When World War III began

longwalker

Jokeroo Enthusiast
When WW III Started - 1979
This is not very long, but very informative You have to read the catalog of events in this brief piece. Then, ask yourself how anyone can take the position that all we have to do is bring our troops home from Iraq, reset the snooze alarm, go back to sleep, and no one will ever bother us again. In case you missed it, World War III began in November 1979...

US Navy Captain Ouimette is the Executive Officer at Naval Air Station, Pensacola , Florida . Here is a copy of the speech he gave last month. It is an accurate account of why we are in so much trouble today and why this action is so necessary.
AMERICA NEEDS TO WAKE UP!
That's what we think we heard on the 11th of September 2001 (When more than 3,000 Americans were killed) and maybe it was, but I think it should have been 'Get Out of Bed!' In fact, the alarm clock has been buzzing since 1979 and we have continued to hit the snooze button and roll over for a few more minutes of peaceful sleep since then.
It was a cool fall day in November 1979 in a country going through a religious and political upheaval when a group of Iranian students attacked and seized the American Embassy in Tehran . This seizure was an outright attack on American soil; it was an attack that held the world's most powerful country hostage and paralyzed a Presidency The attack on this sovereign U. S. Embassy set the stage for events to follow for the next 25 years.
America was still reeling from the aftermath of the Vietnam experience and had a serious threat from the Soviet Union when then, President Carter, had to do something. He chose to conduct a clandestine raid in the desert. The ill-fated mission ended in ruin, but stood as a symbol of America 's inability to deal with terrorism.
America 's military had been decimated and down sized since the end of the Vietnam War. A poorly trained, poorly equipped and poorly organized military was called on to execute a complex mission that was doomed from the start.
Shortly after the Tehran experience, Americans began to be kidnapped and killed throughout the Middle East . America could do little to protect her citizens living and working abroad. The attacks against US soil continued.
In April of 1983 a large vehicle packed with high explosives was driven into the US Embassy compound in Beirut When it explodes, it kills 63 people. The alarm went off again and America hit the Snooze Button once more.
Then just six short months later in 1983 a large truck heavily laden down with over 25 00 pounds of TNT smashed through the main gate of the US Marine Corps headquarters in Beirut and 241 US servicemen are killed. America mourns her dead and hit the Snooze Button once more.
Two months later in December 1983, another truck loaded with explosives is driven into the US Embassy in Kuwait , and America continues her slumber.
The following year, in September 1984, another van was driven into the gate of the US Embassy in Beirut and America slept.
Soon the terrorism spreads to Europe . In April 1985 a bomb explodes in a restaurant frequented by US soldiers in Madrid .
Then in August 1985 a Volkswagen loaded with explosives is driven into the main gate of the US Air Force Base at Rheine-Main, 22 are killed and the snooze alarm is buzzing louder and louder as US interests are continually attacked.
Fifty-nine days later in 1985 a cruise ship, the Achille Lauro is hijacked and we watched as an American in a wheelchair is singled out of the passenger list and executed.
The terrorists then shift their tactics to bombing civilian airliners when they bomb TWA Flight 840 in April of 1986 that killed 4 and the most tragic bombing, Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie , Scotland in 1988, killing 259.
The wake up alarm is getting louder and louder.
The terrorists decide to bring the fight to America . In January 1993, two CIA agents are shot and killed as they enter CIA headquarters in Langley , Virginia .
The following month, February 1993, a group of terrorists are arrested after a rented van packed with explosives is driven into the underground parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York City . Six people are killed and over 1000 are injured. Still this is a crime and not an act of war? The Snooze alarm is depressed again.
Then in November 1995 a car bomb explodes at a US military complex in Riyadh Saudi Arabia killing seven service men and women.
A few months later in June of 1996, another truck bomb explodes only 35 yards from the US military compound in Dhahran , Saudi Arabia . It destroys the Khobar Towers , a US Air Force barracks, killing 19 and injuring over 500. The terrorists are getting braver and smarter as they see that America does not respond decisively.
They move to coordinate their attacks in a simultaneous attack on two US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania . These attacks were planned with precision. They kill 224. America responds with cruise missile attacks and goes back to sleep.
The USS Cole was docked in the port of Aden, Yemen for refueling on 12 October 2000, when a small craft pulled along side the ship and exploded killing 17 US Navy Sailors. Attacking a US War Ship is an act of war, but we sent the FBI to investigate the crime and went back to sleep.
And of course you know the events of 11 September 2001. Most Americans think this was the first attack against US soil or in America . How wrong they are. America has been under a constant attack since 1979 and we chose to hit the snooze alarm and roll over and go back to sleep.
In the news lately we have seen lots of finger pointing from every high official in government over what they knew and what they didn't know. But if you've read the papers and paid a little attention I think you can see exactly what they knew. You don't have to be in the FBI or CIA or on the National Security Council to see the pattern that has been developing since 1979.
I think we have been in a war for the past 25 years and it will continue until we as a people decide enough is enough. America needs to 'Get out of Bed' and act decisively now. America has been changed forever. We have to be ready to pay the price and make the sacrifice to ensure our way of life continues. We cannot afford to keep hitting the snooze button again and again and roll over and go back to sleep.
After the attack on Pearl Harbor , Admiral Yamamoto said '... it seems all we have done is awakened a sleeping giant.' This is the message we need to disseminate to terrorists around the world.
This is not a political thing to be hashed over in an election year, this is an AMERICAN thing. This is about our Freedom and the Freedom of our children in years to come.

