Suicide

squirt

Administrator
to be honest, I don't think I could have been strong enough to face what she faced
it was hell!
she went on to live for another year, endured at least 2 more surgeries to correct blockages, before her heart gave out[/COLOR]

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4638177]to be honest, I don't think I could have been strong enough to face what she faced
it was hell!
she went on to live for another year, endured at least 2 more surgeries to correct blockages, before her heart gave out
[/QUOTE]

Bless her heart we all have are cross to bare & she carried hers & even though she wanted out of it all I can't blame her dear squirt....
:hearthugs:

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4638177]to be honest, I don't think I could have been strong enough to face what she faced
it was hell!
she went on to live for another year, endured at least 2 more surgeries to correct blockages, before her heart gave out
[/QUOTE]

My mother could have lived many more years if she had accepted a colostomy surgery. She had suffered a stroke years before, which left her partially disabled and with very little possibilities of doing the things she enjoyed most, such as painting, knitting, gardening, etc.

She kept her illness from me. I sensed there was something wrong when she decided to sell her house and move to an apartment. But I knew better than to probe.

Five months after she moved into a beautiful apartment, she died. She knew....

hortysir

Jokeroo Enthusiast
well let me start off by saying that I'm really sorry about everyone's loss.
I too have been touched by the suicides..... best friend my mom attempted it, my moms best friend succeeded with a double barrel shotgun. Its never pretty.
That being said I'm sorry if I'm going to upset some people but to me suicide is very selfish.
I understand there's pain. I understand there's weakness. I understand that it's a severe sickness. I just don't feel that they think enough about the ones left behind.... left to clean up the mess......enough to make the arrangements......left to explain to the kids.....enough to explain to family friends and everybody else.

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="hortysir, post: 4638727]well let me start off by saying that I'm really sorry about everyone's loss.
I too have been touched by the suicides..... best friend my mom attempted it, my moms best friend succeeded with a double barrel shotgun. Its never pretty.
That being said I'm sorry if I'm going to upset some people but to me suicide is very selfish.
I understand there's pain. I understand there's weakness. I understand that it's a severe sickness. I just don't feel that they think enough about the ones left behind.... left to clean up the mess......enough to make the arrangements......left to explain to the kids.....enough to explain to family friends and everybody else.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100% it is a selfish act & god showed me that through the dream I had And I will always thank him for his mercy on me.....

TwiztedAngel

Then again, there is always a chance of death with any surgery. Does that mean one should forgo a surgery that might save their life, but may kill them too?

TwiztedAngel

it is a relevant trick question designed to make you think. Sometimes, the risks are not worth it. Sometimes a surgery designed to save your life will result in a life not worth living. Sometimes a life that in shambles can be improved by a surgery that could result in either being able to dance a jig, or (conversely) leave you in a wheelchair.
I am once again considering back surgery, as the agony is excruciating (especially during the cold of winter) if I can find find a surgeon willing to do it for Medicaid / Medicare because I cannot afford to pay over $500.00 a month for any other insurance. I told my family doc to not waste my time sending me to some quack that is going to do nothing but waste my time. I do not want to wait til I'm 80, and have them use the excuse I am too old.

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="TwiztedAngel, post: 4638833]it is a relevant trick question designed to make you think. Sometimes, the risks are not worth it. Sometimes a surgery designed to save your life will result in a life not worth living. Sometimes a life that in shambles can be improved by a surgery that could result in either being able to dance a jig, or (conversely) leave you in a wheelchair.
I am once again considering back surgery, as the agony is excruciating (especially during the cold of winter) if I can find find a surgeon willing to do it for Medicaid / Medicare because I cannot afford to pay over $500.00 a month for any other insurance. I told my family doc to not waste my time sending me to some quack that is going to do nothing but waste my time. I do not want to wait til I'm 80, and have them use the excuse I am too old.
[/QUOTE]

Well you indeed got me thinking & I'm sorry that your in so much pain sweetie Can't you file for social security disability benefits?

Goodgrief

This thread had me thinking while I was going through some tedious tests. Some of you might think I'm crazy. But let's have a look, OK?

From the day you are born, everything you do could kill you. Infants die of unknown allergies. Toddlers fall and die. It goes on and on. I'm one who believes that we all have a specific lottery date. Would it matter if the person who decided to end it all one day was the victim of a car crash on his way to where he wanted to end it all?

The pain of the loss would be the same, perhaps the trauma would be easier to take if you could put the blame on someone else. In the end, we lost someone we cared for.

Do we call driving, sky diving, skiing, swimming, suicide? Yet, every time we indulge in pleasurable activities, we put our lives at risk. Does anyone know what St. Peter is going to say when one shows up at the Pearly Gates after being killed in shark infested waters?

