today's "feel good" story

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
It’s one of those days where things like this make me 😥

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
ACTS OF KINDNESS.

Wild Orangutan Extends Hand To Help Man Standing In Snake-Filled Waters

Anil Prabhakar was with some friends on safari in Borneo when he came across an unusual act of kindness. Right there in the conservation forest, he witnessed a wild orangutan reaching out and offering his hand to a man standing waist-deep in the snake-filled waters.

It turned out that man was a warden for the organization called the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation, and he was in the process of clearing away snakes from the area to help protect the orangutans. But this particular primate thought the man might need a hand.

The man refused the orangutan’s hand and stepped aside, asked why? The warden said since it’s a wild animal and not one they’re familiar with, he couldn’t take the ape up on his offer. But the man continued his job to protect the local orangutans.

But how sweet! It just goes to show how smart and compassionate animals can

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Someone shared 🥰
Saw a pretty amazing thing tonight at the gym. This firefighter was on the stair climber in full equipment, including his mask and oxygen tank. After about a half hour, I saw him finishing and taking his gear off so I went over to tell him how much I respected what he was doing. I figured he was training for a firefighter exam, but when I commented on it, he exclaimed, "110 floors! Took me 30 minutes, 10 seconds." 110 floors... OMG. It's September 11 and he had just climbed the equivalent of 110 floors like the firefighters did in the World Trade Center. Apparently, this is a tradition that many firefighters do to honor the 343 firefighters who lost their lives in the line of duty that day. It's a helluva tribute! #110floors #september11 #neverforget

squirt

Administrator
Someone shared 🥰
Saw a pretty amazing thing tonight at the gym. This firefighter was on the stair climber in full equipment, including his mask and oxygen tank. After about a half hour, I saw him finishing and taking his gear off so I went over to tell him how much I respected what he was doing. I figured he was training for a firefighter exam, but when I commented on it, he exclaimed, "110 floors! Took me 30 minutes, 10 seconds." 110 floors... OMG. It's September 11 and he had just climbed the equivalent of 110 floors like the firefighters did in the World Trade Center. Apparently, this is a tradition that many firefighters do to honor the 343 firefighters who lost their lives in the line of duty that day. It's a helluva tribute! #110floors #september11 #neverforget

and all we have to do is remember ~ God bless them every one! 1goldmedal.gif

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy

Sometimes we forget the really important things in life.

~

Last week, I took my grand-children to a restaurant.

My six-year-old grand-son asked if he could say grace.

As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Nana gets us ice cream for dessert. And liberty and justice for all! Amen!"

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby, I heard a woman remark, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never!"

Hearing this, my grand-son burst into tears and asked me, "Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?"

As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job, and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached the table.

He winked at my grand-son and said, "I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer."

"Really?" my grand-son asked.

"Cross my heart," the man replied.

Then, in a theatrical whisper, he added (indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), "Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."

Naturally, I bought my grand-children ice cream at the end of the meal. My grand-son stared at his for a moment, and then did something I will remember the rest of my life.

He picked up his sundae and, without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her, "Here, this is for you. Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes; and my soul is good already."

The End

PS: I hope God sends you some ice cream today!