What is it? #447

Bamber

Super Moderator
What is the function of these objects?

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal Super *Star* & all around NiceGuy
Equestrians used these to sort and mesure a hores tail for braiding.

Bamber

Super Moderator
They are nothing to do with food and although nothing to do with any creature this...
Equestrians used these to sort and mesure a hores tail for braiding.
...is the closest answer so far, in that they are used to measure and they may be found in a blacksmiths.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Well guys, been absent for a little while, so have just got back. Read through all the posts here, and I though cheese grater was very close, but after seeing what Bamber posted, and the 'may' be in a blacksmith's ~ I was thinking about what if that blacksmith was also a 'farrier' and therefore could they be 'farrier's rasps' for smoothing the horse's hoof before fitting the shoe?

LilMissPurrfect

As the granddaughter of a blacksmith I am very disappointed in myself for so not knowing what this is. I am a disgrace to my own kind.

Is it a bolster plate? (I even had to look up the english word as if it wasn´t already bad enough) :cry:

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
Not bolster plates.
The holes are VERY important: that's what they are all about.

Bamber

Super Moderator
As the granddaughter of a blacksmith I am very disappointed in myself for so not knowing what this is. I am a disgrace to my own kind.

Is it a bolster plate? (I even had to look up the english word as if it wasn´t already bad enough) :cry:
They wouldn't be associated with the main work of a blacksmith and some smiths will not have had any connection with them. They are to do with something metal.

LilMissPurrfect

I don´t know. An anvil tool to support or help punching holes. But if it isn´t a bolster plate then I have NO idea....

Last edited:

squirt

Administrator
I would say strainers but that wouldn't measure anything