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
If this is just an 'American' thing then why are Canadian troops and others from all over the world over in Iraq as we speak?

Goodgrief

The title says it all; World War III. In my books any non-Muslim country is at risk. So far, the main targets have been the U.S. installations. But other countries have been targeted, such as England and Spain. It's just a matter of time before we all have to start getting up a little earlier.

Flynn

I can go back a few years earlier than 1979 for the start of WW3. and it had very little or nothing to do with America. Palestinian terrorists capture 11 members of the Israeli Olympic team and from there it goes all pear shaped with lots of innocent people dying.

It's ironic that the date of the Munich Olympic Games was from August 26 to September 11, 1972.

In answer to Sadie, it's only an American thing because they think they are the most important people on the planet, the rest of don't count. The Americans didn't join WW2 until late into the conflict and only then because Pearl Harbour was bombed but you ask any American and they'll tell you it was their war and they beat Germany and Japan all by themselves.

Iceman

In answer to Sadie, it's only an American thing because they think they are the most important people on the planet, the rest of don't count. The Americans didn't join WW2 until late into the conflict and only then because Pearl Harbour was bombed but you ask any American and they'll tell you it was their war and they beat Germany and Japan all by themselves.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

You thinking that Americans think we are the most important people on the planet is just an opinion of yours that is in conjunction with all your other opinions of the American people. I have never heard of or seen any American that felt that way. And your last statement couldn't be any more false. We won the war, but it was with the help of our allies..No thanks to France though...

Flynn

Iceman

We see and hear Americans as I decribed every day in the media.

Patriotism is one thing, thinking you are better than any other nationality is racist.

Iceman

Iceman

Patriotism is one thing, thinking you are better than any other nationality is racist.[/SIZE]
In your profile you say that you are here for our benifit, now who is thinking they are better than anyone else?

Goodgrief

What is a Non Muslim country ?

I don't think there is an independant/democratic country that does not have people of the Islamic faith living and paying taxes there.[/SIZE]

You know what I meant Flynn, a non-Muslim country is one whose government and laws aren't dictated by the Islamic religion.

longwalker

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Iceman

Patriotism is one thing, thinking you are better than any other nationality is racist.[/SIZE]
Mainstream media is your worst source and is driven by people who dislike America as much as you seem to! So it would seem you fit into their matrix perfectly. Once America is deconstructed there won't be anyone to counter the real imperialists!

sybarite

[QUOTE="longwalker, post: 3461697]Mainstream media is your worst source and is driven by people who dislike America as much as you seem to! So it would seem you fit into their matrix perfectly. Once America is deconstructed there won't be anyone to counter the real imperialists![/QUOTE]

Where have you been all of my life??:airheart:

Flynn

In your profile you say that you are here for our benifit, now who is thinking they are better than anyone else?[/COLOR]
Thanks for checking my profile.

