What is it? #423

Bamber

Super Moderator
Obligatory advertising break...

Bamber

Super Moderator
From the primitive to the modern, these hand held objects have the same function.
What are they?

kipper

Super Moderator
I think Norman Stanley Fletcher may have invented them...:heehee:

Pprey

[QUOTE="konifur, post: 5055173]Hand strengtheners.[/QUOTE] Thought you had something else for that?

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Well I thought about sharpening tools; and then saw Kip's post, and couldn't understand how a man in a prison for stealing a lorry load of booze [for our American friends the series was called Porridge over here, but I think 'Doing Time in a USA] but then I thought about the surname, and I seem to remember that a 'fletcher' was a person who made or sold arrows ~ so could they be for making sure the shafts are true and straight

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Pprey, post: 5055194]Thought you had something else for that?[/QUOTE]

Did you not know i`m an Ex wanker now.I have been off the willy for over two years now.:teeth:

Pprey

[QUOTE="konifur, post: 5055212]Did you not know i`m an Ex wanker now.I have been off the willy for over two years now.:teeth:[/QUOTE]
I was thinking of exercise balls - foam rubber balls.

Pprey

[QUOTE="Romford Lad, post: 5055208]Well I thought about sharpening tools; and then saw Kip's post, and couldn't understand how a man in a prison for stealing a lorry load of booze [for our American friends the series was called Porridge over here, but I think 'Doing Time in a USA] but then I thought about the surname, and I seem to remember that a 'fletcher' was a person who made or sold arrows ~ so could they be for making sure the shafts are true and straight [/QUOTE]
Thanks RL, Kips comment flew by me without a sound. By the way the name for arrow in Spanish is flecha.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Romford Lad, post: 5055208]Well I thought about sharpening tools; and then saw Kip's post, and couldn't understand how a man in a prison for stealing a lorry load of booze [for our American friends the series was called Porridge over here, but I think 'Doing Time in a USA] but then I thought about the surname, and I seem to remember that a 'fletcher' was a person who made or sold arrows ~ so could they be for making sure the shafts are true and straight [/QUOTE]

Far to complex for this old Devon boy, the series that followed Porridge was the clue, s'pecially the signature tune..

♫ I'm going straight I am -------- -- -- ----- ♫

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 5055262]the answer is the same ... right? lol :lookaroun[/QUOTE]

It is indeedy...:teeth:

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="TwiztedAngel, post: 5054995]What about arrow shaft tools?[/QUOTE]
So they are, but not quite enough information.

That's what I was looking for, they are all arrow straighteners.