The Suggestion Box

SpiderWeb

Super Moderator
Berginyon said:
Uh... Yeah... Smilies... I have never used them in post, (Commonly, I mean) I did it on occasion, usually with AoW, but, never just had a smily just sittin there, as just about everyone does in just about every post..

Anyway, A password? A password?? How would you make sure that "Mature" people had the "Password"?

Also, I was talking about the two sections of the writing corner... Because, if you had it just be a no password adult type section, people who wanna skip the lovey dovy, or the cutesy, or the melodrama... Could go to the adult section, and get the more down to earth, whatnot writing that follows with "Maturity" (Ugh...)

Anyway... I always thought that a place other that "Society" would be a great place (Like a writers Corner) to post my poetry.. But, alas, I posted in Society anyway.

--Bergy.

okay.... on another site it use to be a password to let you into the the adult area, after you proved your age. Now it is done through the mods .... so there is a way to do it .... if the Roo really wanted to make this place more fun for the ADULTS that play here.

SpiderWeb

Super Moderator
squirt said:
I knew I could count on you, dear friend! I'd forgotten all about mentioning the smilies, naughty had said something that made me look at them, there's no difference between some of the smileys, like bigsmile and colgate, butbut and nervous, tongue and tongue2, and it never has the one you need in the default ones, the most popular ones should be in the default setting, bigsmile, love, devil, lookaround, blush, sigh, the pink tongue, music, grin, eh ...

and yes, that redirect really needs to go lol

I know we will have a huge fight on our hands for the free adult area ... seems the Roo doesn't want to give that back to us .....

As for the re-direct ... I truly had hoped with their thread asking us what could improve the roo it was going to happen. At least that was the impression I got from the posts made. I guess it is one of those things, because it is for the message board, if fell to the wayside .... :butbut:

squirt

Administrator
SpiderWeb said:
I know we will have a huge fight on our hands for the free adult area ... seems the Roo doesn't want to give that back to us .....

As for the re-direct ... I truly had hoped with their thread asking us what could improve the roo it was going to happen. At least that was the impression I got from the posts made. I guess it is one of those things, because it is for the message board, if fell to the wayside .... :butbut:
angel says they're slow to make up their minds and even slower to take action, why that is I've not a clue, Lord knows they'd be hard pressed to hurt this place anymore than it's already been hurt

SpiderWeb

Super Moderator
squirt said:
angel says they're slow to make up their minds and even slower to take action, why that is I've not a clue, Lord knows they'd be hard pressed to hurt this place anymore than it's already been hurt

One would like to think that since they made the other thread asking us what we WANTED to make things better ..... and all of these suggestions were in there ..... then they would appease us in little ways!

The biggie being the free access to the Vault. They are doing all kinds of things for the younger ppl ... but we are not allowed to play the way we use to when this board first began. We are the people that put this board where they are. We are the people that posted new threads and responses to those threads. We fought tooth and nail to keep spammers out. We worked out differences with the artists and their work. Why is it, we still have to continue to fight for what we had before minors ruined things.

squirt

Administrator
if they don't have the time or the inclination to bother with it, they should give someone the ability to do these things for us, to make changes as they're needed, not just when they become a problem, we need to be able to grow and adapt, right now we have tim, but tim still goes to Roo, they should give him the same power of decision making that they have, he's proven he's got a decent head on his shoulders

SpiderWeb

Super Moderator
squirt said:
if they don't have the time or the inclination to bother with it, they should give someone the ability to do these things for us, to make changes as they're needed, not just when they become a problem, we need to be able to grow and adapt, right now we have tim, but tim still goes to Roo, they should give him the same power of decision making that they have, he's proven he's got a decent head on his shoulders

in all honesty ... I don't see the roo management giving up control of any aspect of the site. I think they like seeing up complain about this and knowing that it bothers us. If they truly cared, they would have done something a long time ago.

I think Tim is doing a terrific job too and he even answers PM's .... lol.

squirt

Administrator
SpiderWeb said:
in all honesty ... I don't see the roo management giving up control of any aspect of the site. I think they like seeing up complain about this and knowing that it bothers us. If they truly cared, they would have done something a long time ago.

I think Tim is doing a terrific job too and he even answers PM's .... lol.
they wouldn't be giving up control any more than a CEO gives up control of his company, they just wouldn't have to deal with the headaches, seems to me like they'd be glad to lol :sigh:

Berginyon

Unfortunately, Unless you know the source code, and how to work it for this site, you wouldn't be of much use "Making changes" I mean, I don't speak for anyone but myself... But, I tried that kind of thing once... I looked at souce, thinking it would be just HTML... I was sadly mistaken... And I was sooo lost, I almost crashed myself... (Fortunately I am a Mac person, and I didn't...)