Yet, more people die doing what they like than others who decide to end it their own way.

Call me a fatalist, but sooner or later, we all have to go.

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
The Bible views suicide as equal to murder, which is what it is—self-murder. God is the only one who is to decide when and how a person should die. We should say with the psalmist, “My times are in your hands” (Psalm 31:15).

God is the giver of life. He gives, and He takes away (Job 1:21). Suicide, the taking of one’s own life, is ungodly because it rejects God’s gift of life. No man or woman should presume to take God’s authority upon themselves to end his or her own life.

01Aladdin

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4638855]This thread had me thinking while I was going through some tedious tests. Some of you might think I'm crazy. But let's have a look, OK?

From the day you are born, everything you do could kill you. Infants die of unknown allergies. Toddlers fall and die. It goes on and on. I'm one who believes that we all have a specific lottery date. Would it matter if the person who decided to end it all one day was the victim of a car crash on his way to where he wanted to end it all?

The pain of the loss would be the same, perhaps the trauma would be easier to take if you could put the blame on someone else. In the end, we lost someone we cared for.

Do we call driving, sky diving, skiing, swimming, suicide? Yet, every time we indulge in pleasurable activities, we put our lives at risk. Does anyone know what St. Peter is going to say when one shows up at the Pearly Gates after being killed in shark infested waters?

Yet, more people die doing what they like than others who decide to end it their own way.

Call me a fatalist, but sooner or later, we all have to go.

[/QUOTE]

I plan to live forever!!!!

or die trying... :p

squirt

Administrator
one of the things I said to Deb when she told me about her attempt was did she consider what it might do to her youngest daughter to find her mother's body and to learn that she'd done it to herself?
as it is, that little girl, at 11 years old, was in the bed with her when she passed away, she's the one who went and got her father when she couldn't wake Deb up

having said that, I know what Deb went through, the pain, the suffering, and when I call it hell, it doesn't do it justice
and I have to say that I might have tried to end my life as well, had it been me, that's reality![/COLOR]

TwiztedAngel

Psalm 31:15[/URL]).

[/FONT]God is the giver of life. He gives, and He takes away (Job 1:21). Suicide, the taking of one’s own life, is ungodly because it rejects God’s gift of life. No man or woman should presume to take God’s authority upon themselves to end his or her own life.

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Is this in the Quran? Islam needs to know about this.

Then we get to where some classes of people have very different assumptions. If you are rich, you might be eccentric, and have a tragic accident. If you are poor, you are insane and committed suicide.

squirt

Administrator
I would've easily forgiven her!
I got to thinking about this last night, about when she tried it, it was after the first amputation
first there was the horror of waking up and finding part of your leg gone, even though we knew it was coming, nothing could've prepared us for that, and if it was that bad to me, it must've been a thousand times so for her, the first cut was just below the knee, and most mornings, for just a split second, she'd forget that her leg was gone
she was was a south paw and it was her left leg that they took, so that was the leg that she was used to starting off on
and it didn't heal, in fact, it turned black as time went on, when we took her back to the doc, we found out that she had an infection that was killing the amputation site, and we learned that this infection was toxic to her whole body, and this was what was going on in her system when tried to kill herself, though not even she knew it at the time!

01Aladdin

[QUOTE="TwiztedAngel, post: 4639412]Is this in the Quran? Islam needs to know about this.

Then we get to where some classes of people have very different assumptions. If you are rich, you might be eccentric, and have a tragic accident. If you are poor, you are insane and committed suicide.
[/QUOTE]

Depression and suicide are not exclusive to classes. Robin Williams or myself. He succeeded (if you can call it succeess) in ending himself, I did not - but i came close. Even the fabulously well off by any standards can still have the same weaknesses inside as someone doing it real tough on the pension.

TwiztedAngel

Robin Williams seems to be an exception to the rule. And perhaps we might be getting a little more truth from the media. I can assure you that if David Carradine had died the way he did 10 years ago, nobody would have said a word.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

01Aladdin

[QUOTE="TwiztedAngel, post: 4639744]Robin Williams seems to be an exception to the rule. And perhaps we might be getting a little more truth from the media. I can assure you that if David Carradine had died the way he did 10 years ago, nobody would have said a word.[/QUOTE]

I remember that... and the somewhat grubby way he left the mudball. I also recall a more recent one here - a bubbly blonde stunningly attractive and successful news anchor woman topped herself. No one knew she was fighting her own demons, just suddenly she had topped herself. The only difference between celebs that self terminate and joe average is that we all hear about the celebs, no one seems to mention the thousands of others.