Advertisement...

Bamber

Super Moderator
Two angles on the same thing.
9 cm long (3½ in), what is this?

squirt

Administrator
I give it my seal of approval! lol :2thumbsup:
I dunno the name, used to put official seals on documents?

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Pprey, post: 5071935]Chocolate money wrapper. Fixed your PC B?[/QUOTE]
I had a new Windows 10 laptop waiting to be configured Roy. I was also fortunate to have backed the old one up the day before it crashed and have restored from there to a temporary drive, so I've just got to transfer my data files and install software to access them.
:grin:

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
Oh DAM Bamber! I had one of those in the Boy Scouts and got a merit badge because I didn't burn my Denver Omelt.

Pprey

I use Acronis to clone the system disk once a week. Any problems I just swap the drive.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Pprey, post: 5072193]I use Acronis to clone the system disk once a week. Any problems I just swap the drive.[/QUOTE]

Used Acronis but found it expensive and not that good for the price, also used Easeus Todo back up and found it too ambiguous and arty farty, and very unreliable. Started using Aomei backerupper which is free, easy, and never failed once so far.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Not too sure here, like our Squirt's idea of a seal, but I think they were/are a heavier press sort of thing for the wax ~ my old Dad had something that embossed his address on a sheet of plain paper ~ it was more of a press thing, but I think this could be a different type of that.

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="kipper, post: 5072196]Used Acronis but found it expensive and not that good for the price, also used Easeus Todo back up and found it too ambiguous and arty farty, and very unreliable. Started using Aomei backerupper which is free, easy, and never failed once so far.[/QUOTE]
This is Aomei. I just created a virtual drive on the new machine and restored the backup to that drive, no problem. I'm now moving my data from the virtual to the physical drive and reinstalling any software I need to access it. Plain sailing so far, I'd definitely recommend Aomei.

Only problem I've encountered with Aomei is that I disconnect the backup drive after a save. I have another external drive and if I forget to connect the backup drive on a Sunday morning (when the backup is scheduled) it will back up to the wrong drive rather than failing because the backup drive is not connected.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 5072246]This is Aomei. I just created a virtual drive on the new machine and restored the backup to that drive, no problem. I'm now moving my data from the virtual to the physical drive and reinstalling any software I need to access it. Plain sailing so far, I'd definitely recommend Aomei.

Only problem I've encountered with Aomei is that I disconnect the backup drive after a save. I have another external drive and if I forget to connect the backup drive on a Sunday morning (when the backup is scheduled) it will back up to the wrong drive rather than failing because the backup drive is not connected.
[/QUOTE]

I'm just a poor boy and can't afford 2 drives...:crying:

Pprey

I have used Aomei, not sure why I got rid of it. I use an SSD on usb 3.

Pprey

Could be a tool for fitting pop studs. We had one of those stamps RL, back in the days when you stayed in the same house for years so it was worth the expense of having the stamp made.

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 5071864]I give it my seal of approval! lol :2thumbsup:
I dunno the name, used to put official seals on documents?
[/QUOTE]
First shot and a direct hit. :clap:

It is a document seal embosser.