What is it? #553

Bamber

Super Moderator
These come in a variety of very specific sizes.
The long examples are around 4 inches, 10 centimetres.

squirt

Administrator
some sort of key?
that's the best I've got right now lol

Bamber

Super Moderator
Although the ring parts are important, the "business end" is the flanges.

Pprey

Nothing to do with fishing. Think of one of the other traditional country pursuits.
Not sure about the north of England but the forest of dean and parts of Gloucestershire are reputed to play a game called "keep it in the family". Can´t see how these could be used for that. Spurs maybe?

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Having just popped in and read through ~ I can see what Pprey means about spurs ~ but can't see how they would fit around the boot ~ and certainly some of them I don't think would be long enough ~ but have ho idea what other country pursuit would use something as small as this ~ if it turns out to be parts of a 'bit' then bless the poor horse!!

Bamber

Super Moderator
Not sure about the north of England but the forest of dean and parts of Gloucestershire are reputed to play a game called "keep it in the family". Can´t see how these could be used for that. Spurs maybe?
Having just popped in and read through ~ I can see what Pprey means about spurs ~ but can't see how they would fit around the boot ~ and certainly some of them I don't think would be long enough ~ but have ho idea what other country pursuit would use something as small as this ~ if it turns out to be parts of a 'bit' then bless the poor horse!!
Strike 2. Not fishin'. Not (fox) huntin'. What does that leave?