee at that store. She was feeling sad about her vacation being ruined by forest fires while camping in the mountains. We talked, I made her laugh, she finally smiled and lightened up.

Yes, a mental hug is just as good as a big bear hug. But, if you don't unlock the door, nobody will ever guess you need one.

[/QUOTE]

One of the things i love about where i live is the socialness of just going to the supermarket. Most anyone will greet you or smile or say hello or even start or answer a conversation. It's almost a social hub there lol. It's actually unusual to find someoene who won't look you in the eye - and yes those are generally younglings, especially aboriginal younglings who seem born with a chip on their shoulder. However, if i feel its more about "the look" than an actual problem and i engage them, they almost always smile and say hello. I've made more friends in this town than anywhere else ive ever been. There seems but a handful of these non-contacters.

Sadly though, this idiots trend of cell-fome addiction and the inability to communicate without one is growing here too. It's getting more common to see whole groups or families sitting silently at tables in clubs/restaurants not speaking, just texting or snapchatting or what-the-fark-evering.

These people think they're being all social and have a million friends, but when they are in trouble - real trouble - they'll find them selves all alone.

And we wonder why our youth are so messed up?

01Aladdin

[QUOTE="likeaneagle, post: 4533931]ive thought about it for sure! i havent got the guts to do it![/QUOTE]

Good. You top yourself and i guarantee i will never forgive you.

TwiztedAngel

[QUOTE="01Aladdin, post: 4534461]One of the things i love about where i live is the socialness of just going to the supermarket. Most anyone will greet you or smile or say hello or even start or answer a conversation. It's almost a social hub there lol. It's actually unusual to find someoene who won't look you in the eye - and yes those are generally younglings, especially aboriginal younglings who seem born with a chip on their shoulder. However, if i feel its more about "the look" than an actual problem and i engage them, they almost always smile and say hello. I've made more friends in this town than anywhere else ive ever been. There seems but a handful of these non-contacters.

Sadly though, this idiots trend of cell-fome addiction and the inability to communicate without one is growing here too. It's getting more common to see whole groups or families sitting silently at tables in clubs/restaurants not speaking, just texting or snapchatting or what-the-fark-evering.

These people think they're being all social and have a million friends, but when they are in trouble - real trouble - they'll find them selves all alone.

And we wonder why our youth are so messed up?[/QUOTE]

Almost any time I go anywhere, I meet friendly people. Over 90% are women age 40-90. Kids have the faces stuck to the phone for texting, and men seem afraid to approach. It does not matter where its in town, or in the city... at the supermarket, mall, or Kentucky Fried Chicken. Most times, race is unimportant. I get a kick out of it when I can talk to a complete stranger for an hour, yet people I know only come around when they want something, and that includes family members.

01Aladdin

I wouldnt bother trying to interrupt a texting person. Stuff em. I find it one of the rudest most ignorant thing to do in public that there is. If they're gonna be that rude to me, then they aren't someone i'd want to know anyway.

likeaneagle

[QUOTE="01Aladdin, post: 4534462]Good. You top yourself and i guarantee i will never forgive you.[/QUOTE]i wouldnt care!.........ill come back and haunt you! and have look at old fella! LOL!!!!!

TonyHendrix

[QUOTE="konifur, post: 4525739]It`s how a person does it.To many do it by jumping in front of trains.I have seen many train drivers need therapy and some have lost their careers because of this .[/QUOTE]
I've a relation who's a train driver,drives almost every day between Glasgow and London and back again,he's seen it happen twice,both times he's had help,he told me if it happens again then he's packing in his job even though he's on £42 k a year.

01Aladdin

[QUOTE="TonyHendrix, post: 4540966]I've a relation who's a train driver,drives almost every day between Glasgow and London and back again,he's seen it happen twice,both times he's had help,he told me if it happens again then he's packing in his job even though he's on £42 k a year.[/QUOTE]

There was a story on TV the other night about what happens to train drivers who witness these suicides. There's no way to stop a train or avoid a jumper, and the emotional consequences to the drivers is harrowing. My sympathies to your train driver friend. Word is that driving trains these days is one of the most stressful jobs there is.

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="01Aladdin, post: 4541969]There was a story on TV the other night about what happens to train drivers who witness these suicides. There's no way to stop a train or avoid a jumper, and the emotional consequences to the drivers is harrowing. My sympathies to your train driver friend. Word is that driving trains these days is one of the most stressful jobs there is.[/QUOTE]

Another favourite target for suicidal people is a semi-trailer. Statistics show that most head-on collisions are with mini-vans, driven by divorce-bound women.

