This Years Top Country Songs ...

gods angel

Jokeroo VIP Status
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
87,674
All through the night I'll be standing over you
All through the night I'll be watching over you
And through the bad dreams I'll be right there, baby
Holding your hand, telling you everything's gonna be all right
And when you cry I'll be right there
Telling you you were never anything less than beautiful
So don't you worry, I'm your Angel standing by
 

squirt

Administrator
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
819,813
Looking back
on the memory of
the dance we shared
'neath the stars above
For a moment
all the world was right
How could I have known
that you'd ever say goodbye

And now
I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end
The way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

Holding you
I held everything
For a moment
wasn't I a king
But if I'd only known
how the king would fall
Hey... who's to say
You know
I might have changed it all

And now
I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end
The way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

It's my life
It's better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance


 

gods angel

Jokeroo VIP Status
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
87,674
Esta noche bailamos
Te doy toda mi vida
Quedate conmigo
Tonight we dance
I leave my life, in your hands
We take the floor
Nothing is forbidden anymore

Don't let the world dim my sight
Don't let a moment go by
Nothing can stop us tonight
1-bailamos, let the rhythm take you over
Bailamos
Te quiero amor mio, bailamos
Gonna live this night forever
Bailamos
Te quiero amor mio, te quiero


Tonight i'm yours
We can make it happen i'm so sure
Now i'm letting go
There is something i think you should know
I won't be leaving your side
We're gonna dance through the night
I'm gonna reach for the stars
 

Wiremaster

Jokeroo VIP Status
Joined
Apr 20, 2004
Messages
54,108
squirt said:
lmao!!! written JUST for me??? :notify: :p
Well if thats what you wanna think LOL
A bunch of sat around one night and rewrite a few songs LOL
 

squirt

Administrator
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
819,813
gods angel said:
Esta noche bailamos
Te doy toda mi vida
Quedate conmigo
Tonight we dance
I leave my life, in your hands
We take the floor
Nothing is forbidden anymore

Don't let the world dim my sight
Don't let a moment go by
Nothing can stop us tonight
1-bailamos, let the rhythm take you over
Bailamos
Te quiero amor mio, bailamos
Gonna live this night forever
Bailamos
Te quiero amor mio, te quiero


Tonight i'm yours
We can make it happen i'm so sure
Now i'm letting go
There is something i think you should know
I won't be leaving your side
We're gonna dance through the night
I'm gonna reach for the stars
nice rebuttal angel! lol I absolutely LOVE that pic!!!
 

squirt

Administrator
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
819,813
Wiremaster said:
Well if thats what you wanna think LOL
A bunch of sat around one night and rewrite a few songs LOL
well I remember YOUR song babe lol

She said, "I'e seen you in here before."
I said, "I've been here a time or two."
She said, "Hello, my Name is Bobby Jo
Meet my twin sister Betty Lou
And we're both feeling kinda wild tonight
And you're the only cowboy in this place
And if you're up for a rodeo
We'll put a big Texas smile on Your face"
I said, "Girls,"

[Chorus]
I ain't as good as I once was
I got a few years on me now
But there was a time back in my prime
When I could really lay it down
And if you need some love tonight
Then I might have just enough
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

I still hang out with my best friend dave
Ive known him since we were kids at school
Last night he Had a few shots
Got in a tight spot hustlin' a game of pool
With a couple of readneck boys
One great Big bad biker man
I heard David yell across the room
"Hey buddy, how 'bout a helping hand."
I said, "Dave,"

[Chorus]
I ain't as good as I once was
My how the years have flown
But there was a time back in my prime
When I could really hold my own
But if you wanna fight tonight
Guess thouse boys dont look all that Tough
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

I used to be hell on wheels
Back when I was younger man
Now my body says, "You can't do this boy"
But my pride says, "Oh, yes you can

I ain't as good as I once was
Thats just the cold hard truth
I still throw a few back, talk a little smack
When I'm feelin bullet proof
So don't double dog dare me now
'Cause I'd have to call your bluff

I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was
Maybe not be good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was


 

squirt

Administrator
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
819,813
I sure do hope this is a long night,
Cause I've never felt one so right
Each look into your eyes I fall in,
A little more and more,
Looks like we started us a fire,
Wrapped up in flames of desire,
With every touch their burning higher,
Two shadows dancing on the wall,

With nothing on but the radio,
Feel the music playing soft and slow,
You and me and the lights down low,
With nothing on but the radio

