USPS New Stamp

How ironic is this??!! They don't even believe in Christ and they're getting their own Christmas stamp, but don't dream of posting the ten
commandments on federal property?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

USPS New Stamp

This one is impossible to believe.

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military barracks in Saudi Arabia!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11/2001!

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the

EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class holiday
postage stamp.

REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp

when purchasing your stamps at the post office.

To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those

AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

I personally, will NOT BE BUYING any of these stamps!!!!!! Has the American Postal Service gone out of it's mind??? WHAT IS HAPPENING TO AMERICA?? I SINCERELY HOPE YOU WILL BOYCOTT THESE STAMPS IF THEY DO DECIDE TO PRINT THEM. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!

Ice Cream Man

Wow, I don't know where to start!

True Muslims (or any "REAL" religious people) don't do things like this! I think its very unfair to label these killers "Muslims" just because they're from a Country that is primarally (sp) Muslim. These killers (no matter what country they are from) are ruthless thugs/terriosts/criminals, PEROID!!!

If you put the shoe on the other foot, then foreigners, because of the Oklahoma bombings (or any other horrible crime/murder by an American), could have the same feelings about Christians/Mormans/Protestants! I just think we should keep religion out of it, reguardless of that "70 virgins bullshit" or whatever other non-religious crap we can see thru!

It's certainly not right to call Americans/Protestants(or whatever American religion) terrorists just because Timmothy McVey bombed the building in Oklahoma! (just one example)

All religions have one thing in common, and that is Love/Respect for people and this earth that we were given! Anyone that has did any of these things in your original post can not possibly be religious!

As for the post office honoring the Muslim holiday, I think it's fine! It's not like they are honoring the terrorists that do things like this! I would like the whole world to honor EVERYONES religious hollidays! It's just simple respect for good/holy teachings that this world should follow & practice! It also lets the world know that we're not stupid enough to fall for ANY religion that calls for suicide/murder/greed/killing/lies/cheating etc!!!!

...That sounds more like something the DEVIL would do!

This is NOT aimed at you DLG (just a little venting)....I think it's a great post and you can bet it will generate a lot of replys! I hope you're not upset that I think its a GOOD idea to honor other religions, but please don't confuse that with the anger I feel with 9-11 & other horrible acts of the terrorists/usless ass-holes! I think all countries should honor other countries religions, even if we don't practice them!

ByteMe

Very nicely put ICM. Diveristy is key, and we should all respect one another for the differences that we have. Killers/terrorists come in every race, ethnicity, religion, etc. and we should not comdemn all for the cowardly acts of a few.

Patrish

A Premium Jokaroo'er
They give Muslim a bad name.....!

Regardless, it is more like the fanatical extremists who are doing these things...:mad:
You are right that the average God feared Muslim isnt involved...but
the brainwashed Muslim is.

It's unfortunate they have ruined their God and faith with the extremeness and cruelty.

Like Jamestown gave Christianity a sour look too.

Cults...it's just NOT a good thing....EVER!!!

Mystryss Joi

JD_from_Kentucky said:
Truth is, this is an old issue, almost 2 years dead. the Item mentioned looks like this.
It has not been issued for nearly 2 yrs.

The U.S. Postal Service issued the EID Stamp commemorating the Muslim holidays Eid al-Fitr (marking the end of Ramadan) and Eid al-Adha (marking the end of the pilgrimage to Mecca) as part of its multicultural Holiday Celebrations series on September 1, 2001.at the annual Islamic Society of North America's convention in Des Plaines, Ill. The initial release of this stamp predated and therefore had nothing to do with the September 11 terrorist attack on the United States. Evidently it was the reissuing of this popular postage stamp a year later in October 2002, barely a month after the first anniversary of the terrorist attacks of 9/11, that prompted the angry email protest above.

The assertion that buying this stamp is "a slap in the face" to victims of terrorism is arguable, to say the least. While the specific allegations are factually accurate — all the terrorist acts listed in the email have been attributed to avowed Muslims — it's rather a large leap from there to blaming all Muslims and the Islamic faith in general for those atrocities. There are pundits, granted, who claim that violence and terrorism are endemic to Islam (notably conservative Christians such as Jerry Falwell and Paul M. Weyrich), but theirs is a minority view staunchly rejected by experts in comparative religion, not to mention the U.S. government and President George W. Bush himself. "The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam," Bush has stated publicly. "That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace."

President Bush issues yearly proclamations commemorating the Muslim holidays Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. We have yet to hear anyone question his patriotism or condemn his statements on Islam as "a slap in the face" to victims of terrorism.
Ohhhhhh I know that stamp....
Okay I guess I have to say this about the indignant emailers...
It really doesn't take a lot to p'o the average mass emailer.. and
I've noticed that not a whole lot of research goes into the emails
that are rocketed out daily. So as far as upsetting the ban Pepsi
and every other product on the market mass mailing , conspiracy
theorist emailer...let's consider the source.

Mystryss Joi

JD_from_Kentucky said:
Thanks Mystryss JOI, I sometimes feel like I'm stepping on toes in this thread, but I do like to research most, if not all things I respond to, so if I find them to be bogas, or bull, I will throw a bucket of water on it in a heartbeat. There is so much crap out there and so many gullable people, someone has to put the fires out.