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
This subject really hit's home with me, After my bad Car accident I was put on pain killers & valium Now let me tell you Valium became my drug of choice because it made me not care anymore something I've always done is care far more for others then myself I was 23 yrs old at the time and already been through so much in my life, when my first husband decide he is going to beat me half to death with his cane he got from the car accident well I ended up back in the hospitial with the doctor telling me my injury's were worse then my car accident I was in the hospital for 17 days away from my first born son who was about 5 yr's old at the time, Well when I came home with more drugs from my doctor I began to take them more & more things got worse & worse for me until I broke i stopped eating my friend i knew got me drinking coolers So i pop a valium and drink a cooler and i was back on top of the world again this only went on for about 4 months by that time i was in such a depression that all i wanted was another valium I fell asleep setting up right on my living room couch when I woke up I was setting in a puddle of blood I had started to Hemorrhage
Were I was rushed to the hospital and was for 24 days & one day the doctor came into my room & said you have given up the will to live you are having a nervous breakdown at 23 yr's old, the doctor sends in a psychologist who had more problems then me he told me about all his problems & i was to weak at the time to care he ask me why have you given up the will to live I told him because I'm tired of being everyone's punching bag the one they dump all the Shit on I told him I am only human you can only take so much until you just want to throw in the towel....
That year the psychologist toke his life... But while i was in the hospital their was an old lady who was in the next bed to me who was praying for me & one day i dozed off and I saw my 5 yr old walk up to my casket with tears falling to his chest and he said was you so selfish you couldn't even think of me if no one in the whole world needed you I did & do I loved you I woke up from that crying my eyes out and i put the light on for the nurse to come into my room when she did I told her I'm ready to live & i'm ready to eat now see I hadn't eaten for over two weeks I remember the nurse saying praise God and she brought me in a liquid diet & that hurt so bad going down because of all the gas bubbles that had built up from not eating.... I had to do some real soul searching & when i was done with that I gave my heart to god because I realize i can't make it with out him in my life & I know that people will drive you to the brink if you let them but Life is a precious gift that if lived right will manifest into something beautiful.if one has had a great life will never understand how one can take his own life the pain of depression is real & it's ugly side says just kill your self that's why it is smart to get help or talk about it right away because it won't get better if you don't... I have never taken another valium since then....

Last edited:

01Aladdin

[QUOTE="Sexylady007, post: 4554850]This subject really hit's home with me, After my bad Car accident I was put on pain killers & valium Now let me tell you Valium became my drug of choice because it made me not care anymore something I've always done is care far more for others then myself I was 23 yrs old at the time and already been through so much in my life, when my first husband decide he is going to beat me half to death with his cane he got from the car accident well I ended up back in the hospitial with the doctor telling me my injury's were worse then my car accident I was in the hospital for 17 days away from my first born son who was about 5 yr's old at the time, Well when I came home with more drugs from my doctor I began to take them more & more things got worse & worse for me until I broke i stopped eating my friend i knew got me drinking coolers So i pop a valium and drink a cooler and i was back on top of the world again this only went on for about 4 months by that time i was in such a depression that all i wanted was another valium I fell asleep setting up right on my living room couch when I woke up I was setting in a puddle of blood I had started to Hemorrhage
Were I was rushed to the hospital and was for 24 days & one day the doctor came into my room & said you have given up the will to live you are having a nervous breakdown at 23 yr's old, the doctor sends in a psychologist who had more problems then me he told me about all his problems & i was to weak at the time to care he ask me why have you given up the will to live I told him because I'm tired of being everyone's punching bag the one they dump all the Shit on I told him I am only human you can only take so much until you just want to throw in the towel....
That year the psychologist toke his life... But while i was in the hospital their was an old lady who was in the next bed to me who was praying for me & one day i dozed off and I saw my 5 yr old walk up to my casket with tears falling to his chest and he said was you so selfish you couldn't even think of me if no one in the whole world needed you I did & do I loved you I woke up from that crying my eyes out and i put the light on for the nurse to come into my room when she did I told her I'm ready to live & i'm ready to eat now see I hadn't eaten for over two weeks I remember the nurse saying praise God and she brought me in a liquid diet & that hurt so bad going down because of all the gas bubbles that had built up from not eating.... I had to do some real soul searching & when i was done with that I gave my heart to god because I realize i can't make it with out him in my life & I know that people will drive you to the brink if you let them but Life is a precious gift that if lived right will manifest into something beautiful.if one has had a great life will never understand how one can take his own life the pain of depression is real & it's ugly side says just kill your self that's why it is smart to get help or talk about it right away because it won't get better if you don't... I have never taken another valium since then....
[/QUOTE]

You really are one of the most amazing people it's ever been my privilege to know and read about.