Anyway, If'n ya don't know teh code, teh code will ownzor you!

--Bergy.

squirt

Administrator
we've talked alot about what the Roo can do for us, now I'd like to take a minute to address some of the things we can do for the Roo, for each other ... the first thing I'd like to mention is common courtesy, treating one another as we'd like to be treated, that should go without saying, but there is a reason I mention it, it is common courtesy to post on others' threads, especially if you'd like them to post on yours, it is common courtesy to at least ackowledge those who put forth the effort to post on your thread, I see alot of people throwing threads out there who've not even bothered to look to see what else is being posted, you should at least run through the first couple of pages of threads so that you know what's been posted and to reduce the number of reposts

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
squirt said:
we've talked alot about what the Roo can do for us, now I'd like to take a minute to address some of the things we can do for the Roo, for each other ... the first thing I'd like to mention is common courtesy, treating one another as we'd like to be treated, that should go without saying, but there is a reason I mention it, it is common courtesy to post on others' threads, especially if you'd like them to post on yours, it is common courtesy to at least ackowledge those who put forth the effort to post on your thread, I see alot of people throwing threads out there who've not even bothered to look to see what else is being posted, you should at least run through the first couple of pages of threads so that you know what's been posted and to reduce the number of reposts
bump bump to the top

sewnutzcl1

This is a great thread, Squirt and should prove constructive if people continue to be respectful and don't argue in here. It should be a sticky so it doesn't have to be bumped up constantly but there are so many in the society now it might be too much.

First I'd like to agree on the redirect page, it needs to go! Things are peaceful here now so its not needed anymore.

All I can say about the vault and the mature sections is before we got an influx of new people here (keep in mind that I've been here almost since the beginning and there were only about 30 or so regular posters) and the Mature section was called Adult, the stuff that you remember posting and isn't allowed now wasn't really allowed then either. But when all of the new people came in it got a bit out of hand and the Roo guys at that point stopped monitoring the boards as much as they did before or they just couldn't keep up (there were no mods then either). It was overlooked and allowed for too long and people got used to it, then the Roo cracked down, added some mods, and changed things, which in turn angered the people who were getting away with it. The Vault was a good idea and yes it should have been password protected from the beginning for the people who could somehow prove their age, instead of having to pay for it.

As for the Writers section it is a very good idea, and I've been thinking about this for some time now, the Designers Corner could be redone to include such a section. What's being posted in there now isn't what they originally intended the section for anyway, and probably never will be. The creative people here are into graphics mostly not much flash or videos like they wanted. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to rename or just change the description of the those pages and add some new ones to include the writers.

I'd also like to say the the mods should be allowed to edit posts not just delete them, so we don't have to go to Tim for every little thing like oversized pictures. I was lucky the other day when I spotted some in my section and the person who posted them was online and she removed them right away.

squirt

Administrator
sewnutzcl1 said:
This is a great thread, Squirt and should prove constructive if people continue to be respectful and don't argue in here. It should be a sticky so it doesn't have to be bumped up constantly but there are so many in the society now it might be too much.

First I'd like to agree on the redirect page, it needs to go! Things are peaceful here now so its not needed anymore.

All I can say about the vault and the mature sections is before we got an influx of new people here (keep in mind that I've been here almost since the beginning and there were only about 30 or so regular posters) and the Mature section was called Adult, the stuff that you remember posting and isn't allowed now wasn't really allowed then either. But when all of the new people came in it got a bit out of hand and the Roo guys at that point stopped monitoring the boards as much as they did before or they just couldn't keep up (there were no mods then either). It was overlooked and allowed for too long and people got used to it, then the Roo cracked down, added some mods, and changed things, which in turn angered the people who were getting away with it. The Vault was a good idea and yes it should have been password protected from the beginning for the people who could somehow prove their age, instead of having to pay for it.

As for the Writers section it is a very good idea, and I've been thinking about this for some time now, the Designers Corner could be redone to include such a section. What's being posted in there now isn't what they originally intended the section for anyway, and probably never will be. The creative people here are into graphics mostly not much flash or videos like they wanted. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to rename or just change the description of the those pages and add some new ones to include the writers.

I'd also like to say the the mods should be allowed to edit posts not just delete them, so we don't have to go to Tim for every little thing like oversized pictures. I was lucky the other day when I spotted some in my section and the person who posted them was online and she removed them right away.
well ... lol I know of at least one of those that can be unstuck, I don't think we need the one about the AFF ads stuck anymore ... proving one's age for the vault could be done a couple of ways, either by recommendation from another member or by credit card, thank you for the wonderful suggestion about the designer's corner, that's a most excellent idea! I would like to be able to edit posts too instead of having to wait for Tim to get to it, another great idea!