WE NEED TO FIND YOU A COUNTRY.
Your very welcome JD... and I'm the same way..I have a fairly large arsenal
of myth busting links saved in my bookmarks just for such emails. lol

MO-I$E69

As One Who Has Been A Victim Of Sterotyping, To Many Times. I Try Not To Sterotype. This Sounds Like Sterotyping. We Can Not Hold Race Responsible For What A Few Assholes Do. The Ones Who Do The Crimes. Should Be Punished For The Crimes.

cruella959

MO-I$E69 said:
As One Who Has Been A Victim Of Sterotyping, To Many Times. I Try Not To Sterotype. This Sounds Like Sterotyping. We Can Not Hold Race Responsible For What A Few Assholes Do. The Ones Who Do The Crimes. Should Be Punished For The Crimes.

Amen to that!

krpanctm

I myself am not Muslim, but I know Muslims and I think it is absolutely SILLY that Jews nor Muslims and Christians do not get along on a global scale. All three "follow" the same teachings but under different names. Did you know Eid is a celebration of a story that is also in your Christian bible?Not ever stamp approved is going to be of your liking, did you also know that you can have stamps made with your own beliefs put on them? You can find the sites on the web to do it. :sarcasm:

The word 'Eid is an Arabic name to mean a festivity, a celebration, a recurring happiness, and a feast. In Islam, there are two major 'Eids namely the feast of Ramadhan ('EId Al-Fitr) and the Feast of Sacrifice ('Eid Al-Adhha). The first 'Eid is celebrated by Muslims after fasting the month of Ramadhan as a matter of thanks and gratitude to Almighty Allah. It takes place on the first day of Shawwal, the tenth month of the lunar calendar. The second 'Eid is the Feast of Sacrifice and it is to be celebrated for the memory of prophet Ibrahim trying to sacrifice his son Isma'il (Ishmael). This 'Eid lasts four days between the tenth and the thirteenth day of Zul-Hijjah, the twelfth month of the lunar calendar.

Eid Al-Fitr is all about celebrating the good things that we have received, God’s (Allah’s) bounty and our family and friends. Every household who can afford it must pay a form of tax in the days leading up to Eid. It is a very small amount, and is paid for each person in the family. Traditionally the tax was in the form of food, although most people now give the equivalent in money. The money or food is given to poor people, so that they can celebrate Eid, too. The tax is not collected by anyone, and no one is forced to pay it, but it is required as a religious act, and almost everyone pays.
Eid al-Adha or Feast of Sacrifice is the most important feast of the Muslim calendar. It concludes the Pilgrimmage to Mecca. Eid al-Adha lasts for three days and commemorates Ibraham's (Abraham) willingness to obey God by sacrificing his son. Muslims believe the son to be Ishmael rather than Isaac as told in the Old Testament. Ishmael is considered the forefather of the Arabs. According to the Koran, Ibrahim was about to sacrifice his son when a voice from heaven stopped him and allowed him to sacrifice a ram instead.

The feast re-enacts Ibrahim's obedience by sacrificing a cow or ram. The family eats about a third of the meal and donates the rest to the poor.

I am pleased to see the Eid Al-Fitr stamp. Just because someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean it shouldn't be. People tend to sometimes carry vain desires that their way is all that is and anything other than what they want to see is offensive. My suggesstion, go find an Island for yourself where EVERYTHING is your way. BTW,

Remember the Crusades?

Remember the Nazi extermination of 6,000,000 Jews and many other non-Jews?

Remember the KKK' ethnic cleasing?

Remember McVeigh?

Remember the Spanish Inquisitions and the Christian "convert or die" door to door slaughter?

Remember our current Christian President who is slaughtering innocent Muslims with "smart" bombs?

Remember the Jim Jones Cult?

Remember the Heaven's Gate Cult?

Does this change the fact that Christians are great people? By your logic, it does. By actual logic, it doesn't in the slightest.

krpanctm, thanks for the posting the Eid info for the people. Peace be upon you!

disturbed_lady_dragon said:
How ironic is this??!! They don't even believe in Christ and they're getting their own Christmas stamp
If, by THEY, you mean Muslims, you seem to miseducated. Jesus (PBUH) is a HUGE part of our faith. We pray how he prayed. We fast as he fasted, we greet one another the way he said to greet your brethren, our Holy Book has an entire chapter dedicated to his mother (Mary) and in the Holy Qur'an it says that Mary is chosen by God, above ALL women of ALL nations to be an example to ALL people, man and woman. The Qur'an says that Jesus (PBUH) is forever to be honered in this world and in the Hereafter and in the company of those nearest to God Almighty. Just thought you'd like to know!

Patrish

A Premium Jokaroo'er
Yet you dont believe in Him...;)

Or I will be more succint, you do not believe God would make sure that Christ's Words would remain intact without interpolation. :p

God's words too, for that matter. ;)

Patrish said:
Yet you dont believe in Him...;)

Or I will be more succint, you do not believe God would make sure that Christ's Words would remain intact without interpolation. :p

God's words too, for that matter. ;)
Please, this isn't the place to atart debating this again. I agree that I don't believe in Jesus (PBUH) as you do in that I don't believe he is God Almighty. Time, science and geology have proven the Bible to be very errored, not me.