This morning

pandora1

The trouble is too many people are utterly ignoring the "stay clear" warning. There were LOTS of people about in the countryside at the weekend as well as on the beaches, and well within a metre of each other. All it takes is one carrier. People considered "at risk" will get a letter this week and are expected to self isolate totally for 12 weeks. It's not a legal requirement yet, but if too many people ignore the advice it will be.

It doesn't need to be on a surface; don't forget this is an airborne virus.
12 weeks! That's a long time. I hope you don't have to do it too but we also want you to stay safe. The authorities haven't started isolating at risk people here yet. The longest I've heard requested is 14 days for people who may have been exposed to the virus (cruise passengers, etc.). I live near beaches and we have had the same issues with clueless people here. Last week in my County electronic signs were put up on the two main roads leading to the beaches. The signs announced the beaches were closed but from what I understand some groups are ignoring them. I mainly worry about the airborne droplets. We're told not to wear a mask if we are not sick but what if someone who is sick coughs or sneezes near us at the grocery store? Not that I have a mask but sometimes I wish I had some of them!

Bamber

Super Moderator
About as much use as tits on a bull as far as Covid-19 is concerned, even some face masks are not good enough. Biggest problem is touching contaminated surfaces.
I'd say the biggest problem is fuckwits who don't like what the professionals tell them, so decide to make their own rules.

Bamber

Super Moderator
They were having Picnics on the Beach Sunday, most were friggin holidaymakers. What part of fuck off home don't they understand?
Are your works shut?
Pretty much shut down. I've told the boss I'll go in to the office if there's a need, but it's doubtful it'll happen. We have only one customer, they're winding down use of our software and I can't see vehicle delivery (their business) being classed as "vital".

Bamber

Super Moderator
Well that's it. Went to the office for a couple of hours to meet the boss and set up some software on one of my laptops so I can work from home. No more office for the foreseeable future.

kipper

Super Moderator
Well that's it. Went to the office for a couple of hours to meet the boss and set up some software on one of my laptops so I can work from home. No more office for the foreseeable future.

No, nor me..lol
They say keep 2 metres away from people, I'd be quite happy to keep 200 metres away from people, even before Corona virus come to think of it...

LilMissPurrfect

Same here, the last 2 weeks I have been in the office only 1-day a week, the rest I have to work from home. And probably stays that way till at least June 1rst.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Another beautiful morning in Totnes. I took these during a shopping trip: the town was eerily quiet and very few shoppers about. Some things I needed I could only get from the superstore, which had quite a queue; it took half an hour for me to get in.

I took all three of these shots from the same place.

Shot from the south
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Bamber

Super Moderator
I remembered last night that I had a few apples in the office, so took a walk to retrieve them this morning. It was so nice I extended the walk to the end of Longmarsh.

We had an early morning frost and the sky was almost completely cloudless. Looking into the sun there was a slight haze, but with the sun at your back the views were beautifully clear.

There were still a few signs of the overnight frost.

Frosted flotsam
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr