Tubes grab "am while they last

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="GracieMae, post: 3740054]Hi guys, I'm new around here but you seem like a great bunch. I came here a few days ago to get some help but have spent most of my time since then looking at some of the threads here and helping myself to a few things, for which I thank all who post freebies.

I can't figure out the best thread to ask my question, so as this one is about tubes and so is my question, here goes....

I have found quite a lot of tubes which are from PSP earlier versions so version 9 does not recognise them as tubes, is there a way to convert them other than one at a time using the PSP import command? I've found loads of links for scripts to convert FROM tubes to PNG.

Hope I haven't posted in the wrong place and thanks in advance for any advice offered.[/QUOTE]

Can you post a few here so we can look at them.

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="hortysir, post: 3740286]You can't simply open it and "save as" and select .png????

:thinking:[/QUOTE]

open it where? I think her problem is that it's opening in PSP 9 with black background instead of a transparent one

hortysir

Jokeroo Enthusiast
with any picture viewer or even explorer

?????????

You know how long it's been since I've PSP'd

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 3740345]open it where? I think her problem is that it's opening in PSP 9 with black background instead of a transparent one[/QUOTE]

Not so sure, I can make something in pspx2 and try and open it in psp9 and it will say not a valid psp9 file, which is why I need more info on the problemo...

GracieMae

I think you must have misunderstood what I said. I have earlier tubes, if I put them in my tubes folder they don't show up at all when I browse my tubes in the program. I believe they need to be called .tub or .psp tube
These are just called gif or jpg and I can convert them using the IMPORT command but only one at a time which is a pain! So I am looking for something which can convert a few at a time

kipper

Super Moderator
Why not just keep them all in a folder in my documents rather than in the tubes in PSP? That just makes it take longer to load.

GracieMae

Because I want to use them as tubes, I assume from your reply the answer to my question is that there is no way to convert more than one at a time?

squirt

Administrator
what he's telling you is that you can use them as tubes from a folder in my documents, that's how I store all my tubes, in MY PICTURES
then to open in PSP 9, I just right click on the pic and click on OPEN IN PSP 9

the only thing I have in my tubes folder in PSP 9 is sparkles

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="GracieMae, post: 3740815]Because I want to use them as tubes, I assume from your reply the answer to my question is that there is no way to convert more than one at a time?[/QUOTE]

Not the tubes here in png form, as far as I know the only way is as you say, import them one at a time unless someone knows different. Which is why most keep them in a separate folder.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="GracieMae, post: 3741005]guess I'll just have to import one at a time :p
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Up to you, but as I said earlier too many and you will slow the program down to a crawl.

GracieMae

That used to happen in earlier versions but in version 9 you can have loads of folders for tubes and just enable the one(s) you are using, that's what I do and I have no problem at all with speed of program

kipper

Super Moderator
I bow to your greater knowledge, I guess we can't help you.

GracieMae

Not trying to be funny,just to explain why I need to convert them. I know not all of us do the same things with our graphics but I love to mess around with tubes. If I have them saved as jpg, gif, png, tga or whatever then they are not tubes so, for example if I have this graphic:-

And I want to use it to do something like this:-

Or this:-

I can't until it's a tube so I keep all my tubes in my tube folders as I use them all the time. Unfortunately it looks as though I will have to convert them all one at a time...ah well, here goes!

Just Debbie

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 3740345]open it where? I think her problem is that it's opening in PSP 9 with black background instead of a transparent one[/QUOTE]

That happens to me sometimes and if it does,I open them in ani and copy and paste in psp. :)

Just Debbie

Super Moderator
GracieMae....

Question: Are your images already tubed (no backgrounds) ?

Just Debbie

Super Moderator
and if not is it that you are wanting to take a lot of them at once and covert them into tubes?

GracieMae

[QUOTE="Just Debbie, post: 3741464]and if not is it that you are wanting to take a lot of them at once and covert them into tubes?[/QUOTE]

Both actually, debbie but earlier version tubes didn't have the tub extension so psp 9 doesn't recognise them. They have no backgrounds and I want to give them the .tub or .psp tube extension but one at a time using the export command is painful!

Just Debbie

Super Moderator
could do it if psp 9 can recognise png not sure bout' converting multiple to .psp or .tub just yet

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="GracieMae, post: 3741505]Both actually, debbie but earlier version tubes didn't have the tub extension so psp 9 doesn't recognise them. They have no backgrounds and I want to give them the .tub or .psp tube extension but one at a time using the export command is painful![/QUOTE]

To import tubes from earlier versions there are free converters. I thought you needed to convert a png file (snagged from here for example) to a tube, If so it would need to be in this format.

[jimg]heia/z3/Y/o/g/d/a.aaa.jpg[/jimg]

In which case I think the only way is one at a time with the import.