This morning

Bamber

Super Moderator
Just after taking this I met a fellow photographer who regularly takes pictures along here. We've never actually met before despite taking pictures in the same places for years. Glyn told me to look out for kingfishers as he'd seen one earlier.

River of mist
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
I took this photo of the gnarly oak branches in the gloom by the sluice gate to the marsh then walked on. From just the other side of the gate there was a sudden flash of electric blue and a kingfisher shot away from me, too quick to photograph but enough to plaster a grin to my face.

Gnarly old oak

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
I fully intended taking a walk to the arboretum yesterday morning as the forecast was good, but time got away from me. Today's weather forecast was not so good, but I risked it any way. I got briefly showered on four or five times, but it was worth it.

Yes, someone lives in the caravan to the right. Not sure how often they move, but weren't there last time I visited the arboretum. They own a couple of horses and can be seen with one or the other of the wagons in Totnes quite often.

Alternative lifestyle