We'll fall asleep here in the moonlight,
In tangled sheets we?ll be here all night,
And when we wake up in the morning,
We might stay like this all day,
Two people meant to be together,
Two lovers dreaming of forever,
And it just keeps on getting better,
With every tender little kiss,

With nothing on but the radio,
Feel the music playing soft and slow,
You and me and the lights down low,
With nothing on but the radio

Two people meant to be together,
Two lovers dreaming of forever,
And it just keeps on getting better,

With nothing on but the radio,
Feel the music playing soft and slow,
You and me and the lights down low,
With nothing on but the radio

You and me and the lights down low,
With nothing on but the radio


 

Wiremaster

Jokeroo VIP Status
Joined
Apr 20, 2004
Messages
54,108
squirt said:


well I remember YOUR song babe lol

She said, "I'e seen you in here before."
I said, "I've been here a time or two."
She said, "Hello, my Name is Bobby Jo
Meet my twin sister Betty Lou
And we're both feeling kinda wild tonight
And you're the only cowboy in this place
And if you're up for a rodeo
We'll put a big Texas smile on Your face"
I said, "Girls,"

[Chorus]
I ain't as good as I once was
I got a few years on me now
But there was a time back in my prime

When I could really lay it down
And if you need some love tonight
Then I might have just enough
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

I still hang out with my best friend dave
Ive known him since we were kids at school
Last night he Had a few shots
Got in a tight spot hustlin' a game of pool
With a couple of readneck boys
One great Big bad biker man
I heard David yell across the room
"Hey buddy, how 'bout a helping hand."
I said, "Dave,"

[Chorus]
I ain't as good as I once was
My how the years have flown
But there was a time back in my prime
When I could really hold my own
But if you wanna fight tonight
Guess thouse boys dont look all that Tough
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

I used to be hell on wheels
Back when I was younger man
Now my body says, "You can't do this boy"
But my pride says, "Oh, yes you can

I ain't as good as I once was
Thats just the cold hard truth
I still throw a few back, talk a little smack
When I'm feelin bullet proof
So don't double dog dare me now
'Cause I'd have to call your bluff

I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was
Maybe not be good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was


LOL I know the song and love the pic Babe LOL smoooooooooooooooooooooch
 

gods angel

Jokeroo VIP Status
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
87,674
squirt said:
nice rebuttal angel! lol I absolutely LOVE that pic!!!
There are stars
In the southern sky
Southward as you go
There is moonlight
And moss in the trees
Down the seven bridges road

Now i have loved you like a baby
Like some lonesome child
And i have loved you in a tame way
And i have loved you wild

Sometimes there's a part of me
Has to turn form here and go
Running like a child from these warm stars
Down the seven bridges road

There are stars in the southern sky
And if ever you decide
You should go
There is a taste of time sweetened honey
Down the seven bridges road

 

squirt

Administrator
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
819,813
Wiremaster said:
LOL I know the song and love the pic Babe LOL smoooooooooooooooooooooch
muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh prplflwr made that lol this is the song that makes me think of her these days ... lol

I drive an Army Jeep
My bumper sticker reads
'Drink 'til he's cute'
That's what I'm gonna do
Ain't got no serious thing
Don't wear a diamond ring
I got a new tattoo
I think you'll like the view
And in my mind
The sun shines
All the time

Chorus:
('Cause) I'm just a summer girl
I wear my flip flops
When I let my hair down
(That's when the party starts)
(The party never stops)
Who needs a boyfriend
I got my girl friends
When we get together
The summer never ends
Yeah yeah, oh oh oh
(I'm just a summer girl)
(Oh, oh, oh, oh)
(Oh, oh, oh, oh)

Tanks tops and cutoff jeans
Bikinis and belly rings
We'll make that scene
When the DJ plays 'Dancin' Queen'
Fellas, lay your money down
We'll let'ya buy a round
Don't push your luck
Don't get more than your hopes up
In my world
Day or night
Rain or shine

(Repeat Chorus)

Rap:
Everybody needs a little bit of sunshine
Everybody needs time to unwind
Everybody's got to have a good time
(I'm just a summer girl)
Everybody get up on your feet
Everybody got to shake your body
Everybody got a right to be free
(I'm just a summer girl)
(Oh, oh, oh, oh)
(Oh, oh, oh, oh)



 

squirt

Administrator
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
819,813
gods angel said:
I love that angel ... there's nothing like the stars in a southern sky! :colgate: :inlove:

I can't find the lyrics to the song, I thought it was called "the moon over georgia" and I think it's by shenendoah but I've searched and searched lol so here's what I remember ...

she took the moon over georgia
she'd rather have a million stars in the skies
than a gold mine
she took the moon over georgia
when it came down to his world or mine
she took the moon over georgia


 

gods angel

Jokeroo VIP Status
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
87,674
Oak Ridge Boys
MAKE MY LIFE WITH YOU

Here in the day
Here in the light
All I can see is you last night
Lit by the moon
Still by my side
Loving arms open wide
And the love
That comes over me
Is enough to make me stay

Is it life lived separately
Is life all it ought to be?
Oh if it were up to me
I'd make my life with you.