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="01Aladdin, post: 4555262]You really are one of the most amazing people it's ever been my privilege to know and read about.[/QUOTE]

I am Honored to know you as well....

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="Sexylady007, post: 4554850]This subject really hit's home with me, After my bad Car accident I was put on pain killers & valium Now let me tell you Valium became my drug of choice because it made me not care anymore something I've always done is care far more for others then myself I was 23 yrs old at the time and already been through so much in my life, when my first husband decide he is going to beat me half to death with his cane he got from the car accident well I ended up back in the hospitial with the doctor telling me my injury's were worse then my car accident I was in the hospital for 17 days away from my first born son who was about 5 yr's old at the time, Well when I came home with more drugs from my doctor I began to take them more & more things got worse & worse for me until I broke i stopped eating my friend i knew got me drinking coolers So i pop a valium and drink a cooler and i was back on top of the world again this only went on for about 4 months by that time i was in such a depression that all i wanted was another valium I fell asleep setting up right on my living room couch when I woke up I was setting in a puddle of blood I had started to Hemorrhage
That year the psychologist toke his life... But while i was in the hospital their was an old lady who was in the next bed to me who was praying for me & one day i dozed off and I saw my 5 yr old walk up to my casket with tears falling to his chest and he said was you so selfish you couldn't even think of me if no one in the whole world needed you I did & do I loved you I woke up from that crying my eyes out and i put the light on for the nurse to come into my room when she did I told her I'm ready to live & i'm ready to eat now see I hadn't eaten for over two weeks I remember the nurse saying praise God and she brought me in a liquid diet & that hurt so bad going down because of all the gas bubbles that had built up from not eating.... I had to do some real soul searching & when i was done with that I gave my heart to god because I realize i can't make it with out him in my life & I know that people will drive you to the brink if you let them but Life is a precious gift that if lived right will manifest into something beautiful.if one has had a great life will never understand how one can take his own life the pain of depression is real & it's ugly side says just kill your self that's why it is smart to get help or talk about it right away because it won't get better if you don't... I have never taken another valium since then...
[/QUOTE]So much trauma as such a young age. That was a tough time. I am truly happy you saw sunshine coming at you. One of my favorite quotes is: " Which will not kill you will only make you stronger". It's a Navy Seal motto.

01Aladdin

[QUOTE="Sexylady007, post: 4555277]I am Honored to know you as well....[/QUOTE]

No no! The honour is miiiiiiiine!

In case you dont get the picture reference... Chip n Dale are Disney chipmoks, reknown for waiting by the door n saying "after you..." no no, after youuuuuuu" no no nooooooo, after youuuuuuuuuuuu" and so on lmao

Goodgrief

Always watch for a change in personality! Friends, family members, co-workers, class mates. If they stop talking, start asking and don't stop asking until they talk!

In most cases, the person thinks that no one cares.

01Aladdin

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4636952]Always watch for a change in personality! Friends, family members, co-workers, class mates. If they stop talking, start asking and don't stop asking until they talk!

In most cases, the person thinks that no one cares.

[/QUOTE]

It's a tough thing to get out of people. The ones that bluster and whine about being all depressed and suicidal rarely are seeking anything more than your attention so they can load their misery onto your shoulders - it is those quiet ones that hide the truth of their despair that go quietly into the night feeling there is no other way out of the pain for them, not realizing that simple open friendship can help immeasurably.

squirt

Administrator
yep, Deb never gave any indication that she was going to do what she did, she waited until I was gone, and they'd just refilled her pain pills
and she decided she was going to end her suffering by taking them all
the problem was, it wasn't enough to finish the job
she wound up basically paralyzed, she couldn't move, couldn't speak, but was very much alive!
and the only reason I know about it is because she felt the need to come clean with me when we had to go back for the amputation revisions
as far as I know, no other family member knows

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4637786]yep, Deb never gave any indication that she was going to do what she did, she waited until I was gone, and they'd just refilled her pain pills
and she decided she was going to end her suffering by taking them all
the problem was, it wasn't enough to finish the job
she wound up basically paralyzed, she couldn't move, couldn't speak, but was very much alive!
and the only reason I know about it is because she felt the need to come clean with me when we had to go back for the amputation revisions
as far as I know, no other family member knows
[/QUOTE]

As painful as it is, at least you had an answer to why she did it. That is some kind of closure. In that type of situation, I wouldn't call it suicide; maybe just speeding up the inevitable, just as some people refuse to go through months of chemo-therapy/radiation treatments when they have been told they only have a 10% recovery chance and are already in their 80s.

One day, you might be able to talk to the family members. That is if you think they are sane enough to understand. Believe me, I have learned to keep my mouth shut with family. They might be from the same blood-stream, but a lot of them didn't inherit smarts.