If I ever have a few seconds of net time to spare I may look at your profile.

Flynn

Most of the electronic media that I look at about the USA is beamed to me from USA news sources.

Are you saying that the electronic media directed and produced in America by Americans is biased against Americans ?[/SIZE]

essex boy

Super Moderator
If there is a World War3 let's hope America gets their act together faster than they did during World War2"tap"

BigPapa

In the imortal words of Popeye...."Thats all I can stands , Cause I can't stands no more!!"

Essex my friend you are absolutely 100% right.....We definately earned the title of "Johnny Come Lately" in WWII ! I wasnt around then but my Grandpa WAS and even he said that it was as if we were turn'in a blind eye to what was happening until we felt the sting ourselves ! There were plenty of Americans who were ready and willing to fight but could do nothing until war was declared and when it was all said and done you couldnt tell the blood of one soldier from another , not that it mattered....it all ran red and it all stained the ground where they fell American , English , French (kinda lol) , and others , They all went through the same hell , and paid the same price and would do it 100 times over willingly because Tyranny and Evil takes on any form it can no matter what nationality and theres only ONE way to deal with it ! My Grandpa knew that and met it head on along side soldiers from across the world fighting for the same cause and he watched them fall along side his buddies !

Flynn , Flynn , Flynn for a man with the inteligence you seem to have you should know full well that of course the footage you see in the media is bias "Its controlled by the government!!" and they want the rest of the world to think that THEY are the salvation of the rest of us ignorant citizens...do'in what ever they can to save us from ourselves hell if they could get away with it they would still have everyone over here north of the mason dixon think'in everybody in the south was just ignorant poor white trash eat'in cornpone and sowbelly everyday and see'in who could loose the most teeth ! Yes Flynn we have our share of problems...and from top to bottom we seem to have lost track of who we are and the majority of us are try'in like hell to fix that ! We have forgotten the lessons our grandparents fought to preserve....we have forgotten what kind of stock we're made of but its all come'in back believe me ! And if the country doesnt wake the hell up then we will definately loose everything we've fought for which is only fair if were willing to just watch it walk away! But I still believe.....I still have faith that MY fellow Americans will remember what made us who we were and will have the testicular fortitude to remember what was and what could be again if we'll just stand up and say "Not on Our Watch!!" So please don't let the ignorance of the few you see form your oppinion of the 300 some odd million others.....that would be like me say'in I completely understand eggzactly how we put a man on the moon because I saw the footage on the news !I don't think myself better than anyone my friend no matter what race , religious background , or nationality . I just belive in my Faith and my country and if that makes me wrong then I'll answer for it when the time comes!
"That this nation shall have a new birth of freedom , and that this government of the people , by the people , and for the people shall not parish from the earth!".......Abraham Lincoln , Gettysburg , PA

Vinnie

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 3461503]You know what I meant Flynn, a non-Muslim country is one whose government and laws aren't dictated by the Islamic religion.[/QUOTE]

Easily identifiable like Turkey, Egypt, Algeria etc.

Iceman

[QUOTE="Flynn, post: 3461941]Thanks for checking my profile.

If I ever have a few seconds of net time to spare I may look at your profile.[/QUOTE]

Go ahead, but you won't find anywhere that I state that I am here for everyone's benefit.

sybarite

....however, people that complain that America will not or did not get involved will often say that America should not be sticking its nose in another country's business so there is no way we can win. We're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't!!

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="sybarite, post: 3462586]....however, people that complain that America will not or did not get involved will often say that America should not be sticking its nose in another country's business so there is no way we can win. We're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't!![/QUOTE]

Nice to be popular huh?

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Vinnie, post: 3462543]Easily identifiable like Turkey, Egypt, Algeria etc.[/QUOTE]

Jeez Vin, you'll be telling me the UK's biggest terrorist threat was the IRA funded by America next....