Some people say
It's a dangerous game
I'll take my chances
Just the same
If love is a game
And you are the prize
You standing here
Is no surprise
And the love
That comes over me
Is enough to make me stay

Is it life lived separately
Is life all it ought to be?
Oh if it were up to me
I'd make my life with you.

 

gods angel

Jokeroo VIP Status
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
87,674
I found this link finally. It covers a lot of hard to find music. :inlove:


http://www.seeklyrics.com


Shenandoah - The Moon Over Georgia Lyrics
he owns a big estate
just south of savannah
and a high rise hotel in down-town atlanta
add half the state of georgia to his name
she'd be set for life in his coloniel manner
he laid the world at her feet on a silver platter
but all i had to offer her, was the moon

-ChOrUs-

*and she took the moon over georgia
she'd rather have a million stars in the sky
than a gold mine
she took the moon over geogia
when it came down to his world or mine
she took the moon over georgia

-a little country house in need of expansion
it's far cry from his south georgia mansion
but we've got our own paradise.
shadows dancin' til down with a full moon shinin'
and those occasional clouds all have a silver lining
there really must be something about, that old yellow light

Chorus*till end

 

squirt

Administrator
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
819,813
you are amazing angel!!! thank you and btw ... I just LOVE that new sig!!!
 

squirt

Administrator
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
819,813
*my girl shania ... :inlove:

In your arms I can still feel the way you
want me when you hold me
I can still hear the words you whispered
when you told me
I can stay right here forever in your arms

And there ain't no way-
I'm lettin' you go now
And there ain't no how
I'll never see that day....

'Cause I'm keeping you
forever and for always
We will be together all of our days
Wanna wake up every
morning to your sweet face -always

Mmmm, baby
In your heart- I can still hear
a beat for every time you kiss me
And when we're apart,
I know how much you miss me
I can feel your love for me in your heart

And there ain't no way-
I'm letting you go now
And there ain't no way-
and there ain't no how
I'll never see that day...

(I wanna wake up every morning)

In your eyes- (I can still see
the look of the one) I can still see
the look of the one who really loves me
(I can still feel the way that you want)
The one who wouldn't put anything
else in the world above me
(I can still see love for me) I can
still see love in your eyes
(I still see the love)

And there ain't no way-
I'm letting you go now
And there ain't no way-
and there ain't no how
I'll never see that day...

I'm keeping you forever and for always
I'm in your arms


 

gods angel

Jokeroo VIP Status
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
87,674
squirt said:
you are amazing angel!!! thank you and btw ... I just LOVE that new sig!!!
It kept wanting to resize itself when I tranferred it. I finally figured out how to tranfer it without losing anything. I'm glad you like it. Since it and my avi were the same, I changed back to the old avi.

BOBBY MCGEE

Busted flat in Baton Rouge,headin' for the train
Feelin' nearly 's faded as my jeans
Bobby thumbed a diesel down,just before it rained
Took us all the way to New Orleans

I took my harpoon out of my old dirty red bandanna
And was blowing sad while daddy sang the blues
With these windshield wipers slappin' time and
Bobby clappin' hands we finally
sang up every song that driver knew


Chorus
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose
Nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free
Feeling good was easy Lord when Bobby sang the blues
Feeling good was good enough for me
Good enough for me and Bobby McGee

From the coal mines of Kentucky to the California sun
Bobby shared the secrets of my soul
Standin' right beside me Lord through everyting I've done
Ever night she kept me from the cold

But somewhere near Salinas Lord I let her slip away
Searching for the home I hope she'll find
And I'll trader all my tomorrows for a single yesterday
Holdin' Bobby's body next to mine

Repeat Chorus

 

squirt

Administrator
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
819,813
it's one of my favorite oldies, but I don't guess I'd ever learned the words, other than the chorus, nice angel, thank you! :colgate: :inlove:
 
Top